What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone buying a Full Throttle?

I'm with snot, If Alien turns out to be good it will be very hard to resist. Have they said if they will do a 2 game package? Alien plus Full Throttle kit, what would that be, £7k? ( not LE obviously ).

So....did anyone buy one in the UK? Theres a photo of one up on Instagram of the 'only one located onsite', they also say that only 21 were made. Does anyone know if this is true?

11 customer games delivered so far, 2 of which are in the UK. 5 additional games produced for our own purposes.

8 more games going out in the next 1.5 weeks.

44 more games about to be built, followed by another 31 ... then another 100 planned for November.

Hope this answers your question.

11 customer games delivered so far, 2 of which are in the UK. 5 additional games produced for our own purposes.

44 more games about to be built, followed by another 31 ... then another 100 planned for November.

Well done Andrew. Has the official price for add on kits been announced? I think I remember 2 to 2.5k being mentioned?

Andrew Heighway, I take my hat off to you sir. You could be on the cusp of something fantastic

"5 additional games produced for our own purposes"
I really really hope this is for siting in the major cities of the UK for exposure. If it is, then you can expect to get pinheads' word of mouth as marketing. Most problems I saw earlier are now fixed - front corners no longer painful; back box no longer glaring; still the occasional airball but these things will all be fixed. It's your first game. And as someone said above, a new Full Throttle may turn out to be a valuable commodity in ten years when everyone is enjoying playing Alien and Circe and whatever else you have lined up.

/high five

Last edited:
Can i also say well done to Andrew. It takes real guts to set up any business venture. Designing and making a pinball from scratch is bl@@dy difficult

I met Andrew at the ukpp, looked round the factory, saw the Alien snippets, played on full throttle in the tournament. I was impressed. Sure, i could make suggestions on how i might change full throttle but i enjoyed playing it. I've got ideas on how to change Funhouse too. But when faced with the ability to choose from dozens of pinball machines, I went back for more full throttle.

Folk must understand that this was a first game out of a long lead time, design heavy, capital intensive industry. Providing the necessary capital is there to fund the business, in all likelihood subsequent games will be greatly improved through learning, experience, courage and the ability to pull in new team members who weren't brave enough to join in the startup years. Some great people want to pay their mortgages so they simply will not touch a start-up, but they will join a business with more of a track record

Just look at a car companies like hyundai and kia and how their cars were once lacking so much. Now they are completely transformed and up there with the rest. This occurs progressively with your subsequent models

It is hard to think of a better pinball concept than Alien for example, the planned second game, so this shows that there could be a fantastic trajectory here. Stern is far from perfect. There have been examples of quality issues, dodgy themes, iffy artwork, low quality printed plastics,inadequate software etc etc so we know that the competition is fallible

For the sceptics, it is easy to look at every new venture and see pitfalls everywhere. More new businesses fail than succeed. So as a betting man, you bet against new ventures succeeding. Luckily some folk are brave enough to carry on regardless, it is how the UK once became a global economic superpower, but not many of us are left with that spirit.

UK motorbike manufacturing was a disaster. From clear global leader to ground zero in about 30 years. But one guy had the bottle to buy the Triumph name. Built a factory from scratch in Leicestershire. Now producing superb bikes, more reliable than BMW. Turnover is hundreds of millions. It can be done

Thats great Andrew! Looks like production is really kicking in to gear. Do you know if any are being sited in the UK? I'm sure a lot of people would like to play one 'in the wild'. @Heighway Pinball

Great to hear updates on Heighway Pinball.
Wonder if one of the five (produced for own purpose) is my Christmas pressie for being a jolly nice chap ???

Thanks for all of the positive comments guys - they mean a lot.

As for siting of UK games - we have some big plans for the coming months, but I haven't had a chance to move them forwards yet.

We have had some discussions with big players in the industry and want as many of our games out on location here as possible. Once we start pushing them out onto location, we will let you all know.

I'm really keen to play it, just haven't been able to get out 'n' about to events much recently (bloody kids!).
Stern really haven't innovated enough since B/W's demise, so any new technology entering the market place is a win/win for players.

Well done Andrew and a big thank you for taking the time to keep us up to date. It's important that we get the facts on a topic like this so we don't descend into hopeless speculation and useless hearsay. It's a great game so please try and get as many as you can out to as many shows as you can! I know the East Anglian Pinball Show - Ely would love to host a Full Throttle for its 2016 charity event! We may be small but we are grass roots!

www.eapse.simplesite.com

That is very cool, they didn't mention that you will have to update the software too via USB/wifi but the point is well made about how easy it is. I wonder if the system can store the software for different games once it has been uploaded once so then selectable?

From what I understand, it loads the game off a USB drive so you have a separate one for each playfield. Please correct me if I'm way off on this

I wonder can you run Alien with the full throttle code (or vise versa,just for ****z and gigglez)?
Or is there some sort of security dongle that goes with the playfields ?

I wonder can you run Alien with the full throttle code (or vise versa,just for ****z and gigglez)?
Or is there some sort of security dongle that goes with the playfields ?
I would imagine you could, its probably running on python.

nice footage, Sgt you can beat that non stop playing record, did the guy get to 48 hours ?

The guy last week set broke the Guiness record of 28 hrs, think he may have done 36 in the end ??

I could beat that ;) If I had known it was 'only' 28 back when I did my charity 24 I would have gone for it :rolleyes:
How well were you playing by the end of it? I find I go right off when I'm tired and spend more time watching the ball roll down the drain lol! The late night session at the UKPP was great but I was absolutely knackered by then and didn't really know what I was doing!

Back
Top Bottom