What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CONSTRUCTION OF A LIGHT BOX FOR PINBALL TRANSLITES : VIDEO

wiggy07

Registered

Attachments

• building-a-tansliight-lightbox.jpg
    building-a-tansliight-lightbox.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 11111.jpg
    11111.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 33333.jpg
    33333.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 222222.jpg
    222222.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 47
Anyone make these in the U.K.?

If not is anyone interested in these being made and readily available in the U.K.?

Depending on price ,i would take some j85
Give me an idea what your thinking...

I have a friend who is ana amazing carpenter, if there’s enough interest for say a dozen I’ll put the idea to him and see what he thinks.

100 quid each, better with the stern one for that money. but realistic price id take 10+ my mancave starting next month so have plenty of walls for em

I’ll run it by him tomorrow over the phone.

See if he can build me a prototype and I’ll play around with LED strip placement. Saw a few different ones on pinside, where like the video above LED strips are placed on the back in a S/Z layout, but also saw some that where made with the LEDs around the inside of the frame which gave it a nice even effect with no hot spots.

I can remember some for sale a while back for £85 each and people moaned they were to expensive.

I'd recommend you animate the lights - they look so much better with a light show behind - pretty cheap and easy to do.

Will be making a couple of these (3 translights long) ,but no room to do jack sh1t at the moment need to sell a machine !
Very interested in this Arduino setup @AlanJ

@AlanJ are you able to make these translite boxes or are you just doing animated lighting for them?

I don’t want to waste my mates time if someone else can make these within the community

@AlanJ are you able to make these translite boxes or are you just doing animated lighting for them?

I don’t want to waste my mates time if someone else can make these within the community

hi, i could make the box but woodworking isn’t really my thing. i’ve done a few frames for my own back glass and playfield projects. so if you have someone who can do that then please carry on. ill post up a sample video and code of how easy it is to animate a led strip and how you can even make it do different animations based on what the pinball machine is doing (this is easier than you think)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi, i could make the box but woodworking isn’t really my thing. i’ve done a few frames for my own back glass and playfield projects. so if you have someone who can do that then please carry on. ill post up a sample video and code of how easy it is to animate a led strip and how you can even make it do different animations based on what the pinball machine is doing (this is easier than you think)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for getting back to me Alan my friend who’s a professional and old school carpenter is already looking into this for me and anyone else interested.

He can sculpt (if that’s the right word for woodwork) realistic animals out of blocks of wood so these should be a walk in the park for him.

Anyone know where you get the clip frames from and do they make them to custom size? If so a simple box for LEDs should cost less than a tenner for me to knock up and £5 for the leds.
I’m not a carpenter but if I can knock this custom size cab for my vpin setup in 3 weeks a box should take all of 15 mins hehe

E8C4E8D5-BD9F-4748-ACDF-979BD6C13A49.jpeg

Anyone know where you get the clip frames from and do they make them to custom size? If so a simple box for LEDs should cost less than a tenner for me to knock up and £5 for the leds.
I’m not a carpenter but if I can knock this custom size cab for my vpin setup in 3 weeks a box should take all of 15 mins hehe

View attachment 77912
nice work!

Thanks for getting back to me Alan my friend who’s a professional and old school carpenter is already looking into this for me and anyone else interested.

He can sculpt (if that’s the right word for woodwork) realistic animals out of blocks of wood so these should be a walk in the park for him.

Carve

Or just go to a picture framer with one of the hundreds of off the shelf trims, I guess. Lots of lots about given they frame pictures all the time. Not sure you need an actual backbox?

It’s big difference without lighting and they don’t look anywhere near as nice so a light box is a must IMO
Also the clip frame is for switching translites easily if you have a few that is and I have a few. 962595FA-E4B3-4377-A30F-1A235413E3A2.jpeg063D72B8-1415-48C8-A52A-349C8C4FCE1D.jpeg714D9169-62CE-4D67-B3EF-2D812E7BA764.jpeg

Wow that’s awesome. I need me some of that for my fav translites BoP and FH. Is there a beginners guide somewhere Alan

Wow that’s awesome. I need me some of that for my fav translites BoP and FH. Is there a beginners guide somewhere Alan

I didnt know a thing 10 months ago about all this arduino stuff, I've gone from zero to this in a few months. I am willing to help if yu want to have a bash, or I can do one for you. Im in Leeds, helps if you're nearby?

Back
Top Bottom