What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cactus Canyon remake chat

When do people think we will finally see the le s are we still 6 months away from these coming

When do people think we will finally see the le s are we still 6 months away from these coming

You'll be lucky to see them this side of Xmas...

I think they said being built in October... But it all depends on when they build export models etc... Then a boat ride across the pond... Then a week to unpack and schedule Hadfields deliveries...

No doubt they make a beautiful pin but waiting 2 years for it just beggars belief!
I Just hope all you lucky PF buyers are also as Patient as the CCr ones.

Could be wrong but I thought PH T&Cs only locks the price if you pay in full.
Deposit only then it can fluctuate 🤷‍♂️

I was told at the show they’d be done by October.
Do we have any idea what number in the queue UK orders are on?

Also regarding the 1k deposit orders. When they say price will fluctuate I take it, that's based on the price it was in $ when originally ordered, converted to current exchange rate at time of final payment?

@octamus - On the door subject - Cactus Canyon remake turned up with a 2 slot door on it.

I changed it to a single slot door (so we could use an electronic coin mech) before it went into @Tilt_Birmingham which of course is the only place you can play it.

@Happypin - Like you I said CGC should of released Pulp Fiction at Pinball Expo in October. That way CCrm's could be getting made and a lot of happy customers. I 100% agree with you it is taking the mickey!

@octamus - On the door subject - Cactus Canyon remake turned up with a 2 slot door on it.

I changed it to a single slot door (so we could use an electronic coin mech) before it went into @Tilt_Birmingham which of course is the only place you can play it.

@Happypin - Like you I said CGC should of released Pulp Fiction at Pinball Expo in October. That way CCrm's could be getting made and a lot of happy customers. I 100% agree with you it is taking the mickey!
From a business point of view it was the correct decision to announce it when they did. The sold out of LEs within a day and probably sold a crap load of Special Versions too.

As for the game point of view, everyone appears to love and are raving about it. Plus, they overshadowed every other game released, in probably the strongest release month ever.

I think they nailed it and although they probably should have got the Cactus Canyons out first, in my opinion, it hasn’t harmed them in anyway.

It’s a pretty poor show really people been waiting 2 years and they have only made 400 Le so far so not looking good for this year
Business wise great idea releasing your next game money in the bag with very little outlay but as a consumer who has put money down or paid in full and not yet received his game no so good

It’s a pretty poor show really people been waiting 2 years and they have only made 400 Le so far so not looking good for this year
Business wise great idea releasing your next game money in the bag with very little outlay but as a consumer who has put money down or paid in full and not yet received his game no so good

they had a quality issue on the game from one of their suppliers and they had to find a new supplier that’s why it’s so late and I’d rather they did what they did but they defo need better communications for sure.

In the US they are allowing existing folks waiting for CCRLE to not have to pay the deposit for PF until their CCR ships. PF won’t have the same delays.

Think I posted this earlier but here it is again: - Rules guide:

At TPF last year Butch did an epic seminar on all the changes from Williams CC to CGC CCR and its astonishing the level of detail they went to to remake the game and make it much much better. The wait sucks no doubt but it will be worth it with a super reliable super fun game.

Neil.

no idea. Its the main reason I bought the game though.
Josh mention anything about the rumoured hardware upgrade? Saloon doors have been rumoured and talked about for as long as CCR has been known. There was a tonne of rumours last year about the code coming as well as a hardware upgrade.

From a business point of view it was the correct decision to announce it when they did. The sold out of LEs within a day and probably sold a crap load of Special Versions too.

As for the game point of view, everyone appears to love and are raving about it. Plus, they overshadowed every other game released, in probably the strongest release month ever.

I think they nailed it and although they probably should have got the Cactus Canyons out first, in my opinion, it hasn’t harmed them in anyway.
They would of sold out of PF'LEs whenever it was announced.

Expo Aug 21 is when CC was announced and friends of mine are STILL WAITING April 23.

I bet you will be fuming when you have to wait that long for PF.

Only Stern get games out fast. For that you can not knock them.

Anyone remember when MMr came out and people on this forum were confidently stating that the big boards under the playfields were going to fail quickly? Anyone actually had this happen to them? As a game mines been pretty solid apart from occasionally losing sound when the rom works loose due to playfield vibration.

CGC seem to exist in a parallel universe to the other manufacturers in terms of what was criticised and what they get away with.

It’s like people have forgotten the bull**** sprouted over the poorly printed inserts on MMr and the milk carton “solution”. Ditto the kickers that physically cut into the playfields.

I’m honestly not surprised there’s no communication from them.

There’s a lot to live about their machines but don’t fall into the trap that they are light years ahead of the other manufacturers.

My MMR has had a replacement big board, think it has version 2 in it now. Changed by the original owner under warranty I believe.
Never had an issue myself though.

Surely if cannot be much later than October, given they are starting Pulp Fiction then?

Looks like a very fun game and great theme! I love the original, so cannot wait to play this soon.

Back
Top Bottom