What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Closed: pinball party location - poll last night

do folk want the ukpp at merthyr again?

• yes, merthyr again

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • no, somewhere more central

Votes: 33 64.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If moderators had done their job properly this thread would be on topic. It's been allowed to become a large blister about to pop. Dave I don't think you should waste you time on this one. I have a sense of humour but I agree with you sometimes comments can be taken the wrong way.

We like to promote free discussion here .... most threads go a little off topic - @PinballDaze is big enough to be able to get any constructive feedback from it.

Saying that, keeping on topic is always a bonus :D

Dave, I've not been round here long, nor would I count myself as part of any 'clique', but I can say that I find everyone here resoundingly friendly and helpful. You may not have intended it, but your comments did read a little 'barbed' and in a bit 'I told you so'.

Well, I think I am right here. Most others won't agree, obviously for reasons I think it just has to stay in the clique. Andy has threatened to pull the plug 3 times now.

The only whinging I heard about Daventry was the dinner. We never attended that because we were warned it wasn't good. Why did Mr.Heighway not hear this whinging and recommendations? Instead he puts the dinner on again and nobody turns up. Which in turn probably ****ed him right off to lose more money, time & effort.

Christ @dave, what is your major malfunction? This forum was a general discussion about location. 32 vs 16 or whatever 'can't hear ya' is about as productive as leukemia. You seem abrasive and my simple mind finds you as humorous as a playground bully. This was a pleasant thread till you appeared with your b.s.

You just slated this forum with chats about cliques and pins dropping when you enter but honestly pal that is just you. You probably get it every time you enter anywhere. I'm new here, and was welcomed to the group as is every newbie I have seen join since. The older members have gone out of their way to advise and help those with less experience in my opinion. Do you not get that same feeling? This thread will soon end and I hope you realise it will be because of you. Your the guy that sucks the fun out of parties and makes everyone go home early.

Ps. This is all written tongue in cheek I hope you get my humor. :rofl::rofl:;)

@dave this thread is making me sad now. Lots of us know each other in real life because we've met, but that isn't the same as being a closed cliquey community at all.

Go to some league meets and you'll find that pretty much without exception the pin community is friendly and welcoming.

Christ @dave, what is your major malfunction? This forum was a general discussion about location. 32 vs 16 or whatever 'can't hear ya' is about as productive as leukemia. You seem abrasive and my simple mind finds you as humorous as a playground bully. This was a pleasant thread till you appeared with your b.s.

You just slated this forum with chats about cliques and pins dropping when you enter but honestly pal that is just you. You probably get it every time you enter anywhere. I'm new here, and was welcomed to the group as is every newbie I have seen join since. The older members have gone out of their way to advise and help those with less experience in my opinion. Do you not get that same feeling? This thread will soon end and I hope you realise it will be because of you. Your the guy that sucks the fun out of parties and makes everyone go home early.

Here here

Christ @dave

I don't find you funny at all actually, you're just wrong there with that whole statement. Let's just get one thing straight, this is probably the best place in the UK to come shopping for a machine and quite often I come to do just that and don't get involved in other threads, I do have better constructive time spent elsewhere. We also enjoyed the "one of a kind" Daventry format a lot and saw no reason for change. That is it.

So , the clique comment was blown way out of proportion as well. That what it's like actually. Pinball in general IS a very niche hobby and it always will be, clquey and niche go together hand in hand.

I think you're just bitter about not being able to sell your kids for a pinball machine, so I hope you feel a bit better letting off some steam. If only they knew, poor sods.

There it is. Well done. Got there in the end.

Huh? So you've skimmed the whole thread and were just looking for an argument? Bring it into PM next time and if it's non retarded I'll answer you gladly.

Hell yeah if you've got nothing better to do it's highly entertaining, right?. Use a proper image and carry on with off topic slandering. Back later OK.

frarpop.jpg

I have not been to too many pinball events

i attended the south coast slam, 2 NLP Manchester events Daventry and the recent Party, the only 1 I did not like was Daventry.
the food was horrid, the coffee worse, the pins were tired ( i was not in the tourny ) still had a good time though
The slam was great, the NLP in Manchester just rocks, i loved it to bits, so much to do not just pins, and i am gutted that i am in the states this year, but will make sure nothing clashes if it is on next time.
I would attend the party where ever it was including Daventry again as i like pinball, but it is was no where near as good as at Heighway, better pins factory tour, drink and food good, nice dinner and speaker, places to sit for everyone, great staff who went beyond to sort any issues. ( I appreciate that is just my experience others probably had better ones at Daventry and thats great too)

oh and Dave just remember like your Ukip just cos you are in the minority doesnt make you wrong ( although you are :) )

and if you start a clique can i join as no one has invited me to 1 yet and i am feeling a little left out

Well done for making a sensible comment apart from UKIP. If it wasn't for them we wouldn't have the referendum.

Thx Dave

could you like it then as that would give me lots of pleasure and be like having a blue peter badge for me , also hope you post in the new thread i made just so i can get your opinion on europe

I think pinball is quite a clique community. But that's just part of it being quite a small community too, and its not a bad thing.

Most people do actually know one another, at least by names, faces and reputation. And it's that last one that you need to think about if you continue with the posts you're making. You keep saying its all in jest, which is fine if your audience 'gets it'. But maybe its just your brand of humour that is niche?

Thx Dave

could you like it then as that would give me lots of pleasure and be like having a blue peter badge for me , also hope you post in the new thread i made just so i can get your opinion on europe

A lot of those points about food etc could and should have been addressed really, but did Andy and whoever else help organizing it know about this being a problem. I don't really think he did. Instead he felt there was a hidden boycott as he put it himself in a post.

Haha all you need to know is that if for any reason we stay in the EU I'm off to Oz. Which that is just helping the Yes I suppose, so be it.

Dave, can i get a like ???

go on as Clint says make my day, you know you want to

is this your humour again ?
i think you are right though Dave so i will go back to being a fly on the wall ( maybe you will like this then )

Any group will only appear exclusive and /or standoffish until you actually try to be friendly and say hello to them. This place and the UK pin community is no different. Every event I ever went to, I met more folks. The vast majority are good people I'd happily chat to and have a drink. I expect the majority probably regard me in the same way but some think I'm a total douchebag knob end. That's ok too, as I can be.

Cmon Dave, either be nice and we will welcome you and be happy to enjoy your company, or continue to act as you are, and end up lonely and wondering why people seem unfriendly to you.

Nope, no hidden agenda or humor in that post. You go from on topic to off topic in a flash. Why? Needed some attention?

Like I said anyway, use the PM to carry on making meaningful posts that have nothing to do with this thread at all.

Any group will only appear exclusive and /or standoffish until you actually try to be friendly and say hello to them. This place and the UK pin community is no different. Every event I ever went to, I met more folks. The vast majority are good people I'd happily chat to and have a drink. I expect the majority probably regard me in the same way but some think I'm a total douchebag knob end. That's ok too, as I can be.

Cmon Dave, either be nice and we will welcome you and be happy to enjoy your company, or continue to act as you are, and end up lonely and wondering why people seem unfriendly to you.

Dan. I feel excluded? Weird that I'm holding a one man argument here. Truth is, it is cliquey whether you liked that comment or not. That's just local forums for you. Worldwide.

Again, that's not really anything to do with the party being held in Wales. Most of you wouldn't care where it's held anyway. Already mentioned that a large percentage of you travel to these events regardless. Even if the food was whack in Daventry that wouldn't stop you going. Lots of double standards.

Most of you wouldn't care where it's held anyway. Already mentioned that a large percentage of you travel to these events regardless. Even if the food was whack in Daventry that wouldn't stop you going. Lots of double standards.

Exactly, we would go because we go to see friends and for the pinball it's the whole experience built up over a number of years. Personally I know a lot of people in pinball and am sometimes baffled by the amount of people who say hello and that's a great thing. I'm not sure how I know so many people but I tend to hang round with the ones I know instead of introducing myself to new ones although I'll happily play with anyone waiting for a machine at a show I don't go out of my way to chat to people I've not seen before.

The food wasn't good in Daventry but again you're missing the point, people go to enjoy the atmosphere, the conversation and to see the guest speaker, the food is almost incidental. I guess that's proved by the fact more than 60 people paid circa 30 quid to eat pig on a factory floor and no one complained, it was in fact complimented by almost everyone - the people enjoyed the speaker and the chatter as well as playing all the games later on.

I haven't doubted that people didn't enjoy Wales, for one second actually and have never once said it was a crap day/weekend out. It's just you're missing out on the money the other side (non enthusiasts/non regs) bring to the plate. Already been said this year was heavily biased towards tournaments.

I not missing any points, didn't care about the food either, we were warned. It's just everyone always brings this point up. That's why I said that's the only whinging I can see. It would be interesting know (and not that it really matters) how much the stalls also pull in from bigger crowds. People that buy a flipper bats/cups/t-shirts for a souvenir for instance that don't even have a machine.

By the way Dave I think you have been misinformed about oz my son lives there. Prices for everything are sky high especially for kids stuff even tho their economy is ****e. And it's crawling with immigrants I think I'd almost go as far to say just as bad as they are here. Just my 2p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom