What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cactus Canyon remake chat

I saw the back of the Luton he was working all this week he said. He was stopping at a service station tonight with more deliveries in the morning.

He had quite a few games back there!
Hadfields are MASSIVE.
There will be more than one van delivering pins this week.

@s000m
On the display going blank, the only thing you can check is the controller board for the LCD (well apart from the HDMI cable).

Had two fail before - I managed to repair one but at my workshop as its surface mount. The other one I replaced the whole controller board.

Those LCDs are delicate so be careful.

Just hope it is the supply to the backlight come loose or the LVDS lead come a bit out.

What I would say is the controller board itself is available on Amazon if you look.

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 23.27.25.pngScreenshot 2024-01-09 at 23.27.55.png

It is better than waiting ages for one to come from CGC.

You have to match the inverter board (one on the left). That could be the part gone.

Make sure the jumper pins are set the same.

If you need to spend £20/30 just okay it with Phil Palmer.

If that board does not cure the issue then you will have to get the whole thing changed.

You know where I am. I am the one he sends out to repair these games usually.

Thx @Pick Holder I've raised a ticket with Chicago Games. I'll await what they say before I go stripping any parts but what you've suggested seems logical. It definitely keeps doing it. I've tried to reproduce it manually by moving the cables but no dice.

Doesn't appear to be any readily availiable code updates for the game either.

Me and my bro converted a large Victorian house that he owns in Luton into flats not long before covid, I was helping him out.
There is a B&Q in an outlet type place near by and I was in my van behind a car coming out and a car screamed up and a bloke got out and jumped on the car in front and started smashing the crap out of the windscreen and roof, was quite entertaining😄

I will say Luton isn’t that bad, most towns have some issues. The house was code named bum hole hill though😂

mine arrived today at 12, different hadfields van to scott`s played 6 games with no issues straight from the box, like scott`s the shaker motor bolts need trimming down by about 6mm , very impressed with the topper build and lighting effects are superb

Thx @Pick Holder I've raised a ticket with Chicago Games. I'll await what they say before I go stripping any parts but what you've suggested seems logical. It definitely keeps doing it. I've tried to reproduce it manually by moving the cables but no dice.

Doesn't appear to be any readily availiable code updates for the game either.
@s000m
I have not known CGC to do many software updates. I think MM/AFM/MB had one revision.
They actually test it out!

With the monitor - Turn off machine - then remove the HDMI lead from the display (some go via a DVI-HDMI convertor) - and plug in another monitor Does not matter with size/ratio etc....... Then restart the machine

If the display is stable then it is a screen fault.

Getting to the display board is very easy. I would re-seat cables first. I have no doubt you will get the same advice.

From memory it took AGES to get a screen replacement.

What's the code like on these? Did they sort out & finish the original or is it just as wms left it. CCC is alot to live upto..

I’ve played CCC a few times and it transforms that pin for me. Shame they could not resolve their differences and come to some arrangement.
Let’s hope Lyman managed to do at least most of the revised code before his untimely death. A genius lost! His games will live on in the masterpieces he produced. BM66 & Met are two of my fav of all time this could be equally as good. 🤞

Was bionic bart in the original code that’s has far as I have got so far I’m not the greatest player but I’m really enjoying it

I’ve played CCC a few times and it transforms that pin for me. Shame they could not resolve their differences and come to some arrangement.
Let’s hope Lyman managed to do at least most of the revised code before his untimely death. A genius lost! His games will live on in the masterpieces he produced. BM66 & Met are two of my fav of all time this could be equally as good. 🤞
Yeah, 100% still gutted and upset about this.. Hence why all my software games have a lyman code champion screen included now.

Maybe we'll convert these to CCC anyway, lets see how the updates work out!

Was bionic bart in the original code that’s has far as I have got so far I’m not the greatest player but I’m really enjoying it
Bionic Bart was the original mini wizard mode iirc, so if you've got there already then... unless of course there are more rules now. Hence the ccc comparison qus. I think it counts to the high noon as 1 item

there are some updated code done to it from the originals, iv`e noticed a few things that weren`t there before, the topper is a work of art, no shortcuts in making that :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom