What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central London: Arcade Opening September 1st: Brunswick Centre (Russell Suare Tube)

LOL ok, but I'm still not really in agreement.

If you walk up to a game and you are a casual player, you don't know if JP2 or Roadshow are complex or not. So what casual player knows that Miami is the place to start to get big points on roadshow, or what city does what? With JP2 you at least just have to hit the car 3 or four times and you are in multi ball. I think its the non-casual semi hooked pinball player that has the hardest situation, they want to know more about the rules but unless they spend alot of time at flip out or other arcade they can't learn them. Well I was once like that and YouTube is your friend:

Neil.

Could someone please confirm whether its open or not..........

I cant be 100% from what I've been reading and would quite like to visit

Brunswick Centre still says coming soon......

The Funland FEC has had a soft opening there are 6 pins there with Godzilla pro expected at the end of the week.
Cool. That’s great news! 🥰

Do you know whether the opening times are the same as the rest of the Brunswick Centre? I’d like to take my Flipper Beast next weekend.

I went along today, great to see premium pins on location (Mando is the only pro).
The games are set up using a contactless card that can be reloaded. It works out around £1 a game and does get cheaper the more you put on the card.
Godzilla arrived whilst I was there, but they said they were a bit busy to set it up straight away.
Selection of pins is very good, there isn’t a huge amount of other non redemption games to choose from for now. They are still adding games so I’m sure the selection will get better in time.
C111925D-9A2B-4DC0-8083-3DA81F0A85FC.jpeg790BBA8A-5FD3-4EF6-B767-D3B32E85C1F3.jpeg4C4D96A2-CA22-4168-B53F-305A9512A20F.jpeg

London seems to be becoming a mecca for new pinballs with a number of great places to go to play, Such a shame that apart from the odd location around the country, most of us don't have easy access to new pins locally.

Be awesome if over time this changes with new barcades. Seems to be slowly happening but will take ages if it does take off to filter around to most of us. I know those days are long gone but I do pine for the early to mid 90s where every pub you walked into had a pin and moreover pre internet you had the suprise of finding a new game without knowing months in advance what it was going to be.

Didn't you offer to set it up for them @Chris P? Out of the kindness of your heart of course :)
I would have if they let me 😁

I also tried to offer to fix the tilt Bob on ST. It was mega tight, you couldn’t nudge it even a little bit. The guy kindly offered me credits to play something else and said he is too busy to adjust it right now.

It looks like this arcade is run by electrocoin? Good that they've made pinball one of the main attractions 👍

Does anyone know the opening times? They weren’t on the website last time I checked and I want to take my four-year-old son this weekend.

I also went yesterday and put £10.00 on a card which got me 65 points with the bonus (the more you buy, the more bonus points you get). It's 4.8 credits per game (why ?? just call it 5) which worked out for me at £0.76 per game. However, I got at least 8 replays whilst I was there 4 from High scores and 4 from Match (was informed that for now the match is set to give approx 3:1 as a reward for playing).

I took a lot of photos also, but Chris has the exact same ones so will not repost all mine, except whilst I was there I met John from Electrocoin. He's such a nice guy and so keen that Pinball is available to as many as possible. They put Godzilla (Pro) up and let me play it, thanks again guys it made my day :)

John said Godzilla is going out to a press release today, so will be back later and it still needs the card machine adding. The back of the arcade still has work in progress and there so open to feedback on how to make it better. John talked about GnR and will speak to Phil I so so so hope they get to put one in.

I Will be back soon, lets spread the word and support them, as more pinball places are good for all

Ps Can't wait for @Gary Flower to set up the tournaments.

Attachments

• Godzilla1.jpg
    Godzilla1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Coin Mech.jpg
    Coin Mech.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I’m hoping to take my ‘Flipper Beast’ on Friday straight after school. I figured it will be less crowded than the weekend as I don’t want the little chap to get (and spread) COVID-19.

I’m hoping to take my ‘Flipper Beast’ on Friday straight after school. I figured it will be less crowded than the weekend as I don’t want the little chap to get (and spread) COVID-19.
I know it's new but right last night there were maybe 5 - 10 people in there, near the end (20.00 - 21.00) I was about the only one.

I know it's new but right last night there were maybe 5 - 10 people in there, near the end (20.00 - 21.00) I was about the only one.
I think the ‘Flipper Beast’ is too young for a 22:00 bedtime! :)

I was hoping to take him around 16:00 and stay for an hour.

Went today as only 5 mins walk from my hotel I stop in Monday to Friday.

Agree on the pricing but the card system works well.

Played Godzilla was very impressed that pop bumper at bottom of the playfield is brutal. Seems well packed considering it’s a pro. And got high score that won’t last long.

Managed to get some games on Led Zeppelin seems a bit bare but enjoyable.

Love the dinosaur on Jurassic Park and was impressed by Turtles would consider getting a premium or Le.

Attachments

• B67B6F1C-4989-4DFE-9EBD-44F2E55BAD66.jpeg
    B67B6F1C-4989-4DFE-9EBD-44F2E55BAD66.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 11
Husband and I took our Flipper Beast after school. We also got a huge number of replays and some high scores (albeit mainly for modes).

It was mostly primary-school-age kids and their families at the arcade when we were there, but they were all playing the kid-friendly games machines. We had the pinball machines almost entirely to ourselves.

I expected to like JP2 Premium and did, but was surprised how much I liked Godzilla Pro. It’s challenging but interesting, and I definitely preferred it to JP2. The callouts, unfortunately, seemed pretty mediocre - lots of ’shoot the left ramp’ and similarly-tedious stuff.

1BDD029A-127A-4C68-A3F3-9C4ED816F353.jpeg
D71912D8-6526-4AFD-94DC-B9603BF14C84.jpeg
CBD9D1AB-F71A-4D5E-9C13-6B85CC38F3AF.jpeg

I should add incase the arcade owners are reading - PLEASE PLEASE sort out the lack of kiddie pinball stools.

I was told the Flipper Beast wasn’t allowed a stool due to health and safety. Luckily, he is very tall for his age and could play standing on our feet (and he played Mando for a while without standing on anything).

We would have probably spent more if one of us hadn’t needed to stand behind the Flipper Beast lifting him up while he played.

I too went yesterday for the first time and thought it was excellent. I purchased a £50 card which effectively gives you £95 of value and should hopefully last for many visits. This brings cost of a game down (mid day on a Friday at least) to circa 50p and this excludes any free games/replays. Spent 90 mins on Godzilla which I loved (first games ever) and 3 mins on Beatles which imho is truly awful and not my cup of tea at all 😃. Great and helpful staff and the Brunswick Centre is a super place with lots of food options and a great cinema. I will be a regular here for sure. Well worth a visit. All machines looked in great condition and will have a good go at Madalorian next time - if I can get off Godzilla.

I too went yesterday for the first time and thought it was excellent. I purchased a £50 card which effectively gives you £95 of value and should hopefully last for many visits. This brings cost of a game down (mid day on a Friday at least) to circa 50p and this excludes any free games/replays. Spent 90 mins on Godzilla which I loved (first games ever) and 3 mins on Beatles which imho is truly awful and not my cup of tea at all 😃. Great and helpful staff and the Brunswick Centre is a super place with lots of food options and a great cinema. I will be a regular here for sure. Well worth a visit. All machines looked in great condition and will have a good go at Madalorian next time - if I can get off Godzilla.

Yes, it’s a great venue. Great condition machines and brilliant pricing - we had to leave before we ran out of credit! The Brunswick Centre is also very accessible with lots of food options, so good for a pop-in visit whenever I’m in central London 🥰

I played Mando on both visits and it didn’t really do anything for me, unfortunately :confused: I played The Beatles against Gary Flower when I visited before the arcade opened, and again for a few minutes on my second visit. It’s perfectly good, but it is largely a remake of a 1980 Seawitch, and I wouldn’t pay £8k for it when I could buy a Seawitch second hand. Also, everytime I play The Beatles, I just want to play TNA instead - something to do with the ramp-less layout - but TNA is faster and has better music (I’m not a huge Beatles fan).

Went to Gravity again on Thursday and it is extremely hard to spend a lot of money on pinball there. £2 on Mando the whole time as no tilt and replays so low you get one every game. What is even funnier is that the replay on AIQ is about 5M! you practically get a free game for plunging the ball 3 times.

Will try to get to this new arcade, looks good.

Back
Top Bottom