What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brighton pins - the good the bad and the ugly

Update....

Flintstones in Dead Wax Social.... Fubar again!!!

Switched off with flippers stuck at jaunty angles [emoji23]

I really don't know why they bother with this in there, permanently has issues. Just get it serviced properly once and for all ffs. I offered once, they weren't interested.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
When I last was in Brighton it was exactly the same, just happened to walk past and saw the side of the cab in the window, got all excited and ran in and was very quickly disappointed. I never understand locations with games in a mess like that, such a shame

One can only presume that the cost to get someone to fix it outweighs whatever they're getting in takings. If it was doing big money before it went wrong then they would be incentivised to fix it.

When I last was in Brighton it was exactly the same, just happened to walk past and saw the side of the cab in the window, got all excited and ran in and was very quickly disappointed. I never understand locations with games in a mess like that, such a shame
Yep. Waste of time.

Shame as its a good spot for a pin - perfect little nook.

Being a vinyl / music centric bar though they really should have a music themed pin in there.

I'm sure most of the youngish clientele have little idea who or what The Flintstones is [emoji23]

Yep. Waste of time.

Shame as its a good spot for a pin - perfect little nook.

Being a vinyl / music centric bar though they really should have a music themed pin in there.

I'm sure most of the youngish clientele have little idea who or what The Flintstones is [emoji23]

Thanks for asking me feel not so young 😂

Mmmm.....
Good to see them in the wild though.
Pretty sure I seen an AC/DC In a motorcycle shop driving past Westgate road Newcastle Upon Tyne.. not a rare Bon Scott though 😂

Afternoon, just searched Brighton and found this thread! Reason being, wife and I are heading that way in the next couple of weeks. Looking to see if any pins are operating in any arcades / bars etc. Found this thread and thought it best to tack onto this to keep the search in one place.
Anyone from around that way / half recently visited, able to confirm what’s about?
Worst case it will be a pinball free weekend for a change! 🤣

Last edited:
There are a few guys from that area with some great collections, think that will be your best bet for some pin playing.

Afternoon, just searched Brighton and found this thread! Reason being, wife and I are heading that way in the next couple of weeks. Looking to see if any pins are operating in any arcades / bars etc. Found this thread and thought it best to tack onto this to keep the search in one place.
Anyone from around that way / half recently visited, able to confirm what’s about?
Worst case it will be a pinball free weekend for a change! 🤣

I think most have gone now. The Pipeline had a TZ and ACDC but I remember the TZ being sold on this forum last year and the ACDC might be the one that ended up in the barbershop as I remember the back glass art being different

View attachment 138826Just to follow up - I found these on Brighton Pier yesterday. Couple of games of SW then couple of games on LZ...then went back and stayed on SW until £1 coins ran out 😄

Brilliant - I'll be down there this week to check out the Zep ! Slightly odd choice for a family pier but hey .... SW for the kids, LZ for the grandpas !

This is really good news - there haven't been pins on the pier for oh at least 15 years, maybe more. The last one I remember was a Sega Frankenstein in the top arcade bit . Another sign of pinballs resurgence hopefully :thumbs:

Ni
Brilliant - I'll be down there this week to check out the Zep ! Slightly odd choice for a family pier but hey .... SW for the kids, LZ for the grandpas !

This is really good news - there haven't been pins on the pier for oh at least 15 years, maybe more. The last one I remember was a Sega Frankenstein in the top arcade bit . Another sign of pinballs resurgence hopefully :thumbs:
Nice one! Let me know if you take me off the 3rd place score on SW 😜
Yeah it was great to find a couple of games on location that I hadn’t played before. Would love to see more dotted about.
I hope the weather is good for you next week.

Ni

Nice one! Let me know if you take me off the 3rd place score on SW 😜
Yeah it was great to find a couple of games on location that I hadn’t played before. Would love to see more dotted about.
I hope the weather is good for you next week.

Will do ....but I'll prob be dropping coin in LZ as I've played SW a bit - and didn't really get on with it.

Weather looks better from mid week ....I only live a couple miles bike ride from the pier anyway :thumbs:

Enjoyed Zep but boy is that Pro one barren playfield- 3 ramps but literally no toys or mechs beyond the usual.

It shoots nicely , seemed very bouncy . Top flipper shot feels pointless and maybe it was this machine but I had quite a few balls fly off the right rail from the 180 ramp and fly over the flippers/lanes and drain !! Got to the point where I was avoiding that shot . Is this a known issue I wonder.

Lighting and effects a bit underwhelming - but then this was a bright arcade and I’ve been playing Stranger Things with UV kit all week ....which is on another level of lighting and immersion.

Rules easy enough to pick up and seem decent. Overall I liked it , seemed decent enough but there is little ‘wow’ to blow you away.

Was all factory high scores and crazy low replay - result being my £2 got me about a dozen games as I was getting replays near every time 😂 Got the GC and left credit on it after an hour.

Was novel playing a pay to play game in the wild again.

CD5C8E4B-F2C5-4D05-9D0E-2E08C758C3CA.jpeg

Enjoyed Zep but boy is that Pro one barren playfield- 3 ramps but literally no toys or mechs beyond the usual.

It shoots nicely , seemed very bouncy . Top flipper shot feels pointless and maybe it was this machine but I had quite a few balls fly off the right rail from the 180 ramp and fly over the flippers/lanes and drain !! Got to the point where I was avoiding that shot . Is this a known issue I wonder.

Lighting and effects a bit underwhelming - but then this was a bright arcade and I’ve been playing Stranger Things with UV kit all week ....which is on another level of lighting and immersion.

Rules easy enough to pick up and seem decent. Overall I liked it , seemed decent enough but there is little ‘wow’ to blow you away.

Was all factory high scores and crazy low replay - result being my £2 got me about a dozen games as I was getting replays near every time 😂 Got the GC and left credit on it after an hour.

Was novel playing a pay to play game in the wild again.

View attachment 139261
Yeah! I thought the same. Pretty sparse and drained loads. Did you get a few games on SW?

Just played the Led Zep on the pier, every shot to the right ramp is a lost ball as it jumps off the rail into the drain. Very sparce playfield, but unique layout at least.

Did you see what code is running on it?

the flying off the rail must be something unique to that game as not seen any posts about that on pinside but what a ****show in that place as they will never fix it.

LZ is designed to be a tournament game from the ground up, its very focused on combos hence no pointless drivel on the playfield :D although someone took the zeppelin apart and it was clear this was going to be some sort of physical ball lock but they gave up by the looks of it - anyway, you combo and bank your combo on LED, ZEP, ROCK or BALLSAVE or you can hit the button and it will bank the combo on the lowest score of the 4 banks; that grows the flowers that are the four symbols representing the band members; once you start a mode off the right saucer and then when you get into multi-ball icarus at the top lights; hitting it gives you a a*b*c*d multiplier for 20 seconds (unless you hit the side ramp which increases the time) and in multiball hitting a couple of jackpots can be massive ; here are some shots from a game Colin MacAlpine had last week. The colours start yellow to orange to green to blue to purple to red - red is huge; you cultivate your "garden". Its hard because if icarus lights you don't want to hit it this is where shot accuracy is important. This game is going to be epic in tournaments.

colcolours.jpgxolgc.jpgcolx.jpgcolbutton.jpg

Just played the Led Zep on the pier, every shot to the right ramp is a lost ball as it jumps off the rail into the drain. Very sparce playfield, but unique layout at least.
I didn’t lose every shot to it but enough that I did end up avoiding it. the faster the shot the more likely it was to fly off. A few times I gave it a good nudge as it came down the rail and that seemed to help . Tilt was very forgiving on that game.
Regardless though something isn’t right. Game seemed level. I wonder if that rail is slightly bent or mounted incorrectly.

Last time I was in brighton they had SW and JP on the pier in that same spot, neither of them were accepting coins and when I told staff neither of the pins were taking coins they just said "oh sorry" so I gave up. Nice to see they seem to be keeping up with modern releases though, even if Zepp looks like a barren waste of wood 😂

Last time I was in brighton they had SW and JP on the pier in that same spot, neither of them were accepting coins and when I told staff neither of the pins were taking coins they just said "oh sorry" so I gave up. Nice to see they seem to be keeping up with modern releases though, even if Zepp looks like a barren waste of wood 😂
Ah interesting- I didn’t know they had pins recently. Shows how often I look in the pier arcade 😀

Ah interesting- I didn’t know they had pins recently. Shows how often I look in the pier arcade 😀
It was probably close to 2 years ago now when I was last there.... I cant quite remember but it definitely wasn't last year haha

Well it’s an epic game full stop! Add a few plastic trees and a dinosaur that falls off during multiball and it’ll just be like JP2.

If you can only score 4K on it you might want to try not double flipping or taking off your blindfold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom