What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bally/Williams Factory Error

stoptap

Registered
Alias
Andy
Just delivered a pinball and the guy asked me to have a peep at his No Fear hurry up light as it wasn't working.
Spot the reason why !

No wonder they shut down. ;)

image.jpeg

Cletus has nailed it ! :D

The machine is 20 years old and that light has never worked. If one of the lights on my machines so much as flickers the glass is off within 3 seconds. I wonder how many people have owned it down the years and wondered why that light never came on ?

My Gorgar had a couple of backbox GI lamps that were never soldered on from the factory. I bet there are all kinds of subtle things missing/not working on pinball machines that people have not spotted yet.

At least we know how Stern learnt from the best when it comes to quality control ;)

My Gorgar had a couple of backbox GI lamps that were never soldered on from the factory. I bet there are all kinds of subtle things missing/not working on pinball machines that people have not spotted yet.

At least we know how Stern learnt from the best when it comes to quality control ;)
I have heard that Stern will shortly be sending out games with a soldering iron and reel of solder. :rolleyes:

The Earthshaker owned by my employer (and then myself) had two G.I. lamps, behind the drop targets, not connected to the rest of the playfield. I added the necessary jumper wires. And a Judge Dredd had a post and rubber rings missing from behind drop targets 'J' & 'U', allowing a ball to lodge under the plastic lightshield.

Back
Top Bottom