What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Capcom Pinball Magic

Alpha1

Site Supporter
Alias
Alpha1
The game currently has a minor fault where the stage door kick out thinks there's some times a ball in there when there isn't. The mechanism works based on optos. I did use an air can to clean them and that fixed it for about 2 weeks then it came back again. So it needs the optos replacing or checking out. But that requires a strip of the stage.

Good points:
Matt Adams completely stripped the playfield and rebuilt it. Less than 100 plays on it! I have pictures of this work.
Replacement third party ball trough opto boards as the originals are prone to failure
It is the early Pinball Magic machine - pilot? early run? It's the one in the flyer with the silver trim. I've never seen another silver trim model ever.
The CPU board has a new replacement battery backed ram
The CPU board has been refurbished as the CPU socket are sometimes an issue on these. It's got a brand new CPU socket and also a metal clasp that holds it securely.
PinballCenter.eu anti glare translite glass
Complete re-rubbered from the playfield rebuild!

Bad Points:
Rear of the backbox someone (not me) tried to sack truck it through a doorway that's too narrow so there's a bit of damage. The cabinet is in good condition otherwise.
Stage Door issue as mentioned. This will eventually stop working if it fires to many times, and you must reset it.
The backbox lock mechanism is missing
I would replace the drop targets with new ones

General Points:
It has Bally Midway legs - they are a brand new set of legs
It has pincab protectors
No broken plastics
New premium balls for working better with magnets

I put up a valuation thread and i'm looking for £2400.

I will put pictures up in the next 48 hours.

Also available to the buyer at a price to be agreed:

A whole bundle of NOS plastics and stickers
A spare CPU board (with the same refurbishments as the one in the machine)
A NOS (yes never used) Sound PCB with pinball magic roms
2 extra NOS PCBs, DMD power aux and switch matrix.
Some NOS under playfield mechanisms.

LOADS OF PIX HERE! https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuI0HQzz58f5obhZA-WyqhT7zba1pA

Thanks

Last edited:
Don't see many of these? Only 1200 made? Magnetic Magic Wand that carries balls along its length to direct them to various locations. Ball-levitating Stage.
Capcom's TOM? Looks interesting enough on videos on the net

Used to own one of these, it's a really cool game :) The magic wand and levitating ball are awesome toys!

I concur on playfield art not so good but great game. Courtney has gone through mine now including sorting the display so intend to have it side by side with TOM at Revival . Battle of the Magic pins!

I played it too, the soundtrack and callouts are top notch and it was some super cool toys (the levitating ball and wand moving ramp - even the skillshot through the loop is really awesome). I think the only thing it suffers from is how linear the modes are, but if you can look past that it's a really good game. I'd have one over a ToM.

I love Pinball Magic, Breakshot and Airbourne made by Capcom.

The board set in PM is very good. I would throw in a colour DMD as it comes to life!

It is however the hardest machine to workshop - I think 4 layers of plastic towards the back. The otpos can be a bit of a pain but you can get replacements. When a transistor goes you can use Stern mosfets on the driver board with a little bit of 'leg bending' but I think I have only replaced 3 in the three Pinball magic games I have worked on or owned.

Had one about 10 years ago - when it (and all other machines) were worth less. I also did the refurb and playfield swap on Magic Mellows old PM - he sold it on to one of my customers who is a private collector so that will never be sold!

ToM is s great game - but you would need to spend well over £1000 on top of this price to get one.

The theme on PM is a bit 'darker' than ToM. I will actually be playing Steve Brums' PM later tonight!

Oh - and dont get sticking LEDs in it! Doesnt like it!

This is available for sale again as the person that said they wanted it has missed multiple of their own payment milestones.

Get it Dan!
I do like severed hands on the playfield! Lovely artwork on the sides of those!

Back
Top Bottom