What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beatles pinball from Stern

I dont know if I CBA putting on the website when the pricing is so stupid, but I guess I will, it was in my mind to do it later but then I dont think the price will be advertised, I dont know.

Is it not fair to say that the target market for this pin, and the Supreme one before it, aren't actually pinball aficionados?

Stern appear to have a side business now in repackaging old themes (Supreme = Spiderman Home Edition, Beatles = Seawitch) and selling them to a very targeted market. Granted the Beatles pin has been modernised and a spinner added, but it is ultimately a retheme.

If it means Stern can make stuff like IM then I guess everyone is a winner. Bit of a shame for mere mortals who would've liked a Beatles themed pin though.

I'm hoping to get over there in the next few days myself. I'm wondering though what the point is from their perspective - are they taking orders for them? Surely it can't be to generate foot traffic to the shops etc...

I'm hoping to get over there in the next few days myself. I'm wondering though what the point is from their perspective - are they taking orders for them? Surely it can't be to generate foot traffic to the shops etc...

they've dressed it like an art piece haven't they? so maybe central londoners can place an order for one on their way to doing their weekly shop at waitrose.

A little part of me dies inside seeing those pins like that ....expensive trophies fenced off behind rope in a lifeless corporate setting :( Pinball wasn't meant to be like this :confused:
Yup, it does look corporate.
That said, this game is targeted at a different market so if it brings more new people to the hobby and Stern boost their coffers, then it's good going forward.
If Stern weren't doing so well, we wouldn't be getting these big code updates on older games, so that is a plus in my book:)

So I'll be there Wednesday 4pm to live stream the game until 8pm - would be great to have a few of you come down and play decent :D

twitch.tv/NeilMcRae/

A little part of me dies inside seeing those pins like that ....expensive trophies fenced off behind rope in a lifeless corporate setting :( Pinball wasn't meant to be like this :confused:

better that than a scrum with irritating asshats bumping into you!

Back
Top Bottom