What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central London: Arcade Opening September 1st: Brunswick Centre (Russell Suare Tube)

No need to get them from Marco, IKEA also sell them. We use them at SWL.

On a different topic, I’m at the Brunswick Arcade waiting for a trike to be serviced and @Neil McRae is right. The pins I’ve tried so far (GZ and LZ) currently play like used socks or, more precisely, like pins from the early 80s that haven’t been dialled in properly.

You send a ball up the playfield, get a coffee and it’s still working its way back to the flippers, richocheting off everything on the way, when you come back…

Finally got round to visiting Fun Land today 👍🏻
Good location and had a good time. As others have experienced, plenty of free games awarded via match or scoring; was great to have loads of credit left after what was in total probably a couple of hours or so of play (put £20 on).
I won't comment on all of the games as no-one cares, but a good selection and Godzilla was a lot of fun; especially on my first few games.
As someone else I think already pointed out, ST badly needs the tilt Bob sorted, as was way too sensitive.
Will defo go again and is good to have the option when I don't fancy the long journey to Croydon.

0332CEE2-AC0D-4918-A2DE-53195FBAF647.jpegA Pi-Bo Wizard went (briefly) to Funland - the pinball machines have now moved into the back and Godzilla is a slightly better game, evidently due to levelling.

We brought our own foldable stool.

I can still recall (I was about 9) when pinball was at the front of the arcade with very early video games and the bandits at the back next to stuff like streets "wheel em in"

Slowly they become relegated to the back row "filler" area.

Then in the 90s boom they were at the front again only to sink to the back and eventaully disappear from most arcades

Spent an hour at Funland today playing Godzilla. Loved the machine even though it was set up a bit shallow. Insider connected didn't work though, I mentioned it to the guy on the counter but he said it's not connected. Also it was on older code.

Ok so updates to Funland:

All games running latest insider connected enabled code:

Rush now online
Jurassic Park now online
Turtles now online
Led Zeppelin now online
Mando Kit installed just waiting for code.

All games updated to latest code, Rush and GZ re-aligned also and play much better than before. So get your Cheevo's and Fun Land is a certified location so 2x on cheevo points!!!

IMG_6040.JPGIMG_6039.JPG
IMG_6036.JPGIMG_6034.JPG

Rush now online
Jurassic Park now online
Turtles now online
Led Zeppelin now online

All games updated to latest code, Rush and GZ re-aligned also and play much better than before. So get your Cheevo's and Fun Land is a certified location so 2x on cheevo points!!!

View attachment 161576View attachment 161577
View attachment 161580View attachment 161581
That's great news as I'm going to a medical appointment tomorrow - so, I might pop in.

Rush now online
Jurassic Park now online
Turtles now online
Led Zeppelin now online

That's great to hear! I still had a lot of fun yeaterday with these machines. The only annoying part is on the godzilla if you hit the lane on the left of the building it goes straight down the middle (my gf kept hitting hit and was very annoyed). Is it how the pin is designed or an alignment issue?

Still trying to get a decent score though, is there a way we can see the leagues or something on the connected app?

That's great to hear! I still had a lot of fun yeaterday with these machines. The only annoying part is on the godzilla if you hit the lane on the left of the building it goes straight down the middle (my gf kept hitting hit and was very annoyed). Is it how the pin is designed or an alignment issue?
It's apparently an infamous problem with Godzilla, but it doesn't seem to affect the Godzilla I've got at home. I can usually catch the balls from the building multi-ball as well (the Prem/LE editions allegedly have a habit of sending all the balls STDM as well).

It should have given you a ball save though?

Neil.
No it doesn't as it really is during the game. It is like going the exact reverse of going through the building. I personally never hit this lane, but my gf consistently does and guess to whom she is complaining :D

When i played it yesterday at Funland it did give a short ball save if you hit the narrow lane to the left of the building.

If anyone fancies getting involved in a little weekly post work get together at Funland possibly with a few beers after, let me know - I'd be happy to keep a spreadsheet going as a bit of a league. Ideally would be head to head play rather than high score.
Wouldn't be ifpa sanctioned or anything and likely have to not clash with pinball republic's Thursday night league. We'd have to pay for our games as no free play, but would be fun for those who live a tube journey away?

Thanks Neil- I’m heading there on Wednesday so will check them out. Nothing worse than putting money into a game for it not to play well

Would probably always be last but id be keen to join and get some advices and good fun!
Thinking about it more, maybe 1 or twice a month might be easier to manage, but I think it'd be a great way for those of us who are fairly local to get together, get the benefit of playing against other people more often and to be able to enjoy a beer after.
I'll create a thread later to gauge interest, but even if there's only a few of us Londoners (or if a week night, people who work in London) getting together to play and have a laugh on a regular basis I think that'd be cool.

Still trying to get a decent score though, is there a way we can see the leagues or something on the connected app?
I noticed that too. I lost two balls at Neil's Strikeout tournament last December with that very shot. I just avoid it like the plague now.

I noticed that too. I lost two balls at Neil's Strikeout tournament last December with that very shot. I just avoid it like the plague now.

Yeah the old code didn't have the ball save, but you must have a dribbler for it to go SDTM at full whack its headed to the flipper.

I was there yesterday about 11am for a few hours. LZ was switched off for some reason. Mainly played Rush again which I am enjoying. I did my high score of 313m about three weeks ago and my second highest score is less than half that! I’m enjoying it although a lot don’t like it I know. Scoring for me is still more by luck than judgement but I am slowly learning the game 😀. Yes Den I’d be up for the occasional tournament early evening at Funland - great venue for me. I also suggest beers while we play 😂😂

Also, not strictly the right place I know, but I was lucky enough to go to Pinball Hall of Fame a couple of times last week whilst on holiday in LV. First of all it is a great great place and I loved all 7/8 hours. However, the reason for posting is it highlights to me how good our machines are at Flip Out (Pinball Republic) and even Funland. I was surprised by how many machines in PHoF had problems of one form or another. Great tribute to the team at Pinball Republic

Back
Top Bottom