What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arcade 1UP Cabs - Tempest/Major Havoc

I have the Asteroids and Starwars (with riser) which is the better of the two IMO. Replaced the awful microswitch buttons on asteroids with leafies and its pretty great. They're great as long as you take them for what they are. Great addition to the mancave.
*disclaimer bragging rights not being cocky though* I have an original Dragon's Lair running a Sony lasermax ldp, but the Arcade 1up version with the three games does look tempting.

This looks cool and has the original segment score display stuff to. Retrofit a laser disc player into the riser? 😂😂 Never did find an original dragons lair cab...
There are a couple of lasergames groups on Facebook. An American Laser Games one and "Laserdisc Games". I'm on both.

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 23.47.04.png

I had an Atari DL, sold and now in Italy. I've a Cinematronics Space Ace, Space Ace inverted, DL Cine and a DL2. So yeah the 4 lasergames.

My Space Ace is SPOOKY. OOKY. :p

Wow great lineup. Mine's also Cine DL. I have a few SA laserdiscs and chipsets to stick in there too. Gotta say I do prefer the Atari beeps and buzzes over the cinematronics sounds.

Attachments

• DSC01744.JPG
    DSC01744.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 10
Jim not sure if you know but the led score is actually an app, you run on a phone and you need to insert that into the back panel.

Yeah i saw that after i posted my message. doh!! Shame, but if we could get these cabs here then i'd have a go at making some custom real score displays i think

Imagine if arcade 1up made full size cabs.... what a world it would be
I know right, i dont understand really why they dont just make 1:1 scale stuff and forget the risers. Cant be that much more expensive when they already have the supply of cheap mdf

Yeah i saw that after i posted my message. doh!! Shame, but if we could get these cabs here then i'd have a go at making some custom real score displays i think
I’m in the queue to get one when the become available in UK with help of a member of that “other” forum lol

I’m in the queue to get one when the become available in UK with help of a member of that “other” forum lol
I do hope we get a decent supply of newer titles over here for modding, but with all the global supply slowdowns its not looking great.

Managed to pick up a project star wars cab today, in need of some new electronics, but pretty much as new otherwise. Apparently the original embedded pcb worked for an hour then packed up and the guy had imported this from the states at a large cost!

IMG_9880.JPGIMG_9881.JPGIMG_9882.JPGIMG_9885.JPG

I just wish they had made them ful size , they just look odd at half size
In all honesty I’ve had full size cabs for years and in a home environment they actually work better aesthetically. I bought Gabe a MK version last Xmas and even the misses hasn’t batted an eyelid as it sits nicely in one corner of the living room without over imposing unlike the original.
in a big arcade or huge Gamesroom they can eat up the original retro cabs but in a home environment they just way out of place and command a huge chunk of real estate.

Yeah but played on the mm the other day in smiths toys , they are just too small if they did a jumbo version then yes.

I see a original cab as safe money but these things are just throwing cash away. But that’s just me
I've always approached most things arcade/pinball wise with an open mind and I see these more like cabaret cabs. Sure these things are cheaper, do need some tweaks/upgrades usually, but what doesnt? If we never looked and investigated other items, life would be very dull.

As col says space for most people is a big issue these days along with 'family life' so there's benefits for something less 'crusty' when you are married and want it to stay that way. Full size arcade cabs are often huge empty boxes! Also there is a big market growing in terms of modding and upgrading these which appeals to me and the technical side of things to. I hardly ever play anything these days anyway as its 24/7 repairs and new boards for other people , but i know first hand what a pita moving full size r-type and space firebird upright cabinets are!!

'Throwing cash away', unfortunately i'd have to disagree strongly with you on that.

it will be intresting to see if you can fix the broken gameboard Jim,or do you plan to use something else like a raspberry pi for emulation?

What about the input lag on those nasty LCDs though

They don’t look or feel like the games they are emulating, even if the cabs are a aesthetically pleasing.

Each to their own though, if you like them, don’t let me stop you!

Back
Top Bottom