What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bitcoin for pinball

I buy 263 shares at $19 sell at $455

after commission and fees you are probably right.
Congratulations on the trade. I have to admit I was slightly surprised you did it, after your comments about Bitcoin and investing in something driven by sentiment. It was clearly a smart move, but the move in the market was purely driven by sentiment as we all know Game Stop is in serious trouble. I fully understand the position with the Hedge funds shorting the stock but the investors pushing the price up was purely based on sentiment.

I would interested on your options on other Crypto Currencies. Akash Network seem like a great investment based on the team and the cloud infrastructure they are building. Plus getting 48% apy staking the tokens which are already double my entry point. There are also potential dividends for token holders.

Last edited:
Congratulations on the trade. I have to admit I was slightly surprised you did it, after your comments about Bitcoin and investing in something driven by sentiment. It was clearly a smart move, but the move in the market was purely driven by sentiment as we all know Game Stop is in serious trouble. I fully understand the position with the Hedge funds shorting the stock but the investors pushing the price up was purely based on sentiment.

I would interested on your options on other Crypto Currencies. Akash Network seem like a great investment based on the team and the cloud infrastructure they are building. Plus getting 48% apy staking the tokens which are already double my entry point. There are also potential dividends for token holders.

No this wasn't on sentiment. the price moved on supply and demand of the stock; with the GME stock supply very very well understood - thats what many people don't understand about this, this wasn't just a bunch of idiots buying on sentiment, this was a well executed plan around the supply of the stock and it had significant risks in it as there are many large long holders that could have ended this (and there was a strong risk that at Friday close they would cash in hence why we got out!) but the folks who did the hard yards on understanding those holders knew they wouldn't intervene and they didn't thats why its still at 325. Without that research this would have been a minor blip and probably a lot of "idiots buying" would have lost out big time.

And it wasn't my great trade; it was a friend who is a broker and is well connected and when he says he has a hot one I listen (and when he says avoid crypto I also listen) - he has been right four out four times now. (Exodus, Apple, Twitter and Gamestop).

Now where is the order form for that M5 CS :D

Last edited by a moderator:
There is certainly logic behind what is happening at GME but as you say, those driving this are not 100% in control of the mechanisms and therefore the risks can not managed. Hence, the evolving limitations to either sign up for to new brokers or be able to buy the stock causes blips or could even return the stock price to market expectations.
But the squeeze doesn’t appear to have occurred yet, despite the maths we were seeing shared. Critical mass, where those shorted shares need to be returned, hasn’t occurred. There are rumours that some hedge funds are selling shares between each other to keep shares moving.
But demand remains high and supply limited, folks are getting out but others are holding with more trying to join. If it stays this way then these shorts have to be filled by inflated prices then it will go higher and then... crash spectacularly.
Knowing what the signs of a crash are vs a blip are why I stayed out. I have access to Quants who calculate this for a living but are terrible at giving me predictions.

The GME stock is an interesting one. I've stayed away but have two mates dabbling with open positions.

One hedge has already gone backrupt on its short of GME, seems the Reddit army are mostly keen on holding.

There's one thread of analysis that says if the premarket price gets to $550 tomorrow there's enough short positions that have to close that it would pump the stock into four figures.

Blackberry and Nokia are also targets. I bought into Nokia at 3.97 last November.

Cryptos being targeted are DOGE, XRP and a few others.

Interesting times.

Sent from my Atari 2600

I read the posts on Friday and Saturday saying they were collapsing. Seems they received emergency funds like you say.

Sent from my Atari 2600

It’s a precarious position because the price now is sustained only by new money coming in constantly, and existing owners holding. There is little in the way of fundamentals to the stock price, despite the promise of shifting the company more towards digital markets.

The more it seems like there is active manipulation/collusion going on, the more likely it seems to me that interventions will be made, either by trading platforms themselves or the SEC, etc which would collapse the share price. From reading wallstreetbets as an observer it’s difficult not to take the view that this has nothing to do with the shares themselves but is a concerted effort to manipulate the market.

Will be interesting to watch for sure. If the price drops precipitously I wonder how many people will actually hold, vs bailing out.

Mate of mine said back in December he’d bought stock and it didn’t even register at the time. I found out about it pretty much when the rest of the world did. :(

The more it seems like there is active manipulation/collusion going on, the more likely it seems to me that interventions will be made, either by trading platforms themselves or the SEC, etc which would collapse the share price. From reading wallstreetbets as an observer it’s difficult not to take the view that this has nothing to do with the shares themselves but is a concerted effort to manipulate the market.

That's exactly why a lot of people are jumping on GME now, because they're playing the game that wall street has been playing for years.

Worth looking into the Akash token AKT. The Akash cloud looks promising and you can get 48% interest staking. Token currently at £0.60 with tiny market cap. Looks like a promising one to hold when you look at the team behind it and what they plan to do in the Cloud market place by undercutting AWS, Azure and Google Cloud.
I hope a few people took my tip from the begining of January. Akash Token is up 625% to £4.36 per token. Really strong project that sits behind it delivering the world's first decentralized open source cloud ;)

Yes - definitely a small world.

I lived around Southall and Greenford for several years - came to London from Yorkshire as a student at Brunel, Uxbridge then got a job at Ealing Hospital (St Bernard's mental hospital before they knocked it down and built flats) doing IT stuff, then worked for the council in Wembley for 20+ years. In Southall I lived on Orchard Ave, Stanley Road, Greenford Avenue, then in Greenford on Greenway Gardens then Costons Avenue near the A40 roundabout before getting married.
Small world indeed

I was born in Perivale, went to Northolt high school, spent my youth in Wembley/Ealing/Greenford (hall also!) and lived in Uxbridge and Ruislip. First drink was in the Millet Arms, Western Avenue!

Reactions: C&C
Tesla invest $1.5 Billion into Bitcoin.
Neil :-View attachment 132307

Hell no, and Musk's action only underlines; it's only a total ****wit that invests in this madness - but I notice you're quiet now Andy! I hope nobody listens to your insanity. Better placing a tenner on a nag at aintree.

But just to keep you super happy, I made just under £825K (AFTER charges, commission and tax) on shorting Tesla stock that lost 20% of its value because of this stupid move by Musk.

He can afford to lose money but the average idiot in the street can't afford it, but your like me Andy aren't you? you are financially independent and can afford it so why worry!

Neil.

Congratulations on your trade. Fortunately most of what I hold now in Crypto currencies is pure profit as I always take my initial stake out and some of the profits. Like most things it's important to diversify. Admittedly there are a lot of scam coins, but there are some really good projects in the space that are doing some amazing stuff. I am just surprised that with your Tech background you’re not more into what’s going on in the crypto space. Even if you’re not interested in investing financially.
Decentralised Finance, Decentralised Cloud Infrastructure, Decentralised Social Media. They all have the potential to change the current landscape a lot which could be a double edged sword.

Congratulations on your trade. Fortunately most of what I hold now in Crypto currencies is pure profit as I always take my initial stake out and some of the profits. Like most things it's important to diversify. Admittedly there are a lot of scam coins, but there are some really good projects in the space that are doing some amazing stuff. I am just surprised that with your Tech background you’re not more into what’s going on in the crypto space. Even if you’re not interested in investing financially.
Decentralised Finance, Decentralised Cloud Infrastructure, Decentralised Social Media. They all have the potential to change the current landscape a lot which could be a double edged sword.
I like the gaming possibilities opened up by Enjin

the problem is its not decentralised...

only play if you can afford to lose and there are too many people who don't understand the temperament.

watch out for regulation though, once covid is under control the regulators are going to be all over this I predict.

Waiting for 45k to jump back in come ooooooon I know you can dip that low!!! :D

Dropped below 44k last night, back in the game, Might be further drops in March so will grab more. Plan is to just sit on this for 5 years now, will either have a **** ton of cash or have **** all LOL who knows who cares its all a gamble :)

1614329694063.png

Hell no, and Musk's action only underlines; it's only a total ****wit that invests in this madness - but I notice you're quiet now Andy! I hope nobody listens to your insanity. Better placing a tenner on a nag at aintree.

But just to keep you super happy, I made just under £825K (AFTER charges, commission and tax) on shorting Tesla stock that lost 20% of its value because of this stupid move by Musk.

He can afford to lose money but the average idiot in the street can't afford it, but your like me Andy aren't you? you are financially independent and can afford it so why worry!

Neil.
To make 825k you must have stuck millions on Tesla.

For someone with millions you have a crap pinball collection haha.

Sent from my Atari 2600

I hope a few people took my tip from the begining of January. Akash Token is up 625% to £4.36 per token. Really strong project that sits behind it delivering the world's first decentralized open source cloud ;)
I went in on ADA and I'm staking.

Sent from my Atari 2600

To make 825k you must have stuck millions on Tesla.

For someone with millions you have a crap pinball collection haha.

Sent from my Atari 2600

spoken like a true underpants trader. You only need big money if it goes wrong and yes lots of digits involved.

but it’s not even near my biggest trade - buy at $5 sell at $130 a day later... EXDS

Last edited by a moderator:
What’s the best way to make a million, start with 2 million :D
Russ you've no idea how right you are and its pretty much what happened to a work colleague of mine.

I worked for a company called COLT Telecom, I was there from the start, we all got 15000 options at £2.75 in 1996, company did a share split a couple of years later so it became 60,000 options at £0.68. The COLT share price peaked around £46 but we still had a few months of vesting to go. the day my shares vested I sold at £39. my colleague said "nah I'm not selling the price will go back up", next two days it goes down to £30, "nah its going to go back up", some time after he sold at ten quid something.

I was actually close to doing what he did but was lucky in that I needed cash to buy a house at the time after that I decided there and then when in the black sell - free money is free money and with every share since award thats exactly what I've done.

Neil.

Dropped below 44k last night, back in the game, Might be further drops in March so will grab more. Plan is to just sit on this for 5 years now, will either have a **** ton of cash or have **** all LOL who knows who cares its all a gamble :)

If you're hodling for a few years you might want to consider putting it into something like BlockFi where you earn 6% interest. They're also launching a credit card that pays out 1.5% in BTC too. Do your own research to make sure you're comfortable that it's reputable of course, but from what I've seen it looks pretty legit.

And here's a referral code that earns us both a whopping $10 BTC if you are interested : https://blockfi.com/?ref=f6336556

I've been waiting on Munich to confirm that they will do me one in white but they are being very slow. EXDS and COLT was back pre the .COM Big Bang and cars were a different level of craziness.

My bigger issue is the M4 as the new one is uglier than the backbox on an American pinball game.

I've been waiting on Munich to confirm that they will do me one in white but they are being very slow. EXDS and COLT was back pre the .COM Big Bang and cars were a different level of craziness.

My bigger issue is the M4 as the new one is uglier than the backbox on an American pinball game.

I do like that green they showed in the video on the reveal. Question is it a £145,000 car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom