What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Autoplunger is getting weak (stern)

Fubar

Site Supporter
Alias
Thomas
So the autoplunger in my BK3 has started getting a bit weak - the ball doesn't always make it all the way to the top of the shooter lane.

I put the power up in the settings slightly, and that helped for a bit. But it's not really solved the problem and I don't think it's the right approach anyway.

I'm going to take it apart tonight and see if I can spot anything, but wondering if anyone else has experienced similar issues?

Is it likely to be the coil on its way out? (The machine has 1k+ games on it.) Or some mechanical issue with the mech, or the ramp flap deforming and taking energy from the ball?

Thanks for looking :)

I believe it's a common fault , the auto plunger is slightly bent out of shape , just bend it back in shape , think thee is a thread on hear somewhere discussing this 🙂

Good place to start:
Make sure that when at rest both prongs of the auto plunger are touching the ball.
Make sure that in the forward (launch) position, both prongs are touching the ball too.
If not a slight bend will rectify this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reviving an old post here.

My auto shooter almost sounds like it’s misfiring. You can hear when it’s not going to fire the ball properly.

I’ve looked at the mech and all seems fine. Maybe a little left right movement on the hinged part, but it appears to be fully tight.

Both prongs are on the ball but perhaps the left one is a little straighter than the right. How are you bending these in, they’re quite thick metal.

Any other tips for this?

Reviving an old post here.

My auto shooter almost sounds like it’s misfiring. You can hear when it’s not going to fire the ball properly.

I’ve looked at the mech and all seems fine. Maybe a little left right movement on the hinged part, but it appears to be fully tight.

Both prongs are on the ball but perhaps the left one is a little straighter than the right. How are you bending these in, they’re quite thick metal.

Any other tips for this?
The prongs can be easily bent with a 6" adjustable spanner, that's what I use.

It's a poorly engineered mechanism imo. Doesn't take much for it to be slightly off centre/too far back and lose 50% of its power through the ball

Back
Top Bottom