What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auxilaty Coils ?

R

robertlucas1970

Should these be active and working or are they for things like tournament mode ?
I have one coil that I have not seen work, so ran the test and it does nothing when I run it, AUX 2
Its on T3 the center up post between the flippers, so lifted the table up and wire has been cut next to the coil and a little protector put over it, so for some reason it has been disconnected, so have reconnected it and had a look in the book.
I know a little bit but not a lot so please go easy on me.
This coil is on J7 P9 VIO/Black, but this is where I get a little confused as on the coil is red and this red wire then goes to a 3 way driver board, but I do not see the VIO/Black from the main driver board on this 3 way driver board, the inputs are orange with stripes.
Before I go any further I just wanted to make sure this coil should be working and not some feature of the machine that could be used in tournament mode or something else.
Any tips please fire this way.
Many Thanks
Robert

Somebody with better knowledge will be along shortly but I think the Centre post coincides with the uk skill post playfield!?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

For some reason stern put them on uk / euro machines so they arnt classed as gambling machines. It's not needed so wouldn't let it worry you.

Not sure why anybody would choose to disconnect the coil though as the skill posts can just be turned off within the software. Must be the same kind of person that would open the coin door to put on service credits instead of just turning the machine on to free play! :cuckoo:

Lol very true I've heard a few people now say theirs was cut off. It's the same story with knockers why are they allways cut of when you can just unplug or turn off in the menu. Always the first thing I reconnect

So what is the skill post and why do we turn them off ? Is it not part of the game ?
Many Thanks

Thanks I understand now and will put if back together :)

I mean the pin, I had the board out trying to find a fault which I guess is not there :)

Back
Top Bottom