What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central London: Arcade Opening September 1st: Brunswick Centre (Russell Suare Tube)

I was there yesterday about 11am for a few hours. LZ was switched off for some reason. Mainly played Rush again which I am enjoying. I did my high score of 313m about three weeks ago and my second highest score is less than half that! I’m enjoying it although a lot don’t like it I know. Scoring for me is still more by luck than judgement but I am slowly learning the game 😀. Yes Den I’d be up for the occasional tournament early evening at Funland - great venue for me. I also suggest beers while we play 😂😂
Unfortunately I think Funland is a beer free zone, what with it being geared toward kinds and such, but I guess there is a bar a minute away (the Jägermeister sign place?)
I'll put a post up soon; Monday nights are usually good for me, as I work from home that day and so can leave on time and head to Holborn, but I'm flexible. an afternoon at the weekend is also good for me, as long as the Gunners aren't playing.
Glad you enjoyed Vegas! - speak soon

I was there yesterday about 11am for a few hours. LZ was switched off for some reason. Mainly played Rush again which I am enjoying. I did my high score of 313m about three weeks ago and my second highest score is less than half that! I’m enjoying it although a lot don’t like it I know. Scoring for me is still more by luck than judgement but I am slowly learning the game 😀. Yes Den I’d be up for the occasional tournament early evening at Funland - great venue for me. I also suggest beers while we play 😂😂

licensed arcades are not permitted to have alcohol in them and this applies to Funland. some bozo’s tried to drink out of a their brown bags at the weekend and I had have a word, too many alcoholics in our hobby.

LZ was off because I broke the glass on it doh!- up and running now though.

O
Unfortunately I think Funland is a beer free zone, what with it being geared toward kinds and such, but I guess there is a bar a minute away (the Jägermeister sign place?)
I'll put a post up soon; Monday nights are usually good for me, as I work from home that day and so can leave on time and head to Holborn, but I'm flexible. an afternoon at the weekend is also good for me, as long as the Gunners aren't playing.
Glad you enjoyed Vegas! - speak soon
or just nip over to kings cross to Croydon and come to the biggest league on the planet at pinball republic Every thursday and you can BYob!

Also, not strictly the right place I know, but I was lucky enough to go to Pinball Hall of Fame a couple of times last week whilst on holiday in LV. First of all it is a great great place and I loved all 7/8 hours. However, the reason for posting is it highlights to me how good our machines are at Flip Out (Pinball Republic) and even Funland. I was surprised by how many machines in PHoF had problems of one form or another. Great tribute to the team at Pinball Republic

thats down to the bozo that runs it sadly - he won’t let anyone work on his games, couple of times he has but he’s a bit bipolar.

O

or just nip over to kings cross to Croydon and come to the biggest league on the planet at pinball republic Every thursday and you can BYob!
If PR wasn't so far from home, or I had a driving license I'd be there every week, trust me. I think I am gonna make the effort to take part in next month's league though; try and play my games and leave at a reasonable hour, as last time I was having way too much fun and didn't get home until after midnight:)

Anyone heading to Funland Rush has now gone did laugh when he unplugged it and dragged it across the tiled floor to the counter. Managed a game on it as every time I went before it was turned off. He said it was going to a show but the wear on the scoop makes it look 30 years old.

Attachments

• A8530D4B-0A23-4F3F-A24F-3FD2FA93E05F.jpeg
    A8530D4B-0A23-4F3F-A24F-3FD2FA93E05F.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 41
Anyone heading to Funland Rush has now gone did laugh when he unplugged it and dragged it across the tiled floor to the counter. Managed a game on it as every time I went before it was turned off. He said it was going to a show but the wear on the scoop makes it look 30 years old.
I played on it yesterday.

It was a weird experience (generally) because it's the first time I've been to Funland since our Godzilla arrived. I played everything (except Godzilla) a couple of times and recorded my plays on Stern Insider. I ended up wishing I was back home playing Godzilla because JP2 was the only thing that I could remotely see myself wanting to play for more than a few minutes when Godzilla was available.

It's worth mentioning that the difficulty level on the pins is much higher than last time I went. I assume @Neil McRae had re-levelled them for the league. Although I have my FT set up to play like that, it isn't especially appealing to poor pinball players or, in fact, newbies in an 'pay-to-play' arcade because you don't get as much for your money 😟

There was a guy playing at the same time as me, who was - to no one's surprise - much better than I am. I guess it probably livens up on evenings and weekends but, when I go, no one is ever really playing the pins and I'm amazed, as a result, that the Rush scoop is in such a bad state.

Yeah stern will install the new scoop protector (why Waison is in the UK) and its heading to EAG along with Mandalorian and maybe Led Zep. I installed the SIC into both for John on Sunday. It will be back after the show.

Neil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went today with my kids in tow who destroyed my credit playing the VR machines, light gun stuff and many other things without me realising. My quick take on some of the pins-

Beatles- seems fun
Godzilla- felt like a pinball god playing it until the six year old distracted me and started a 4 player game on TMNT and repeatedly scanning the card thingy :confused:
TMNT- proceeded to play this and realised that I am no pinball god.
ST- meh, maybe I’m missing the point. Tons of air balls when hitting the centre drops. Other than hit the demigorgan im not sure what I was meant to do.
JP- tried to start this- credit had been obliterated by other daughter who had scanned the card about 20 times to play Mario Kart.

TMNT- proceeded to play this and realised that I am no pinball god.

Yeah. My entire interest in this pin is that all the ramps/orbits seem to be in the wrong place and I suck at shooting anything.

ST- meh, maybe I’m missing the point. Tons of air balls when hitting the centre drops. Other than hit the demigorgan im not sure what I was meant to do.

It’s basically AFM/MM with more complex code and a different visual aesthetic. So, shoot the demigorgan...

I'm having to go into London for an all day meeting next month which I wasn't too keen on, but I've just had a look and it's just 15 minutes walk from Funland. Maybe it won't be all bad after all 😂

Is Rush going to be coming back or have I missed the chance to try it?

I was due to go today but work out me on some long awaited training so might have to skip it.
@Lecari, let me know when you are going and I can try and pop over. 15 minutes for me as I am near Tottenham Court Road.

Yeah. My entire interest in this pin is that all the ramps/orbits seem to be in the wrong place and I suck at shooting anything.

It’s basically AFM/MM with more complex code and a different visual aesthetic. So, shoot the demigorgan...
Don’t get me wrong- I like how TMNT shot when I eventually DID start hitting the left and right ramps. Spinning disc added a bit of randomness and didn’t throw it down the middle. Found it easier hitting the left ramp and van lock side than the right ramp which was dangerous every time I missed it- I lost the ball.

If I had the money; which I don’t- Godzilla would be my choice- I was smiling away playing it even though the theme does nowt for me. Would also like to have played Mando as it looks like an easier layout for me to get into.

Back
Top Bottom