What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Class of 1812

yep, that would be a good pin for someone on the group to go take a look at, buy, then pass around when he's done with it at cost. i'll be in that, and if there's a few of us we could even plan the route it'd take in advance for minimum distances. each guy fixes up one thing then agrees to sell on at same price without being a dick and adding on petrol costs or rubbers or sleeves costs. it will be just like in the old days when games went 'on route' but it'd be between pinheads' houses instead of between arcades.

if it goes for less than 750 or so, i'm in. you don't see them very often, and whether you like it or hate it, it's certainly unique: no other game that i can think of has a chicken clucking along to the 1812 overture

Last edited:
actually i dunno if i can be ****d to download and watch that thing, all i want is to see what this PP bloke looks like, and have a laugh at his mullet. can someone play it and take a couple of screen grabs for me and put them up here for public ridicule instead please?

actually i dunno if i can be ****d to download and watch that thing, all i want is to see what this PP bloke looks like, and have a laugh at his mullet. can someone play it and take a couple of screen grabs for me and put them up here for public ridicule instead please?
Here you go Dan. Couple of pictures from the show of Steve from PP.

StevePP.png

StevePP2.png

I'd be up for the 'pinballinfo forum machine' idea. We all come together equally to buy a machine, work out time slots for everyone involved, then sell the thing when we want another?

Probably a massive headache in reality, but I like the thought.

I think this was discussed before. Well, something similar. Everybody pays into a pot. The funds are used to buy a few machines (enough for one each) and they are then rotated amongst the members. The upside is that everybody gets to try many different games and isn't continuously forking out big cash. The main downside is the massive headache it would be to arrange it all and keep everybody happy.

Another obstacle, that is no insurmountable, is the requirement to fix and maintain the machine, at your cost, whilst you have it. One person might not feel comfortable doing any work whilst @Steve might do a full re-decal of the cab ;).

Here you go Dan. Couple of pictures from the show of Steve from PP.

View attachment 3802

View attachment 3803

Thanks for doing that, Pete. So this is Steve Reed, the father of Andy that got all the press for being the prize cock? He doesn't look old enough to have grown up kids. in fact, jesus, are those two pictures even of the same bloke? in the top one he looks ten years older. where have i got the name Wayne Reed from then?

if this was CSI we could zoom in on the top picture and keep zooming all the way in and look at closeups of the people in the pictures on the corkboard on the wall over the Alwin.

I was thinking buying new machines. One at a time. Do a few rotations with each one, then sell to the highest bidder to get the next. I think the biggest hurdle would be arranging the times when people got what and how people would get the machine to the next person on the list.

Or, we could build one of these instead:
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

I'd def be up for it.

I think with big jobs like redecaling and expensive stuff it's just a case of everyone who's in on it chips in their share and whoever wants to do that particular job does it. Least that way it's not expensive for each person.

Thanks for doing that, Pete. So this is Steve Reed, the father of Andy that got all the press for being the prize cock? He doesn't look old enough to have grown up kids. in fact, jesus, are those two pictures even of the same bloke? in the top one he looks ten years older. where have i got the name Wayne Reed from then?
I thought that Wayne was Steve's son?

The impression I got was that Steve was always ok, but that Wayne got involved in the business and that's when the shenanagins started. I don't know how true it is but when I contacted Steve about buying his MB about a year ago he said it would be up for sale shortly and he was shifting most of his pins due to ill health. Unfortunately it came up at a point when I just couldn't afford it (which seems to be a recurring theme for me of late).

I think there was a group buy of a machine in the Yahoo group a few years back (before I joined) and I think they failed to keep track of who has it, who chipped in, who was to have it next, etc. :eek: Perhaps someone who was in the yahoo group back then can say..??? :confused:

I think there was a group buy of a machine in the Yahoo group a few years back (before I joined) and I think they failed to keep track of who has it, who chipped in, who was to have it next, etc. :eek: Perhaps someone who was in the yahoo group back then can say..??? :confused:

Wasn't it a SF2 ?? think it got passed around a bit before the logistics/lack of interest took it's toll.

Abaxas was kind enough to go and look at the one on eBay, here are his findings.

Translight good
Pf not to bad usual out hole wear
Missing plastic around the heart and teeth
Few scrapes on back box
No legs
Turns on but he couldn't get any credits on it to play it

I'm not sure what plastic you're expecting around the heart and teeth. Its an open area, and theres just a backboard 'spider-web' type decal as far as i remember.

Back
Top Bottom