What's new

Anyone dabble at camera repairs ?

Crewey

Site Supporter
We have a back-up Olympus OM-D E-M1 body which has developed the well known (clicking/ticking) issue when turning on the camera, only responds going into USB storage mode plugged into a computer.
Olympus told us they no longer repair this model, and 3rd party repairers have said even if they can it's a minimum £150-180. With 2nd hand ones coming with a 6 month warranty at £180 from LCE that seems a false economy.

The 30% discount offer from Olympus to recycle the camera is redundant for us, as their online store seems extortionately priced as it is.

As this is only a backup camera does anyone fancy a dabble at repairing for some beer tokens ?

Thanks
Andy

Is there a 'hard reset' or 'factory reset' option.

A pal of mine who sells a lot of cameras says that is what he has to do with his personal olumpus about once a month.

Is there a 'hard reset' or 'factory reset' option.

A pal of mine who sells a lot of cameras says that is what he has to do with his personal olumpus about once a month.
Doesn’t turn on mate, just the ticking sound. Done all the button start up combos and I’ve also tried doing the sdcard flash trick but it’s unresponsive.

Only a USB plugged into a computer opens up the device usage menu to choose storage.

Back
Top Bottom