What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Assorted JD questions | Removing a playfield from cabinet.

Wire forms. You can certainly powdercoat those 👌
Wonderful, cheers mate.

The chrome had spots of rust and I figured a bright colour will help lift the machine.

I'm really considering sorting out that backbox after seeing your fine work.

Personally I would give it a good scrub now but not go too overboard with the bling. Get it back together, play the life out of it, and in 6 months time give it a proper shop out. This will give you time to work out the specifics of what you want to do, research ideas, order parts, and work out what bits in the machine need extra attention (ie do I need to do a pop rebuild or not?).

If you shop it now you'll just be gagging to play it for 6-12 months.

Personally I would give it a good scrub now but not go too overboard with the bling. Get it back together, play the life out of it, and in 6 months time give it a proper shop out. This will give you time to work out the specifics of what you want to do, research ideas, order parts, and work out what bits in the machine need extra attention (ie do I need to do a pop rebuild or not?).

If you shop it now you'll just be gagging to play it for 6-12 months.

Cheers mate.

I've already pi55ed Mrs Gonzo off because she can't play it. 😬

It will certainly benefit from a good clean and a wax though and I want to be able to get to all the playfield and do the lamps whilst I'm at it.

The powder coating should only take a few days and however long comet take to ship so it should be back in not too long.

The powder coating should only take a few days and however long comet take to ship so it should be back in not too long.

All depends where you're getting your powders from. 🧐

Warning - this may complicate matters

All depends where you're getting your powders from. 🧐

Warning - this may complicate matters

[/URL]

Down the road mate.

I phoned the fella today and said, "I have a strange request".
When I told him he laughed and said he had a Bally Playboy at home and loved pinball.
He just told be to bring over as much as I want and he'll do a load of stuff for £40 . . . . I might take the legs too!

Down the road mate.

I phoned the fella today and said, "I have a strange request".
When I told him he laughed and said he had a Bally Playboy at home and loved pinball.
He just told be to bring over as much as I want and he'll do a load of stuff for £40 . . . . I might take the legs too!
Where is this? I don't think I'm far from you?

I powder coated legs and back box hinges satin black and they came out great. Like you say - pretty cheap too.

Personally - I like to keep the original look where possible - so maybe if you polished up the wire forms? If they’ve corroded you can get them plated again - It would be more expensive than powder coat, but would look like new again.

Metal plating and polishing companies are scattered around the country.

Enjoy the restore - very rewarding!

Thanks Jim, I did send you a message regarding another board and possible Rom.

Cheers mate

I powder coated legs and back box hinges satin black and they came out great. Like you say - pretty cheap too.

Personally - I like to keep the original look where possible - so maybe if you polished up the wire forms? If they’ve corroded you can get them plated again - It would be more expensive than powder coat, but would look like new again.

Metal plating and polishing companies are scattered around the country.

Enjoy the restore - very rewarding!

Thanks mate, it is definitely very rewarding.

I've ordered so much already including a lot of money spent with comet 😬although replacement parts for this one are harder to source.

The game is brilliant but it's very dark including the star posts which are black. I think powder coating will give the whole thing a bit of a lift and with a bit more light the fantastic artwork should really show up.

I've been told to get a flipper rebuild kit with 'bushings'.

Having looked at a couple of suppliers they don't seem to specify, is it standard with most kits does anyone know please? I have tried to ask a supplier directly but you have to register first and the registration isn't functioning.

Thanks in advance.

I've been told to get a flipper rebuild kit with 'bushings'.

Having looked at a couple of suppliers they don't seem to specify, is it standard with most kits does anyone know please? I have tried to ask a supplier directly but you have to register first and the registration isn't functioning.

Thanks in advance.

Pinball mania gives you the option when selecting kits I think. Worth changing them definitely

Stuff like that or if you cant work out what you need, I find if you just email Andy with something close to what you want he will know what you are after/need. One of the many reasons he‘s called The Legend

* Andy being the proprietor of pinball mania / pinparts

Stuff like that or if you cant work out what you need, I find if you just email Andy with something close to what you want he will know what you are after/need. One of the many reasons he‘s called The Legend

* Andy being the proprietor of pinball mania / pinparts
Cheers mate.

Funnily enough I had emailed Andy earlier this afternoon regarding a separate item . . . I have a lot of stuff being delivered this coming week from all over.

I wouldn't have thought of having the posts and powdering done in green, but seeing it I think it'll look good. Watch yourself with the metal guide rails leading to the main flippers, btw. If you haven't already found out, the top edges can be sharp, and they're just the right height to cut between fingers when cleaning them while fitted to the playfield.

I wouldn't have thought of having the posts and powdering done in green, but seeing it I think it'll look good. Watch yourself with the metal guide rails leading to the main flippers, btw. If you haven't already found out, the top edges can be sharp, and they're just the right height to cut between fingers when cleaning them while fitted to the playfield.

Thanks Jay.... it is quite hazardous in there that's for sure.

My comets have just arrived and I have most of the other bits so it should start going back together soon.

Back
Top Bottom