What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Bally Gold Ball - Another wreck - with hacks

What went wrong, different brands? I've had that with 2K over enamel say. Bah. I is a bit disheartening when you get set backs like that on anything you're painting.

What went wrong, different brands? I've had that with 2K over enamel say. Bah. I is a bit disheartening when you get set backs like that on anything you're painting.
I think it’s the cold weather and the gold is a bit of a mix ie a “pearlescent” type. I’ll try a different gold on the next one, I am also going to bring the cab into the house and let it warm up for a few days (and the paint) then take it outside for a moment to spray paint then back inside immediately. hopefully this will do the trick.

The cold and the drying off time don't help. Sometimes it's worth lightly dusting on the first coat have it land almost dry. Flash it off a bit with a hairdryer which is in your other hand and dust a little more. A wet flood of paint can definitley cause problems.

I'd say either warm your painting area up or leave for a day warmer than this! Too damn cold to be doing anything unless you've a booth.

mpu playing up so rebuilt the reset circuit as that was intermittent, then got an issue with the rom sockets. again they are intermittent, added an additional rom board and that fixed the unreliability issues. also rebuilt j4 mpu header pins
5A636AE6-1B24-41ED-A4F8-047AD103B550.jpeg
7D02554F-5CE0-486F-B36B-0DDBDA1C051A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom