What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Stern LCD game so far?

I think my favourite is a flip between batman 66 or Deadpool. But to be honest with you Alan as long as you avoid the ****e that is Munsters, Aerosmith and Star Wars the rest of them are outstanding games.

Iron maiden - ok music sucks but there is so much to do
Elvira: great open playfield with lots of great shots and a ruleset that’s going to be one of the best
Jurassic Park - again the music sucks but huge amount to do and more to come
Guardians - I find this game super hard but the theme is great and the game has a lot of flow.
Deadpool - super satisfying shots great music and gladiolus call outs and great artwork
Batman 66 - fantastic game open but challenging playfield awesome ruleset and fantastic batman tv integration
Black knight:SOR - very challenging game really needs a premium IMO, steve Richie shouting at you - code needs more work for sure.

Cheers
Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Of course new game announcement imminent too! Probably two I hear!

Jurassic park by a mile the code is amazing !!

I like it and the code is great but I think some of the shots are a bit iffy on it particularly around the jeep.

Oh and mate of course beatles which I think is a better game than most given credit for. Just a stupid price.

Oh and mate of course beatles which I think is a better game than most given credit for. Just a stupid price.

yes. i’m a massive beatles fan but not at those prices! my plan b is to retheme my dealers choice EM to Beatles ....... might start in 2020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best to worse in order:

Iron Maiden, Guardians of the Galaxy, Star Wars, Deadpool, Black Knight SOR, Batman66, Aerosmith, Munsters.

Yet to play JP, Elvira, Beatles but JP looks great.

Last edited:
I like GOTG and Deadpool the most of the newer Stern games, despite having no interest in those themes, though I've not played them all much myself too.

I was thinking about picking up one of the newer sterns soonish as well, and my xmas list has deadpool and Jurassic park on it. So I guess they're my two favourites.

But I also love bm66. And I'm probably in a minority but I really like Aerosmith as well.

And I want to like star wars, but I still dont really get what I'm supposed to do on it, and I've had about 100 plays on it.

Also surprised about the hate for Star Wars, always enjoyed it when I've played it, don't understand it yet but complicated games keep me coming back for more. It's top of my wanted list.

GOTG and Batman both leave me cold.

Loving Maiden and warming to Dead Pool.

Aerosmith is looking like the ring of the litter but I’m still enjoying mine.

Star Wars.......Don't let the negative thoughts put you off, it’s a great fast machine that needs time to be appreciated, like a fine wine, it gets better with time.......I hated it first time I played it, but now love it!

However, it’s best to get out and play yourself as (thankfully) we are all different!

Avoid Munsters, Aerosmith and Star Wars all terrible in their own ways

@AlanJ Beatles are now floating around £6300 mark...

Batman 66 is one the best machines ever made, may look basic but damn the code is amazing... No two games are the same

Iron maiden... Nope now get Jurassic Park... Awesome machine... It has tight shots and you got to learn the code

Deadpool - All around great game

Guardians - Great game but one of the easier Sterns

Black knight:SOR - got old after a while

As others have said, it’s massively subjective and personal so try to play them all. I love Star Wars and would sell deadpool before losing SW, but they’re both great in very different ways. SW in particular seems to be a marmite pin though.
JP looks great, I haven’t played it yet but can’t wait to give it a try.

I say go for the Beatles if they’re really selling for just above half the new price. Seems unlikely though.

Star Wars ( I am a fan and Neil hating it adds to my love ), iron maiden, Beatles,guardians, dead pool, Aerosmith, batman66 ( huge fan of all things Batman but this game leaves me cold, still might buy one as I did an Avengers )

I remember looking in disbelief - as did all with me - at Batman 66 on first viewing at EAG. Considering the mental money it looked and felt so rinky dink cheap. No wonder people throwing a toy cupboard full of mods on them.

Played it a bit - does nothing for me.

Aero is a lot of fun. Star Wars I could see being a blast at home once you figure it out.

I don't go to pin locations or events often enough these days to have played the newer stuff much. Had like 1 or 2 games on all of them bar JP. They felt like Sterns [emoji3]

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Looking forward to playing JP at the Christmas Cracker tomorrow.

Could be a costly trip for me.

Back
Top Bottom