What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cabin convert

DRD

Registered
Having read about a few on the site, I may join the ranks of the cabin owners. My appetite for pinballs exceeds sensible use of space in the house

To my mind, the priorities are

• Big door, or double doors to get games in easily. Double door to vent in summer ?
  • No windows (burglars, heat loss, uv light damage, condensation, draughts, warping, maintenance)
  • Minimum eaves height of 2.1m as I am 1.95m
  • Split aircon unit or some other way of cooling it (floor fan pointed at the open door ?)
  • Kingspan to insulate walls, floor
  • Cheaper fibreglass insulation in the roof
  • Overhanging roof to keep the place dry when doors left open
  • Concrete base, strong floor to take human and pinball weight
  • Storage heater to heat in winter
  • Fuse box inside the cabin with a big supply

When i look at the net, these things all have glass windows, glass doors that i do not want, fancy designs, terraces .....

Has anyone done a diy using raw timber as a starting point, I have all the gear to do this ? Or found a company that will do a custom kit at a sensible price please ?

Thanks

Sorry, also, what depth do you go for ? So that there is enough aisle in the middle to cope with a row of games being played either side of it

Thanks

Jeez you don't want much eh? Joke btw :) I've just had a cabin built, ill stick some pics up when its done

Last edited:
Get one without windows installed, get double glazed units in - Blocks out 98% of the UV, keeps some of the cold out, plus stronger than the wood surrounding it :) Oh and also shove mirror tint on meaning you can see out, however no-one can see in :)

6ft6in eaves height isnt usually a problem if you ask for it - however you have to be careful of planning regs here, since if within 2m of the boundary then you can only go i think 2.4m high...

check here : http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/permission/commonprojects/outbuildings/miniguide

Have known serveral people go here : http://totalsheds.co.uk - these guys have standard sheds, however can usually modify to suit at no or little extra charge (I should be on comission!!) since they manufacture themselves.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom