What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Black Knight 2000

JMP

Site Supporter
Looking out for one of these. Let me know if interested in selling.

I'm in NW but can travel to pickup etc. Ta.

Hi we have a black knight 2000
In good working order
We are over in Keighley West Yorkshire if your interested ,
Adam 07846703836
Or if you have any selling info for us we would appreciate any help.

Hi we have a black knight 2000
In good working order
We are over in Keighley West Yorkshire if your interested ,
Adam 07846703836
Or if you have any selling info for us we would appreciate any help.

Hi Adam, conversation refers. I'll pm over my details too. Cheers.

My interest has resurged after looking at one today (that I've passed on). Looking for a 'nice' Black Knight 2000..... still. Cash on pickup and will travel beyond the NW. :)

My interest has resurged after looking at one today (that I've passed on). Looking for a 'nice' Black Knight 2000..... still. Cash on pickup and will travel beyond the NW. :)

John,
you passed I bought it. I think for far less than when he started at
its filthy but should be a good project

I was reading the other day about mylar removal using googone.....

http://www.waynesthisandthat.com/mylarremoval.htm

Rather interesting now that you can pick this stuff up on Ebay relatively cheaply. Also apparently it dissolves most of the glue so you can wipe clean as you go.

I have also seen people removing using x method and also a razor bladed stripper. Dont. Too east to slip and hack holes in the PF - i would suggest a plastic edge.

They sell googone at asda and b&q among other places. It does work but lots of elbow grease is involved.
Im going to try something we make at work. Just hope it doesnt eat the playfield as well.

I stripped Mylar from an old Police Force. Freeze spray worked nicely. The only thing to be aware of is the areas that have bubbled, if they are over inserts they will likely have lifted the insert text.

Once Mylar is up then you need to get rid of the glue left behind. I used 'Sticky Stuff Remover', about three quid from b&q. Splash some of that about, let it soak for 5 mins. Scrape up as much goop as you can (with an old credit card), then sprinkle flour over the rest. Gently roll flour around with finger and it soaks up the glue like magic.

Nice catch moose. Was tempted myself, but already have two projects 'on the go'

I read either on here or pinside evostick adhesive cleaner is good for cleaning up Mylar glue. It's good stuff we used to use it for cleaning off Dunlop contact adhesive at work

Freeze spray at the ready. Its a bubbly buggar.
£700

Well if you can get it off and clean up OK seem to remember the playfield was not bad underneath. Good luck anyway, would be good to see it restored !

I read either on here or pinside evostick adhesive cleaner is good for cleaning up Mylar glue. It's good stuff we used to use it for cleaning off Dunlop contact adhesive at work
Mr Dogg where do you get it from?
mylar on ground floor removed and the glues coming off with sticky stuff remover but it does take a while.

Well it works. There was not much left of the shooter rod hence why they were struggling to launch the balls and probablly why it got sold.
filthy dirty. Ive removed the lower mylar and its really nice underneath. None mylar parts are being stubbon with the dirt but well get there. All dirt removal top tips please.
the flippers are chipped to pieces, never seen that before and the slings are broken but ive sourced new ones.
the mains switch has been bypassed as well. Boards and connectors look good. The display all works after about a minute. Just love the bass and singing.

I've posted about evostik adhesive remover before, great stuff but need to use it in a ventilated area as its pretty pungent and will get you high pretty quickly.

banging head and pinball don't make a good mix.

I've posted about evostik adhesive remover before, great stuff but need to use it in a ventilated area as its pretty pungent and will get you high pretty quickly.

banging head and pinball don't make a good mix.

We used to use that and contact adhesive all day. Makes u abit dizzy after a while

Cheers guys. Will give it a try.
Looking for a magic eraser. Its been suggested morrisons stock them.

Cheers guys. Will give it a try.
Looking for a magic eraser. Its been suggested morrisons stock them.

I got mine from Lakeland. My advice is be very careful with it if you have not used it before. It cleans up small areas of ground in dirt that Novus cannot touch, but it is very abrasive (more so than you might expect at first) and will dull the sheen of the clearcoat if you are not careful.

Novus 2 isnt touching the outlanes and magna save areas that wernt mylar covered. Do you use novus as a lubricant on the eraser? Or something else?

Novus 2 isnt touching the outlanes and magna save areas that wernt mylar covered. Do you use novus as a lubricant on the eraser? Or something else?

Just water. It comes as a foam block which you can cut a small piece off with a knife. Dip it in water, which it absorbs. It then (sort of) dissolves as you rub it - apparently microscopic beads of the foam come away as it is rubbed, which then act as the abrasive. It is very effective - it will clean swirl marks out that you did not even notice were dirty, but you just need to be very careful not to over do it :)

This test is useful to give you an idea how effective it can be, but also how damaging if over done: http://arcadearchive.com/pinball/magic/

Back
Top Bottom