What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brighton pins - the good the bad and the ugly

Hi
i spend quite a bit of time in Brighton and would like to try LZ. Can you tell me exactly which arcade these games are in - in relation to the pier? I had a quick scan for tables in Bright on some time ago and generally, as this thread indicates, sadly they are underwhelming and poorly serviced but these two appear better (on the whole). Location anyone? - thanks in advance

Are the ones at the back of the pier the only pins about at the moment?
Heading down there today

Also Spiderman in the arcade at beach level just to the west of the pier

It was a fun game with friends but the upper flipper alignment is nearly 1inch out 😂
Replay score at 19.8mil meant multiple free games but still no decent scores.

The games on the pier, LZ still has your mark! Not a bad game.
I played SW at Mannings in Felixstowe and it played so much better than the one in Brighton. The one on the pier kept instant draining after an auto launch, plus the fact the one way gate on the shooter was missing meant the ball ended up back in the shooter lane and auto launching a lot😭

My gf got 400mil+ on SW in Felixstowe but we couldn't get near even half that on the Brighton pin.

I guess I've avoided pins in the wild since owning my own so realising they aren't as loved as quite is a hard pill to swallow 😔

Avengers infinity quest safely installed at the most awesome of boozers "
The park crescent "
Cheers @CHRIS B PINBALLS really lovely looking pin , @Matt Vince for bringing it down from pinfest.
If your ever around there is always a friendly welcome at the pub and lee the landlord is a mad pinhead he loves pinball.
Myself and @Sgt GrizZ are hoping to get down and give it a proper go , first impressions seem really good .. Elwin is definitely the man at the moment

Attachments

• D62EA97E-7D8E-426F-876E-4822A774042E.jpeg
    D62EA97E-7D8E-426F-876E-4822A774042E.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 74
  • FB06264D-5907-41CE-BA0A-7B033FF2191D.jpeg
    FB06264D-5907-41CE-BA0A-7B033FF2191D.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 76
The park crescent "
Cheers @CHRIS B PINBALLS really lovely looking pin , @Matt Vince for bringing it down from pinfest.
If your ever around there is always a friendly welcome at the pub and lee the landlord is a mad pinhead he loves pinball.
Myself and @Sgt GrizZ are hoping to get down and give it a proper go , first impressions seem really good .. Elwin is definitely the man at the moment
Love the look on the face of @Sgt GrizZ wondering what the hell is going on...! :rofl:

The park crescent "

Removed AIQ today as sadly the pub is changing hands .
The local pinheads not gonna be happy 😕

Popped down the pier today to check out Rush ! It’s now joined Zep and Star Wars.
I thoroughly enjoyed it - I liked the layout, lots of combos. The SDTM out of the Mystery scoop got a bit tiresome but at least it ball saves it.

I could even live with the music though wasn’t that loud, and it’s sat next door to a very loud Guitar Hero machine which gets a lot of use - so most of my games were soundtracked by Scorpions ‘Rock You Like A Hurricane’ 😁

There was a nice light effect on one mode - the Owl thingy or something, all the GI drops out , would look good in dark light setting.

All in all I enjoyed it much more than my first games on Zep.

Good to see all 3 pins being played.

£2 for 3 credits - that’s all I needed as with low replay value I had about 10 games ✊ I even left a couple credits on it ….. oh and the Grand Champ score 😎
531F6BE5-F795-4B09-A906-A13169465644.png
4426609B-E82F-46B4-BEF9-A6D53E217347.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh if you are heading to pier - remember cash (I rarely have any on me these days) as the cash point on there will want to rob you £2 for the privilege . I refused and had to pop to nearest bank cash point.
Some of the Change machines will let you do contactless but it’s a £20 minimum.

Beautiful day here on Planet Brighton so took a ride down to the pier pins for first time this year.

99119406-DD1F-4434-ADF5-E27777FF5E72.jpeg
Pleased to see I was still GC on Rush 😁 The other scores had reset since I last played it so I promptly grabbed the next highest . Boom . That’s how I roll.

3B75FA87-139C-425A-8593-E1D02395F0C7.jpeg

Also highest on couple modes
C3237426-BCA0-465F-AE8B-6F2CE47B2114.jpeg

ECEEA95E-E067-42B4-AFD1-7CB7B36A8EA5.jpeg

The replay is stupidly low so £2 got me about 10 games 😂
It’s looking a bit dirty now , upper flipper a bit weak but hanging in there.

Didn’t play Zep today - also very dirty now. Had 1 game on Star Wars as it had a credit left in it. Seemed ok , very dark maybe some GI out 🤷‍♂️

As I was down the beach had quick recon of the other pin sites. Didn’t play them - couldn’t be bothered 😂

Loading cafe/bar has Gottlieb Street Fighter 2.
The Amusement arcade just to west of the pier still has filthy dirty Spider-Man . And some horrible looking pretend Street Fighter cab. What is with Street Fighter down here ?!?

9E2CD8E0-6BA1-49CC-90C3-0AFA82871A29.jpeg

Attachments

• E6E8C088-43CB-477C-B0A7-1BD6CCC3E39D.jpeg
    E6E8C088-43CB-477C-B0A7-1BD6CCC3E39D.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 7
Got to play James Bond on the pier yesterday

Popped down the pier at the weekend.
Yep Bond Pro is in and Led Zep has gone. Rush and Star Wars Pro the other two.
My first look at Bond. Wasn’t overly impressed tbh . Stripped back with only the wobbly rocket adding physical ‘excitement’ .No ball lock, not even briefly holding it is disappointing.
Layout felt pretty good though the diver area below the upper flipper just seemed odd to me 🤷‍♀️
Still don’t understand why the translite doesn’t have the 007 logo or the Bond name on it ? Bond still a big franchise but Dr. No is ancient history to anyone not in their 50s. I suppose the screen does it a bit, and logo is on back box sides and front panel but even so.
With the vintage clips it all just looked like …. old man game 😂

Popped onto the pier last night - the Rush is fast approaching ‘ugly’ category sadly . Absolutely filthy black playfield now , the scoop hole is really battered and worn too. Had a quick flip on it as someone had just left a game running. Right flipper felt quite weak.
Clearly gets played a lot but in real need of some tlc.

Lineup is still Rush, Bond and Star Wars. Was hoping a Foos might appear .

Popped onto the pier last night - the Rush is fast approaching ‘ugly’ category sadly . Absolutely filthy black playfield now , the scoop hole is really battered and worn too. Had a quick flip on it as someone had just left a game running. Right flipper felt quite weak.
Clearly gets played a lot but in real need of some tlc.

Lineup is still Rush, Bond and Star Wars. Was hoping a Foos might appear .

This is what worries me now we're seeing pinball returning to arcades. Both my local seaside piers have modern sterns now, the first time Pinball has been sited in these locations since the early 2000s.

But I believe they will suffer the fate of Rush. It's as if who sites them doesn't realise pinball requires maintenance and cleaning. If they're dirty and not fun to play how will they earn?

This is what worries me now we're seeing pinball returning to arcades. Both my local seaside piers have modern sterns now, the first time Pinball has been sited in these locations since the early 2000s.

But I believe they will suffer the fate of Rush. It's as if who sites them doesn't realise pinball requires maintenance and cleaning. If they're dirty and not fun to play how will they earn?
You should see the ones on the pier at Weston-Super-Mare!

All three filthy and broken, such a shame!

I was in Brighton this weekend and always stop by the pier to see what games they have, noticed a decline in all of their machines to be honest m, not just the pins. Seems like most of their stuff is broken or has issues which is a shame. Looked at all 3 pins and carried on walking to the log flume 😂

I was in Brighton this weekend and always stop by the pier to see what games they have, noticed a decline in all of their machines to be honest m, not just the pins. Seems like most of their stuff is broken or has issues which is a shame. Looked at all 3 pins and carried on walking to the log flume 😂
Agreed. On the funfair side of things they have removed the tall spinning pod ride . The Mighty Mouse is looking in a very tired state - it has got scaffolding up around it. The Turbo Coaster was not running on Saturday . And all the rides stop at 6pm !?! Wtf.
All this in the peak summer visitor time . I think something is going badly wrong. Horatios bar at the end is more and more like Spoons on Sea. Sadly the whole place needs a revamp and upgrade/improving - which to be fair applies to the entire country.

Agreed. On the funfair side of things they have removed the tall spinning pod ride . The Mighty Mouse is looking in a very tired state - it has got scaffolding up around it. The Turbo Coaster was not running on Saturday . And all the rides stop at 6pm !?! Wtf.
All this in the peak summer visitor time . I think something is going badly wrong. Horatios bar at the end is more and more like Spoons on Sea. Sadly the whole place needs a revamp and upgrade/improving - which to be fair applies to the entire country.
I did notice the scaffolding around the Mouse coaster, couldn't believe people were actually still going on it 😂 I love Brighton and always try to visit at least once a year, totally agree though with each visit it seems like the pier is getting sadder and sadder

I did notice the scaffolding around the Mouse coaster, couldn't believe people were actually still going on it 😂 I love Brighton and always try to visit at least once a year, totally agree though with each visit it seems like the pier is getting sadder and sadder
The rides are also too expensive. The Horror Hotel Ghost Train is a fiver a ticket. So mum dad and 2 kids ….. £20 for a few minutes ride 🙄

Back
Top Bottom