What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired Check this auction out in London of arcade machines / pinballs / jukeboxes / etc

Expired Due to no activity

BrianSoton

Site Supporter
Well this is a big haul of pinballs and jukeboxes and signs / etc up for auction in London. 131 lots and some nice classic Bally and Gottlieb pinballs plus others.

Just remember the 30% sales fee to add, bidding starts today 11th 7pm and ends 27th at 7pm. The only difference on this auction is any bids entered within 5 minutes of the end extends the auction until no one else bids👍

Make some space and drain your savings accounts 👍

Upcoming Auctions

bid.criterionauctioneers.com
bid.criterionauctioneers.com

Bloody hell those pins are expensive!
Whats with the Buyer's premium at 22% and Online commission at 3%?

Does that mean you add 25% to the final bid?

If so a Bally 8 Ball Deluxe pinball machine starting bid at £3,600 would cost you £4,500! Are they on drugs?

Bloody hell those pins are expensive!
Whats with the Buyer's premium at 22% and Online commission at 3%?

Does that mean you add 25% to the final bid?

If so a Bally 8 Ball Deluxe pinball machine starting bid at £3,600 would cost you £4,500! Are they on drugs?
Internet surcharge is 3.6% including VAT and buyers premium is 26.4% including VAT. So add 30% to the hammer price to get your final price. So a £3,600k hammer priced machine would be £4,680,

It's hard to imagine they'll even achieve the starting bids for many of these unless the auction hall is full of newbies/morons.

One thing that's great is that the starting bid is often actually higher than the lowest estimated price they've given. So, for example, Cleopatra's estimate is 2,500 - 4,500 GBP, but the opening bid is £2600. WTF?!?

And yes, I suspect they are on drugs o_O

So that’s what happens to your lifelong collection 😳
I may as well sell my lot now then 😝

When no one offers staring bid it will be reduced to get a bid I’m guessing.
Not I’m at the least bit interested

Last edited:
would be more than that if it was Jamie's lot..
its the same junk he owns and sells american and Italian import machines differently not a collector any body can do those auctions you just pay for the hosting and 9 percent on the sale price

I thought ebay premiums were a ripoff but, those buyer premiums are ridiculous unless they're going to deliver, setup and warranty! Hopefully there will be so few buyers, they will get real next time

So that’s what happens to your lifelong collection 😳
I may as well sell my lot now then 😝

When no one offers staring bid it will be reduced to get a bid I’m guessing.
Not I’m at the least bit interested

I thought the whole point of auctions was to start low and find it’s value! Why have they started so high?

I think they must have been smoking some illegal substances to arrive at starting bid valuations like these.........sad thing is someone with more money than sense will pay these sort of prices and wonder why a few years down the line when they try to sell they are offered less than they paid!

I think they must have been smoking some illegal substances to arrive at starting bid valuations like these.........sad thing is someone with more money than sense will pay these sort of prices and wonder why a few years down the line when they try to sell they are offered less than they paid!

or in a really extreme example, less than the 30% auction charges (I've seen it happen before, with books rather than pinball machines).

Internet surcharge is 3.6% including VAT and buyers premium is 26.4% including VAT. So add 30% to the hammer price to get your final price. So a £3,600k hammer priced machine would be £4,680,

It's hard to imagine they'll even achieve the starting bids for many of these unless the auction hall is full of newbies/morons.

One thing that's great is that the starting bid is often actually higher than the lowest estimated price they've given. So, for example, Cleopatra's estimate is 2,500 - 4,500 GBP, but the opening bid is £2600. WTF?!?

Newbies OR morons. No / please. I'm a newb, I don't think I'm a moron.
😄

Reactions: JT.
I've just read the standard terms for sellers as well - that is another 20.4% +£6. So if somethings sells for £100, then that is £56.40 in fees (potentially + some storage fees as well). Of the £130 paid by the buyer, the seller would get at most £73.60 (potentially less if offered in more than 1 auction before selling), or 56.6% of what the buyer has paid - for anything less than £100 its even worse.

I've just read the standard terms for sellers as well - that is another 20.4% +£6. So if somethings sells for £100, then that is £56.40 in fees (potentially + some storage fees as well). Of the £130 paid by the buyer, the seller would get at most £73.60 (potentially less if offered in more than 1 auction before selling), or 56.6% of what the buyer has paid - for anything less than £100 its even worse.
As my TAF would say.....'greed'

I was with Jamie yesterday. Problem is the auction house/vat etc takes up a chunk of the prices. But he is sitting on so much stock.

He just wants to sell a lot of it on 'as-is' - no comeback - no moaning about 'this has a coil missing' or 'this 40 year old machine does not work'..... Which is the main reason why he sells on most of his stuff to the trade and not to the general public.

Most of you here would be running around with a big smile on your face like a dog with two dicks if you saw what he has.

Not going to lie, some is nice - and some is not.

Back
Top Bottom