What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing ROM on bride of pinbot

AlanW74

Registered
Alias
Badders74
Hi all,

can someone advise me where the ROM is located on bride of pinbot? I have a German speaking BOP and want to change it over for the L6 English speaking Rom but need to know where it’s located. Thanks 😊

If you look in the manual, section 2 - 3 it shows the layout of the boards, sound board is the top board. Then look at page 2 - 5 sound roms are U14, U15 and U18 located top right of the board. Speech ROMs are U15 & U18.

Last edited:
I would love to hear that... Ich kan sprechen!

Sound ROMs are at the very top on the sound board, and you'll also likely need to change the game ROM too which is on the CPU board far left, labelled U6.

How can I get my hands on a English speaking ROM for BOP? I can see it’s downloadable from ipdb but it’s getting it on a chip which I have no idea on?

How can I get my hands on a English speaking ROM for BOP? I can see it’s downloadable from ipdb but it’s getting it on a chip which I have no idea on?
Some people can do that for you for a fee. I believe our very own admin Paul can do them.

You would need to set the dipswitches on the cpu board.
If you upgrade to L8 rom, you also need to move jumper W2 to W1 for the larger eprom.

Williams_WPC-CPU_dipswitches.jpg

Yes, Just set the dipswitch at the right country.
The German text is within the rom.
I think dip 1 is turned off when you handled the cpu board.

Last edited:
Yes, Just set the dipswitch at the right country.
The German text is within the rom.
I think dip 1 is turned off when you handled the cpu board.
Sorry for sounding thick but I checked the cpu board behind the back glass and couldn’t find any dipswitches to change?

Do you know where I should be looking?

apologises for the stupid questions but I am new to this. 🙁

Back
Top Bottom