What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Coin Mech for Addams Family Pinball

PaulTAF

Site Supporter
Hi
I currently have a validator that work fine with Euros but I actually want one that accepts UK currency (10p 20p 50p £1 £2)
I believe it's a C220 but can't be sure as there are no marking/labels on it.
Thanks
Paul

20170324_145249 (1).jpg 20170324_145303.jpg Current mechanism...still need a replacement - can anybody help!

Hello, Paul,

I don't think that's a C 220, which the u.k. allocation of Addams had fitted. It looks as if it fits instead of an old-fashioned 'S 10' mechanical acceptor. I expect your machine has had alterations to the door and/or cabinet wiring to utilise this type of acceptor

Hello, Paul,

I don't think that's a C 220, which the u.k. allocation of Addams had fitted. It looks as if it fits instead of an old-fashioned 'S 10' mechanical acceptor. I expect your machine has had alterations to the door and/or cabinet wiring to utilise this type of acceptor

Bugger! So am I better off replacing door & mech then ? Thanks for the reply though :)

FME, the cabinet wiring of all WPC games like Addams is similar as far as the 'Coin Door Interface' pcb on the l/h side, near the tilt pendulum. The production line would install a pcb to suit the door being fitted - for the u.k, using a C 220 door, this pcb would have more components on-board than for an S 10 door, with up to three mechanical acceptors. The easiest way to have this machine on u.k coinage would be to have that acceptor re-programmed, if it's feasible.

What type of door does the machine have at the moment, btw?. If it's f'r example an original German or Dutch door, you could use some basic S 10 mechanical acceptors for u.k. coins, but I'd expect the wiring would have to be returned to the standard layout, i.e. using a trip-wire micro switch below each acceptor.

Changing the door for a C 220 type isn't difficult (there are four bolts holding its frame to the cabinet), but if doing so it's best to get the matching interface pcb and the door wiring as a complete set. Pinballs have a slightly different sized door to other types of amusement m/c, though. If the opening has been enlarged to fit a different size, that would make this option troublesome.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom