What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AtGames Addams Family legends pinball

Now AFM.

Also

Offering refunds......

Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 01.34.11.png

The more I read about this - the more I am getting more and more disappointed.

Why announce the AFM cabinet? We have not even see TAF working in 4K without lag.......

Problem is that wagner guy does some good modding content- but is definitely an unofficial rep for them. I imagine review units will be out there next couple weeks and then we will find out.

Well, I had a good watch of the video above and feel that the actually quality on the graphics is awful.

Sorry @SeikoKid - I think I am out (yes I said that before I know),

VPX games running at 1080 look a lot better,

The ramps look awful.

This video here is 4 years old - today we have even better graphics cards....

VP9 was better than atgames

I've not watched the most recent Wagner's video, but did see this one. He also pointed out the difference with the ramps on the AtGames version relative to the Pinball FX version on a PC. Not convinced by the VP9 version but that VPX version looks good.

Just watched the latest 'wagners' videos on this table.

One is boring as hell showing how to assemble it. Will put you to sleep.

Part two doesnt go into the look and playability of TAF.

It is a bit like selling someone a load of beautiful looking oranges, that are sour inside - then making a video about the skin....

He is so biased.

Techmoan says that Addams and the other FX3 game he downloaded had bad flipper lag.
Said 'At Games is aware of this bug' - they have been for months.
The processor and graphic chip is clearly not powerful enough.
If he was to of said the flipper issue had been cured then I still may of been partially interested.
Do not spend £1599 on this.
I do not think I would buy a used one for half price, then install a PC.
But the Star Trek and AFM models do look good!
At least reviewer told the truth unlike the others.

Yeah Ive been following this, the Pinball FX games are unplayable at the minute. Theres some other content creators saying nonsense about replacing the flipper buttons and that fixes it, but they are all shills. Its broken- hopefully it can be patched.

I wanted to get it for easy pinball fx and the computer "OTG" mode but wont touch it as is.

That flipper lag is hilarious. I worked as a programmer in the video games industry for ten years, there would be no way I could have left that amount of lag between player input and critical on-screen behavior as the testing department would have bounced that back to me immediately, probably in less time than that flipper took to move.

Purely sloppy programming and a management that wants product shipped fast. They had plenty of time to add pointless visual gimmicks though.

So if Atgames has the dosh to pay for the Addams licence and knock these out, when are the full build replica tables due?

Yeah Ive been following this, the Pinball FX games are unplayable at the minute. Theres some other content creators saying nonsense about replacing the flipper buttons and that fixes it, but they are all shills. Its broken- hopefully it can be patched.

I wanted to get it for easy pinball fx and the computer "OTG" mode but wont touch it as is.
The system inside is not powerful enough.
Put make up on pig - it is still a pig.
You are basically paying £1600 for an averagly made box with an okay screen in it.
If you insist on buying one - I would put a pinscape KL25Z inside and use that. OTG'ing still goes thru the hardware.

Pinscape controller has less lag.

VPX is also a better bit of software to run.

Seriously - buy the screens and a kit 'vp cab' off the internet.

For £1599 you dont get a sub even.....

None of the electronics in these ATGAMES are really that good by the look of it. If they last 3 years I would be shocked.

Be wary of the AtGames Gottlieb games as issues not fixed in TPA have been ported across, and "hexagonal" posts have been introduced so its a mixed bag. Seems its generally the tables released earlier in TPA that are worse, a few like TX sector are OK.

Hello James @wilbers

I watched a bit of that but when I make a vpin it possibly has 3 Gottlieb games in it at a push. The games people want to play in the ATGAMES legend is the stuff that is out on Pinball FX3. MM, AFM, Fishtales, MB, ToM etc.

They clearly can not get a good enough performance out of the junk hardware they have put in, that does put out 4K as promised. 60fps. I could live with that. But the flipper lag is not going to get better without ripping out all the guts and putting in a PC.

The ATGAMES cab is probably worth £800 if you are going to rip out the brains and put in a PC. If you are going to change the main screen to get 120/144fps then the cab is worth even less.

I do not give two stuffs about the gottlieb stuff and the other games that are not even real pin tables.

Back
Top Bottom