What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bitcoin for pinball

Yeah banks will definitely have to cop on to it. And they will have the backing of basically countries behind them so it will be game over for a lot of things. Hard to know when that will be though.

It's so interesting following all this stuff and watching how crazy it all is really.

A customer in work was talking to me about it a while ago and she had 9k invested with some organization who told her when to buy and sell various currencies, and that her investment was "insured" to always get the best price when she wants to cash out. No idea who or what it was but she definitely bought and sold through their platform. One week she came in and said she couldn't log in and that there was a problem with their internet!

Can't wait to see her again and find out how much she got scammed out of 🤣

the banks won't go near this. A sentiment based model. It would be worse than PPI.

Neil.

I took a massive punt on Ripple and moved probably 90% of what I had into it ... just before the SEC announced their lawsuit and it tanked hard. I still think Ripple will make a significant comeback, though it might take a year or two for that lawsuit to get resolved.

During the tank I put a bit into ETH and BTC, so that's helping recoup some of the losses
Yeah ripple tanking was a bit of a bummer as it was on the up recently, though ive just kept all mine from ages ago. All just a bit of fun here, nothing major I invested but a free game would be nice in the long run!

Yeah ripple tanking was a bit of a bummer as it was on the up recently, though ive just kept all mine from ages ago. All just a bit of fun here, nothing major I invested but a few game would be nice in the long run!
My thoughts exactly, all my stuff goes wild and I can cash it in for a couple of NIB pins then it's happy days for me

I took a massive punt on Ripple and moved probably 90% of what I had into it ... just before the SEC announced their lawsuit and it tanked hard. I still think Ripple will make a significant comeback, though it might take a year or two for that lawsuit to get resolved.

During the tank I put a bit into ETH and BTC, so that's helping recoup some of the losses
One other thing Coinbase is still honouring the spark tokens drop based on your ripple balance from mid December so that’s good.

its like gamblers anonymous. I feel compelled to say when the fun stops stop.
Personally I think it would be sensible for everyone to hold a small amount of Bitcoin as a hedge against the inevitable inflation that will occur. Any money sat in the bank is being devalued at a rate not seen for many decades due to the vast amounts of currencies being printed. That's why it was not really a gamble to pick up Bitcoin six months ago when it was clearly undervalued. It was inevitable that it would go up. I agree jumping in now it is pumping is gamble, but this time it seems to be one, big corporations are prepared to take. The traditional hedge against inflation has always been Gold and Silver, but looking at the markets more people seem to be turning to Bitcoin.

Personally I think it would be sensible for everyone to hold a small amount of Bitcoin as a hedge against the inevitable inflation that will occur. Any money sat in the bank is being devalued at a rate not seen for many decades due to the vast amounts of currencies being printed. That's why it was not really a gamble to pick up Bitcoin six months ago when it was clearly undervalued. It was inevitable that it would go up. I agree jumping in now it is pumping is gamble, but this time it seems to be one, big corporations are prepared to take. The traditional hedge against inflation has always been Gold and Silver, but looking at the markets more people seem to be turning to Bitcoin.

If I had a tenner for everyone that’s said “now is the time” (infact I think a few people have said it on this thread) oh I have got a tenner, even more than a tenner by shorting all the suckers who lost a packet on this the last time this -sentiment- based nonsense crashed.

A hedge you say?! A hedge made up of whether a few folks are feeling happy or sad?! That’s not a hedge, it’s not even a small bush!

If you are putting money into this make sure you can afford to lose it.

Also If you think that’s the case on inflation you don’t have a basic understanding of how QE is being used. It’s not the 70s!

Regards,
Neil.

I still feel sorry for the guy in Wales that quite a few years ago dumped his pc with 7500 bitcoins on that were worthless at the time in 2014.
They were checking the waste centre and landfill, local authority were trying to help him. So many millions in the bin, gutted😂

If I had a tenner for everyone that’s said “now is the time” (infact I think a few people have said it on this thread) oh I have got a tenner, even more than a tenner by shorting all the suckers who lost a packet on this the last time this -sentiment- based nonsense crashed.

A hedge you say?! A hedge made up of whether a few folks are feeling happy or sad?! That’s not a hedge, it’s not even a small bush!

If you are putting money into this make sure you can afford to lose it.

Also If you think that’s the case on inflation you don’t have a basic understanding of how QE is being used. It’s not the 70s!

Regards,
Neil.
Your totally entitled to your opinion on Bitcoin and you may be right, but I must challenge your comment about QE. I have a very good understanding of how QE is being used and the implications. Its far worse than anything seen in the 70's and is unsustainable in the long term. Even the IMF have acknowledged that fact.

LOL- ok Andy - what happens when the bonds are due for repayment?

Cheers,
Neil.

What happens when the bonds are due for repayment
A bond is a debt obligation and like any debt has to be repaid with interest. Like any debt there is a risk of default if the issuer is not in a position to repay the debt. The scary thing is how many countries have come close to defaulting. Interest rates are being held artificially low as any substantial increase in rates would lead to a wave of defaults. It's a very simple fact that fiat currencies are being devalued due to increased supply and low interest rates.
Debt.jpg

Last edited:
A bond is a debt obligation and like any debt has to be repaid with interest. Like any debt there is a risk of default if the issuer is not in a position to repay the debt. The scary thing is how many countries have come close to defaulting. Interest rates are being held artificially low as any substantial increase in rates would lead to a wave of defaults. It's a very simple fact that fiat currencies are being devalued due to increased supply and low interest rates.
View attachment 129335

oh dear, that's not the question I asked (but yes the movement of risk from Interest rates as inflationary as a direct costs to taxation isn't ideal).

In the cycle of QE what happens when the bond is due?

Neil.

In the cycle of QE what happens when the bond is due?
I assume you are driving at the fact that if the debt is repaid the amount of currency in circulation is reduced? The reality is the UK's national debt has been increasing for the last 15 years.

Bitcoin gone mental recently, Iv got quite a chunk stuck on Coinbase who locked my account :(

Gonna wait for it to go back to where it was before the correction then take it all out once I get access back to my account :D

Why did they lock your account?
Had to go through all this re verify crap then they just put my account under review which basically locks it. They have zero support so sort of stuck at the moment. Have contacted FCA see if they can help.

I assume you are driving at the fact that if the debt is repaid the amount of currency in circulation is reduced? The reality is the UK's national debt has been increasing for the last 15 years.

have a look at the detail of the bond trades and see what you think...

I personally would prefer the put interest rates up, it means lots of cheap property to buy when the banks start foreclosing.

Neil.

Stellar has had a decent day today!

If you're registered with Coinbase and want some freebies (or you can sign up as a new user and use these too), here's some referral codes to tutorials, and the answers
I did these a few months ago and converted everything to BTC and XLM, and the account has £150 or so now. Decent for next to no effort
(If someone uses these referrals, then you'll get your own referral code - so feel free to post your code once you have one)

$10 of XLM : https://coinbase.com/earn/xlm/invite/ncdm412j
Answer No. 1: A decentralized protocol that unites the worlds financial infrastructure
Answer No. 2: Facilitating low-cost, universal payments.
Answer No. 3: Transactions are fast, inexpensive, and global
Answer No. 4: To issue, exchange, and transfer tokens quickly and efficiently
Answer No. 5: It relies on the cooperation of trusted nodes to confirm transactions.

$10 of COMP: https://coinbase.com/earn/comp/invite/bc1pfjm7
Answer No. 1: Earning interest
Answer No. 2: Supply a crypto asset as collateral
Answer No. 3: COMP token holders

No referral codes for these, but you'll find them through the same rewards page

CELO $6
Answer No. 1: By making crypto accessible on mobile phones
Answer No. 2: Staking, governance, and stability
Answer No. 3: Using the Valora mobile app

MKR $6
What are the native assets of the Maker protocol? : MKR and DAI
Who runs MakerDAO? : MKR holders
What do you need to generate DAI today? : A crypto wallet and crypto collateral

ALGO $6
Answer 1: By Being Scalable and Decentralised
Answer 2: A randomdly selected ALGO token
Answer 3: Algorand Standard Asset

@Wizcat - You wanna explain to an old man on how this all works...?? I get what bitcoin is and does (loosely)... however havent a clue on how to go about anything :D

Back
Top Bottom