What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone used LED bulbs in an EM machine?

Have used.

Generally they look pretty awful.

If games are left on for hours and hours then not a bad idea as hot bulbs melt plastics/damage backglass.

But for home use 47's are best.

Its funny, I was at the PHOF earlier this year and thought the EM's looked terrible with them in. I understand why they did it with all those machines to run and I guess they would fail less often but I would always use incandescent bulbs for GI, inserts, now that's a different story!

Its funny, I was at the PHOF earlier this year and thought the EM's looked terrible with them in. I understand why they did it with all those machines to run and I guess they would fail less often but I would always use incandescent bulbs for GI, inserts, now that's a different story!

Time told me it's entirely for the electric bill. Can't remember how much he said, but it was $$$ hundreds per month over 400+ machines in savings

Tried it on the playfield of my Hi Deal and immediately changed back - just looked all wrong. But I've put them (warm white) in the backbox, I can't see any difference in appearance but I believe their cool running helps to protect the backglass from stressing and then peeling.

Just read a good article on the pinball ninja webzine. He talks about the annoying flicker that sometimes you get when using leds on cpu controlled lamps.
The cpu needs to see a load on the circuit which is normally provided by an incandescent #44 type lamp but not from a low power led.
The solution solder a 470 ohm resistor across the lamp holder to give it a bit of load.
Seemed to work a treat.

Back
Top Bottom