What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Concert/gig attending thread.....

Nice to find a thread you didn't know existed.
Been to a few gigs this year;
The Mysterines
John
Pip Blom
Bambara
Dry Cleaning
Oh Sees
Pigs x7
And just got back from Red Rooster which was way better than expected. Only a small festival but a great atmosphere and literally 5 mins drive away. Tried to have a game on JP2, couldn't hit a barn door, stll way too fuzzy🤪

Some good stuff there - seen Thee Oh Sees quite a few times over the years , the best one was The Hare and Hounds / Hydrant in Brighton .... for some reason the upstairs venue wasn't available so they played downstairs in a corner of the pub :D Mayhem ensued. This was about 10 years ago.

Red Rooster is ace. I went a few times around 2016/17/18 . Always fantastic lineup - Bob Log III, King Khan And The Shrines, Tav Falco, The Handsome Family, The Rockingbirds off top of my head

Reactions: PAX
Seen so many bands in the last month - first up was The Great Escape festival here in Brighton .... 3 days, 450 bands in town , god knows how many I saw :D

Just back from Barcelona - did the 1st Weekend of Primavera Sound - epic stuff, fantastic weather, beautiful city.

1654694731829.png

Next up is my buddies band Slowdive in Copenhagen on Saturday night, along with The National and Sharon Van Etten and others :D:cool::D God its good to have live music back.

Some good stuff there - seen Thee Oh Sees quite a few times over the years , the best one was The Hare and Hounds / Hydrant in Brighton .... for some reason the upstairs venue wasn't available so they played downstairs in a corner of the pub :D Mayhem ensued. This was about 10 years ago.
John Dwyer knows ... ...
IMG_20220608_151056_495~2.jpg
P90s Baby ! 🤤

Seen so many bands in the last month - first up was The Great Escape festival here in Brighton .... 3 days, 450 bands in town , god knows how many I saw :D

Just back from Barcelona - did the 1st Weekend of Primavera Sound - epic stuff, fantastic weather, beautiful city.

View attachment 172667

Next up is my buddies band Slowdive in Copenhagen on Saturday night, along with The National and Sharon Van Etten and others :D:cool::D God its good to have live music back.
Pavement, Dinosaur Jr and Kim Gordon, very nice

View attachment 172667

That's one hell of a line up - must've been some awkward clashes

Hurts me to admit it but I far preferred KISS over Iron Maiden’s set at Download this year. Never ever thought I’d say that.

Highlight for me so far was seeing Becca go crowd surfing during Shinedown. Hopefully the start of the end of her listening to drill etc 🤘

Attachments

• IMG_6377.MOV
    5.6 MB
I recall going to see Kiss a couple years back around 2 weeks after Rammstein. Expected to be a bit disappointed but it was a good show. Different good is all.
Seen IM a few times and enjoyed them. Thought of maybe trying to catch them on the latest tour - listened to the newest album changed my mind :)

I've wanted to see Kiss for a while now but I'd only really see them if they did a tour in the vein of Legacy of the Beast (which was a brilliant show) and go for the classics and some deep-cuts.
Got tickets to see GnR and while they're not the GnR that took the stage at the Ritz in 88, I'm excited and it seems like they'll put on a good show. 100% getting tickets to see Motley Crue later this year and hopefully they bring Def Leppard over with them!

We really enjoyed Bush, Shinedown and Maiden yesterday. Looking forward to Korn today. Thank god we didn't get Disco Maiden 🤣
20220611_212502.jpg

Enjoyed Massive Wagons, Alestorm, Rise Against and Volbeat today. Yonaka were absolutely on form and we were at the barrier for them. Surprised they were playing a tiny tent as we saw them at the Kentish Town forum in Feb.
Watched one song from Biffy Clyro and realised they weren’t for me.

Hope everyone else had a great time.

Don’t think I’ve got another gig now until the Struts in July.

Sounds like a lot of good bands played Download. Or bands I like.
I have seen Biffy a few times, supporting or as an act before the main one. Each time they were really energetic and powerful. Then the albums were a lot softer and wasn’t so interested.

Sounds like a lot of good bands played Download. Or bands I like.
I have seen Biffy a few times, supporting or as an act before the main one. Each time they were really energetic and powerful. Then the albums were a lot softer and wasn’t so interested.
Saw Biffy on their first tour. They played to about 8 people at the Northampton Soundhouse as support for the Cooper Temple Clause. They only had about 6 songs but they were awesome, really raw and powerful.
Then saw them play a tent at Leeds festival and the tent was rammed, they smashed it. They started getting bigger but they became a bit too radio friendly and their most recent stuff sounds a bit samey to me.

Back from flying visit to Copenhagen at the weekend. What a lovely city.
Syd For Solen (South Of The Sun) fest - Saturday ... Beautiful small festival in a city park , freebie courtesy of my old buddy in Slowdive 😍 Perfect size , beautiful weather , cool chilled out vibe and some of the best sound I have heard on a main stage for some time. Hats off to the sound guys.

Anna Calvi
Wet Leg
Sharon Van Etten
The National
Slowdive

Drank too many/just enough beers. And had dust in my eye for The National and Slowdive - I think music and big gatherings like this have taken on a new intesity and meaning as we get back to them.
That said , with 3 festivals in 3 countries over the last month and not being Jagger ...I'm bloody knackered :rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
Just back Rebellion at Blackpool. A fine weekend and no mistake. Did lots of stuff including Discharge, Exploited, Gimp Fist and many others.
Last gig of the weekend was Stiff Little Fingers and as ever they did not disappoint !
1659962526964.png

Think I saw the tail on of the descendants whilst I was there. I didn't want to miss discharge cos that stage was full so went in real way.
They need a better sound man on that stage the first 4 or so discharge tracks no vocals were audible 😢

Just back Rebellion at Blackpool. A fine weekend and no mistake. Did lots of stuff including Discharge, Exploited, Gimp Fist and many others.
Last gig of the weekend was Stiff Little Fingers and as ever they did not disappoint!

How unkind the passing of time is.
Last time I saw SLF Jake Burns looked like this
gettyimages-85033549-2048x2048.jpg

Been a long time since he looked like that (But since that pic is possibly from the late 70s ... suspect very few people look now as they did 40 years ago ?)
(Suspect moving the US hasnt help him :D - Got married too a number of years back)

Off to this great small uk festival the weekend before Pinfest 👍 it's very leftfield; Post rock, post metal, sludge, math rock and a tiny bit of progressive metal then a pinch of synthwave.

ATG-artwork-FINAL-10am-Tuesday-23rd-November-600x849-1.jpeg

It's the most friendly festival I've ever been to, only around 5-6k people and the vibe is really nice.
Not to mention the lineup (for my tastes) is amazing. So many bands that i'm a huge or near obsessive fan of.

I used to go to gigs a lot before COVID, then I bought a house and discovered pinball so a festival like this is going to be a top up of sorts 😁

Back
Top Bottom