What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone dabble at camera repairs ?

Crewey

Site Supporter
We have a back-up Olympus OM-D E-M1 body which has developed the well known (clicking/ticking) issue when turning on the camera, only responds going into USB storage mode plugged into a computer.
Olympus told us they no longer repair this model, and 3rd party repairers have said even if they can it's a minimum £150-180. With 2nd hand ones coming with a 6 month warranty at £180 from LCE that seems a false economy.

The 30% discount offer from Olympus to recycle the camera is redundant for us, as their online store seems extortionately priced as it is.

As this is only a backup camera does anyone fancy a dabble at repairing for some beer tokens ?

Thanks
Andy

Is there a 'hard reset' or 'factory reset' option.

A pal of mine who sells a lot of cameras says that is what he has to do with his personal olumpus about once a month.

Is there a 'hard reset' or 'factory reset' option.

A pal of mine who sells a lot of cameras says that is what he has to do with his personal olumpus about once a month.
Doesn’t turn on mate, just the ticking sound. Done all the button start up combos and I’ve also tried doing the sdcard flash trick but it’s unresponsive.

Only a USB plugged into a computer opens up the device usage menu to choose storage.

Back
Top Bottom