What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Banzai Run

Almost there now. Been replacing all manner of small broken bits ...image.jpg
Also lane guide plastics, gi bulbs that were dead and completely black that were burried under the ramp.

The game has around 26 stand up circular targets, the foam was shot in most of them. 4 targets were badly wounded. All were filthy. Cleaned with ipa and novus 2 where required

The mega expensive ramp only came with three of the four requisite decals. Bay area amusements could not find it so refunded some money. These decals are available, but i managed to get the old one off the original ramp. The glue came off very easily with ipa. @replicas is kindly sending me the correct glue to attach to the new ramp.
image.jpg

New ramp all ready to go once the decal is applied ...

image.jpg

Upper left strip was a real pain as several t-nuts just span, so needed aggressive removal. All waxed and ready to go.

The motorbike did not always pick up the ball with its electro magnet. This game has design flaws, but has amazing build quality. The extent the motorbike falls to the lower playfield is controlled by these three (only two visible) bolts on the lower steel bracket, the whole screw turn mechanism can be moved about 1cm in the vertical plane. I think this was also used on bram stoker's dracula (?) ...

image.jpg

I removed the lexan inner pane from the main backgkass. Gave this a polish on the wheel, though some scratches are just too deep. Especially where the motorbike lifter can rub against it. But these are not really that noticeable so i am not minded to replace the lexan.

Banzai will never be finished, but the job is done ...image.jpg

image.jpg
Ramp installed, thanks to @replicas for supplying the 3m adhesive to sort the final decal ..image.jpg
image.jpg

This rubber strip arrived via a friend in the usa. It is a remarkable fit for the unique gap it serves to seal. My game was absolutely filthy in this area. The supplier would not send to me, so i had to call a favour in...image.jpg
Very unusual profile, metal reinforced to grip the glass ...

image.jpg

I did not know whether it would work as it came from a rubber supplier. But it is almost perfect. Very few banzai run games still have this in place. Guys in the usa think it is a better product than the impossible to find original

Tinkering with flipper strength, angles, wireforms, fettling the ramp, ball saucers etc. adjusted the game settings to make the play better balanced

Replacing blown bulbs already

As of now, fit for league play and 2.7 mill as a first 4 ball score. I had forgotten how hard it was to hit the red hot targets with the glass on

My ever patient assistant ...image.jpg

Though he prefers funhouse.

Last edited:
If you see anyone trying to get inside it, stab them with the fire poker the lounge

Very easy to bust this game when you take it to bits as everything has to be done in order and there are some very dangerous mistakes that can very easily be made.

Superb job.
Have you had King Of The Hill on it yet ? Greatest music in pinball. Ever.

Yes, I have made king of the hill. Will be intrigued to see what happens on the second jackpot. The music is awesome. These system 11s do have the best tunes.

Have been fiddling with the top left flipper. It is tough to set. Been trying to vary flipper angle and power so that you can get both red hot, and the captive ball (jackpot). Very fine tolerances, as the captive ball shot is very tight

Sorting this game has been a long haul. So many flippers, targets, 2 playfields .... The interconnect board isn't even accessible !

I am very happy with it now, but has been a big job for what was a "working" game. Other than the player 2 display, everything did work, but my word it needed a lot of cleaning/ replacement parts/ stuff from usa/ help from forum members on game specific items/ adjustment ...

Last edited:
Did you get A, B, C first to light the extra ball ?
If I remember right it plays the King Of The Hill music if you get 25 laps too.

Am still finding my way round the rules. I did get an extra ball, not sure how. I have now turned the extra ball feature off though.

I do think the bottom part of the upper playfield where the a,b,c and red, yellow, blue targets are is a superb piece of design with the figure of 8 loop

Trying to it league ready for a couple of weeks time dan, no extra ball, 4 ball, sensible tilt .....

Need to do the same to my bk2k. These system 11s don't have tournament modes that I can find. Banzai looks a fair game to me (can't steal locks, jackpot looks fixed). Bk2k seems a bit random in comparison with the spinning wheel and ransom mode

When its enabled extra ball is normally lit at the captive ball on the lower playfield after 7 laps. Completing A,B,C lights extra ball at the upper pf captive ball when its lit for KOTH everytime, but if you miss the shot you have to redo ABC again.

I'm pretty sure you get an extra ball for reaching finish line @ 25 laptops too. I think finish line is harder to get then KOTH tbh.

Instant rematch shot through the bumpers is one of the best in pinball. Damn I miss my Banzai. :(

Treated it to some apron cards printed on photo paper, courtesy of pinballcards.com. Had to scale up to 107 per cent to get the size right.

The apron on williams games is far superior to that on stern games, it is indented so that the cards sit flat. With Stern the design is much more basic so the apron cards bow out

Williams stopped punching in those indents for the cards in the Wpc era, on Indiana Jones PBA I think. The new arrangement was inferior in every way except, presumably, cost. The cards or their plastic covers tended to fall off if the playfield was raised to vertical, and care was needed not to catch them when re-fitting the glass.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom