What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Stern LCD game so far?

Star Wars ( I am a fan and Neil hating it adds to my love ), iron maiden, Beatles,guardians, dead pool, Aerosmith, batman66 ( huge fan of all things Batman but this game leaves me cold, still might buy one as I did an Avengers )

it leaves you cold isn't the pin, its the Deep Freeze!

The order of the ones i've owned would be:

1) BK SOR
2) Deadpool
3) Guardians
4) Batman 66

As usual the normal rule is : you need to play them all first to see, and sometimes hard to know exactly as you really need to play them in isolation where you can hear everything. And then theres the code, as each game will be at a different point when you play them. Having said all that, i usually buy early before shooting one ball and go on theme and take the journey!!. Works for me :)

My main issue with BM66, having had it from early code onwards, is the game lasts too long and gets boring after awhile. a 2 hour + game to me is just dull. Like LOTR etc once you finish that game you switch it off and cant be bothered to try again as you know its going to be another 2 hours to get back to where you were !!

My main issue with BM66, having had it from early code onwards, is the game lasts too long and gets boring after awhile. a 2 hour + game to me is just dull. Like LOTR etc once you finish that game you switch it off and cant be bothered to try again as you know its going to be another 2 hours to get back to where you were !!

2 hour + game? Strewth! I think 30 minutes is the longest I've had on my BM66. Still love it though.

I know what you mean about long games, it's what makes TNA the most 'one more game' Pin I've played as some games can be over in a couple of minutes and you instantly press the start button again.

I've got a nice Ying and Yang owning both BM66 and TNA.

looks like no love for Munsters
Its so much better with the newer code - so much so i went and bought one. Played it with the old code when it first arrived for a few games and then updated. Miles better! Just a pity Stern release games with code half finished.

like BK SOR you need the premium or LE. casual punters find it very accessible and love going downstairs (ooh missus)

Its so much better with the newer code - so much so i went and bought one. Played it with the old code when it first arrived for a few games and then updated. Miles better! Just a pity Stern release games with code half finished.

No it’s still sterns worst game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sterns worst game?

I would own Munsters instead of Nascar, Big Buck Hunter, Wheel of Fortune, Mustang to name four off the top of my head.

The new code has improved Munsters a lot however I wouldnt own it over Aerosmith.

Just because one person hates a game - does not make it crap.

I dislike Jurassic Park. But I do not tell everyone its awful. It is my opinion.

As I previously said - go and try a few ! :)

I actually would take all of those games over Munsters!

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My BM66 is rooted to the spot.
I guess it has it all for me.....has the nostalgia going back to the 1970s growing up watching it.
Gameplay, shots, cut scenes all very well put together. It doesn’t punish you either, find your timing and it’s like you become a pinball marksman.
Iron Maiden - love it - still haven’t collected more than two Eddies though so still a long way to go.
Has it all for me - the call outs are just ace - doesn’t get old.

I’m not too bothered about LCD vs DMD - if the gameplay and theme are right.

Aerosmith:
I think this would have been better if they engaged the band, Tyler to do the callouts etc......
Before I buy a pin I listen to gameplay on repeat over and over to see what grinds/irritates me.
That Jackie geezer gets on my tits quite quickly.
Shame cause I love the Artwork on the playfield and music is cool....
I think Stern also dropped a bollock on the LE spec compared with other LEs - you pretty much get fcuk all for the extra wonga. Not sure what they were thinking.

Beatles Gold
Played a few games on this.
I liked it, was quite difficult but the fit and finish was top notch.
I’m pretty sure the head unit looked smaller form factor, could be wrong.
Lovely colourful nostalgic look, A+ art package.
For a Beatles fan, can’t go wrong.
Pricey yes but not out of sight if you look around.......even for NIB

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom