What's new

Bram Stokers Dracula - The now sorta shop log.

Thanks I'm in two minds to fix what I have vs. decal. Did you ever remove the playfield, was it hard?
My decals were not too bad except the faded red so it was a no brainer to try touch ups 1st. Doing a redecal is a big job worth trying touch up first would be my advice.

I've not removed this playfield but it's not as bad as it may seem, drop the pin to the floor and you can lift it out without too much trouble, get an extra pair of hands if you can.

My decals were not too bad except the faded red so it was a no brainer to try touch ups 1st. Doing a redecal is a big job worth trying touch up first would be my advice.

I've not removed this playfield but it's not as bad as it may seem, drop the pin to the floor and you can lift it out without too much trouble, get an extra pair of hands if you can.
Yeah existing decal is OK but someone used a red Sharpie for the faded letters and it's ugly as f.

I was thinking a complete re-theme.

I already have the Translite.

bram-stokers-dracula-crate-alternate-pinball-cabinet-decals-flipper-side-art.jpg

Think I've sussed why balls fall off the castle lock ramp. Since my left plastic ramp which I'll refer to as the coffin exit ramp is missing a hex post it sits lower than it should and is pushing the ball off. I'll be able to test my theory when the post arrives.

Tomorrow I put on the 3 targets and metal protector for the mystery hole. Yay that another 3 hours I bet. 🤣

Yeah existing decal is OK but someone used a red Sharpie for the faded letters and it's ugly as f.

I was thinking a complete re-theme.

I already have the Translite.

View attachment 155870
I'm not a fan of the re-themed artwork and if I were looking to buy another in the future I'd definitely not be interested in anything non-standard. Obviously others will disagree but I think it's definitely going to limit the appeal if you come to sell it on.

So think i've found out why the VUK spins the ball causing it to fly out of the slingshot lane...

PXL_20211230_094822121.jpg

New slingshot arms in left one was on its way out too.
PXL_20220105_200653583.jpg

Pretty easy to assemble. Recommend doing only the parts you need to save a few bob.
PXL_20220105_173106398.jpg

Replaced the armature look at the mushroom on the old black!

PXL_20220105_181007179.jpg

PXL_20220105_181008514.jpg

I'm still getting grief from balls flying off the castle lock ramp... I just can't figure it out.

😔

can you shoot the video in slow motion? it looks like its catching on the cross support on the rail just before the 90ish degree bend and the ball has air as it comes round the corner but a slow mo will confirm this. check the rail for any burrs. have you tried completely removing it and reinstalling it making sure there is no binding?

The fail was a lot faster.
For sure its speed related. If I make the shot cleanly it whips up the ramp at some serious speed which guarantee's a ramp fail if the diverter kicks in.

If I clip a post as it goes up it reduces the velocity and ends up making the bend.

I went to go see Jagman's BSD pin and his Flippers aren't nearly as snappy could be just an age thing or something to do with the pitch but his balls feel like 75% of the speed of mine.

I had the pitch all the way up to 6.8 at one point but didn't make a difference.

I also have an issue with right inlane exit ramp where it will hop over the top sometimes again due to ball velocity.

Cheers,

Scott

The ball is in the air long before it falls of the rail, it looks like its catching on something at that point I've highlighted, or it could be the rail is slightly deformed (hard to see in the high resolution ;)). Its a power issue only because its catching on something or something is interfering with the ball, that needs sorting.

Screenshot 2022-01-06 at 09.31.24.png

I had an over power issue on WCS where the flippers and other stuff was too powerful, I had balls flying off the ramp into the backboard.
Someone had changed the input voltage settings to a lower voltage to get one of the vuk’s to work.
Think it was set to 200v or something, put it right and everything calmed down but the ball trough was struggling along with a vuk.
Fixed all the issues that someone had covered up.
Maybe check the jumpers for the voltage setting or read the voltage at the coils, mine were nearly 100v I think when should be 70’s.

I had an over power issue on WCS where the flippers and other stuff was too powerful, I had balls flying off the ramp into the backboard.
Someone had changed the input voltage settings to a lower voltage to get one of the vuk’s to work.
Think it was set to 200v or something, put it right and everything calmed down but the ball trough was struggling along with a vuk.
Fixed all the issues that someone had covered up.
Maybe check the jumpers for the voltage setting or read the voltage at the coils, mine were nearly 100v I think when should be 70’s.
Definitely want to try this. How and where do I check this?

I went to go see Jagman's BSD pin and his Flippers aren't nearly as snappy could be just an age thing or something to do with the pitch but his balls feel like 75% of the speed of mine.
I replaced both coils on mine and didn't get any problems, probably more likely the ramp.

Are u missing a switch just as the ball enters the wireform difficult to see, that would take some speed out of the ball? Maybe it needs a little adjusting if its present.

Back
Top Bottom