What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brighton pins - the good the bad and the ugly

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
Saw all sides of site pins in the last couple days ....

Last night the South Coast Crew used a service call on @Will ' s Ghostbusters as an excuse for a Thurs pub crawl ;)

The Good
GB is in The Park Crescent pub . The locals there are mad for it - it's fair to say this game gets *hammered* ...so many plays :D Even after a year+ still doing well. Gave it a good clean, the flippers were getting tired, plungers were mushrooming, coil stops shagged. Replaced all those and they are smooth and snappy now. Great to see a pin doing so well.:D

DSC_0025.JPG
^^^ Will letting Matt clean the machine so as not to soil his delicate little girls hands

The Bad
Moved on to The North Laine Brewhouse just down the road where they had a Bally Harley Davidson. Well they did ..... now replaced by a 'comedy' photo booth ffs :( Asked the bar person ...pinball was never played apparently ??? Shame - as its a huge craft brewpub , attracts a good crowd and could easily have 3 or 4 pins if someone wanted. Oh well.

The Ugly #1
On to The White Rabbit to check out the DE Batman. Oh dear. Firstly someone has done the worlds worst LED makeover on it - all purples and blues, really dark ...looks fecking terrible. Another LED nightmare. Just stop it people.
Fired it up ....oh dear again ....display out, struggling to serve a ball .... we abandoned it. :(

I think @Matt might have a picture of it. The horror.

The Ugly #2
Earlier in the week I was in Dead Wax Social. The Flintstones in there is in a sorry old state. And is now switched off - Out Of Order.

So 1 out of 4 ....... not great is it :rolleyes: Usual story of 'neglected pins/nobody plays/remove them' operator madness.

^^^ Will letting Matt clean the machine so as not to soil his delicate little girls hands

Heh...

Surprised on the 'not being played' one.... could have been broken/unplayable I suppose.

+1 on the LED's... make me want to hurl sometimes. GI should be left alone.

I think The Pipleine and C:\Sidequest in Brighton have pins? :)

Yep - Thomas @ The Pipeline has TZ and ACDC.

Ah yeah I haven't been in C:\Sidequest yet ......its a gaming cafe/bar right ? Will check it out and add to Pinformer if so.

http://www.pinformer.co.uk/find.pl?...rchtown.y=1&searchtown=Search&machine_id=1549

EDIT - Just checked Sidequest Facebook page - looks like a Harley Davidson pictured at the launch party. I wonder if this was the one removed from North Laine. Seems a coincidence.

Interestingly it's virtually on the site of the sadly missed Aladdins Arcade - when I first moved down to Brighton in 2000 , local pinball legend Dave Roberts used to site 6 or 7 pins in there :thumbs:..... it closed in the late 00's :( The TAF is now in the GrizZ Shack :thumbs:

https://www.pinballnews.com/sites/brighton/index.html

aladdin.jpg

aladdinpin.jpg

Yeah it's by the people who own and run Loading Bar in London. Should have some good themed video game related drinks there, boardgames and the HD pin :)

One question which one of you three shandy drinkers are the 'Good' the 'Bad' and the 'Ugly' ?
I have Ive as ........
Will as........... and
Matt as .............
Won' tell what I think as yet will wait for the Southern boys answers first.

Hahaha my little girl hands are not fit for for such tasks and I need to keep them in pristine condition:)

I messaged that owner of the batman and told him he owes me a quid ;)

Yeah it's by the people who own and run Loading Bar in London. Should have some good themed video game related drinks there, boardgames and the HD pin :)

Popped in there at lunchtime for a beer :)

It's a nice setup, right on the beach. Yep - they have a ton of board games you can play. A VR area. Several tables with big screen gaming. Couple of arcade cabs ...a shooter I think and something else ...I actually didn't really look at them :oops: At least one 60 in 1 cocktail table.

And yes a Bally Harley Davidson. I think this is the one that was recently removed from North Laine Brewhouse.

It's the same operator as the ropey Batman in The White Rabbit. And unfortunately that means the same HORRENDOUS LED makeover ... ugly as hell and makes the playfield really dark. Mental :tut: The coin mech is iffy too, wouldn't accept pound coins :tut: Not impressed by this operator.

'A Fistfull of Travelers Cheques' - classic.

" you want soft toilet paper you go to hotel bastardos. This hotel gay boy"

Good old Rik Mayall.

^^^
I don't get the reference, but doesn't Hotel Gayboy have the soft toilet paper:hmm:

yes!!!! ha ha. It's the other way round. Memory not what it used to be. Will have to watch it again.

" you want soft toilet paper you go to hotel gay boy. This hotel bastardos"

:cuckoo:

Saw all sides of site pins in the last couple days ....

Last night the South Coast Crew used a service call on @Will ' s Ghostbusters as an excuse for a Thurs pub crawl ;)

The Good
GB is in The Park Crescent pub . The locals there are mad for it - it's fair to say this game gets *hammered* ...so many plays :D Even after a year+ still doing well. Gave it a good clean, the flippers were getting tired, plungers were mushrooming, coil stops shagged. Replaced all those and they are smooth and snappy now. Great to see a pin doing so well.:D

View attachment 58560

The Bad
Moved on to The North Laine Brewhouse just down the road where they had a Bally Harley Davidson. Well they did ..... now replaced by a 'comedy' photo booth ffs :( Asked the bar person ...pinball was never played apparently ??? Shame - as its a huge craft brewpub , attracts a good crowd and could easily have 3 or 4 pins if someone wanted. Oh well.

The Ugly #1
On to The White Rabbit to check out the DE Batman. Oh dear. Firstly someone has done the worlds worst LED makeover on it - all purples and blues, really dark ...looks fecking terrible. Another LED nightmare. Just stop it people.
Fired it up ....oh dear again ....display out, struggling to serve a ball .... we abandoned it. :(

I think @Matt might have a picture of it. The horror.

The Ugly #2
Earlier in the week I was in Dead Wax Social. The Flintstones in there is in a sorry old state. And is now switched off - Out Of Order.

So 1 out of 4 ....... not great is it :rolleyes: Usual story of 'neglected pins/nobody plays/remove them' operator madness.

They must of taken your criticism to heart... this just turned up on eBay ?BED60C55-7BC5-4E5D-94A2-A569F3273792.png

Brighton updates....

1. Popped into the Arcade at beach level just to the west of the Pier for the first time this season.

Spiderman - Found it sitting mid game with 2 credits [emoji3] A good start - half expected it to have some major issue. But no, it's a little dirty but seemed to be playing well enough. I really enjoyed it. Oddly a game I have never warmed to in the past but might look out for one.

TAF - Oh dear. This poor old neglected girl has been there forever. Honestly looks like last time it was serviced would have been around 1993 [emoji23]

So dirty. Rubbers are dried ancient crumbling to dust. Playfield battered . Bookcase massive crack. Plastics broken hanging off. Electric chair hanging off.DMD is a mess with missing lines, garbage. So dark with a handful of lamps still working. It's really realky sad looking.

It seriously can't take money. Been like that for years. I believe several people have approached the arcade about it but they arent interested in either servicing or selling it.

2. Park Crescent Pub - Star Wars Pro.... this is coming out imminently to be replaced by ????..... watch this space [emoji3]

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Brighton updates....

1. Popped into the Arcade at beach level just to the west of the Pier for the first time this season.

Spiderman - Found it sitting mid game with 2 credits [emoji3] A good start - half expected it to have some major issue. But no, it's a little dirty but seemed to be playing well enough. I really enjoyed it. Oddly a game I have never warmed to in the past but might look out for one.

TAF - Oh dear. This poor old neglected girl has been there forever. Honestly looks like last time it was serviced would have been around 1993 [emoji23]

So dirty. Rubbers are dried ancient crumbling to dust. Playfield battered . Bookcase massive crack. Plastics broken hanging off. Electric chair hanging off.DMD is a mess with missing lines, garbage. So dark with a handful of lamps still working. It's really realky sad looking.
I was in Brighton yesterday and actually gave that TAF a go and honestly it was a lot better than my most local one in Southend. Thing didn't grab the ball at any point which seemed to confuse the game quite a lot and 2 balls ended for absolutely no reason while I was playing. Managed to get 6 free games because the replay score was so low and then matched twice 😂 ended up walking away - it's bad and unloved, but plays better than the one I'm used to playing

I was in Brighton yesterday and actually gave that TAF a go and honestly it was a lot better than my most local one in Southend. Thing didn't grab the ball at any point which seemed to confuse the game quite a lot and 2 balls ended for absolutely no reason while I was playing. Managed to get 6 free games because the replay score was so low and then matched twice 😂 ended up walking away - it's bad and unloved, but plays better than the one I'm used to playing

You picked a rainy day for the seaside ! Should have given me a shout - GrizZ Shack always open to visitors :thumbs:

You picked a rainy day for the seaside ! Should have given me a shout - GrizZ Shack always open to visitors :thumbs:
It wasn't too bad late afternoon but yeah, the morning sucked. Haha I would have loved to come to the Shack but I don't think my partner would of been too impressed 😂

Update

Popped my head in last night and C:\ Side Quest the gaming cafe/bar on the beach has now changed its name to the more user friendly Loading.

They have had a little change around inside and the Harley Davidson is out, and Streetfighter 2 is in.

Oddly you are never far from a SF2 in Brighton. Worlds End has one also, and the King And Queen did have one but haven't checked on it recently.

Does any town really need 3 SF2 on site?? [emoji848] [emoji23]

Last edited:
Update....

Flintstones in Dead Wax Social.... Fubar again!!!

Switched off with flippers stuck at jaunty angles [emoji23]

I really don't know why they bother with this in there, permanently has issues. Just get it serviced properly once and for all ffs. I offered once, they weren't interested.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom