What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone buying a Full Throttle?

johnwhitfield

Site Supporter
Alias
John Whitfield
Didn't want to post this in the other thread as in my mind there are two issues
1) The fantastic news that a UK pin company is actually rolling into production :clap:
2) Will anyone here put their hand in their pockets and buy one?:oops:

The only way I can see #2 happening for me would be if Aliens turns out to be a killer game and if it then made financial sense to go back to the earlier game as a swap over.

I remember a while back Andy mentioned a special deal for ops that he was working on. I'm wondering if he'll start operating 20 or so of these machines himself. In a lot of ways that would make real sense as it would bring in revenue, increase exposure and presumably be viable as the machines would be at cost rather than retail price.

So any of us in the queue for one?

Hoping to see one in a pub in the near future.

I love the theme having a love of MotoGP and riding bikes, loved the game when I played it, loved the fact it's British.

can Andy please explain to me why I don't get it cheaper than the U.S.

I love the theme having a love of MotoGP and riding bikes, loved the game when I played it, loved the fact it's British.

Tax? I'm sure the UK price includes VAT and the US price excludes applicable sales tax. Will likely end up cheaper for UK buyers/about the same? Seem's pretty fair?

Full Throttle was great fun to play when i saw it last, i'd definitely put money in it if i ever saw one.
no NIBs for me though.

Its only dearer in UK due to Tax.

A standard machine is £4550 in uk minus 20% vat = £3640
A standard machine is $6000 in USA minus 9.25 sales tax for Chicage = $5415 or £3661.50 at todays ex rate.

I also believe that the sales tax is on top of that price not included in the $6000 which would then make it $6555 or £4432.78 which is £117.22 cheaper than in UK, whcih would be nearly covered by paying for the whole machine in one go (£100 discount)

So blame our government not Mr Heighway

He's huffed that no one turned up to his last minute launch so he's only advertising this on Pinside now

To be fair, he did offer FT at a discount to UK buyers at last year's Pinball Party...don't think that wil be repeated though.

I'm very tempted by Alien.
Looking forward to the Alien update on Friday.

I'll be honest I don't care how long it takes to come to production, the longer the better if that's what it takes to get it right, such a great theme.

He's huffed that no one turned up to his last minute launch so he's only advertising this on Pinside now

Remember seeing that. He had a hissy fit because not many turned up to his, as you say "last minute launch" at The Pipeline which just happened to be a couple of days after the gaming show which quite a lot of pinheads attended so would already have seen FT plus was this the official launch, or the official official launch or the official official official launch as it had already been wheeled out or should I say wheeled in at the pinball party?

Would it not have made more sense to have had smaller regional launches than expect everybody to tip their cap and travel to London?

I debated whether to post again and defend myself, or just leave.

But I will defend myself again.

When we had events at the UKPP - we were revealing where we were up to that point. They were never official launches. There was just one - at the Pipeline - and I clearly got that wrong. At this point, do I blame people for not turning up? No, I blame myself.

Ewan Meadows? He will do everything he can to slate me and my company. He truly is destructive of UK pinball. Ask yourself if you think he would be a model employee? I'll let you decide. I won't say anymore, because there is an NDA between us - which he repeatedly ignores and this will catch up with him one day

Don't leave! Stick around. Most people are super happy for you. And getting some updates here 'straight from the horses mouth' would be great.

To answer the original question - I have never bought a NIB but it is on my bucket list so I will do one day. Just waiting for a game to come out that I just cannot resist. Full Throttle will not be it just because the theme is not my cup of tea. The game looks great though and I hope I get to play it at some point soon.
Alien is a killer theme though! Who doesn't love Alien? So I am very interested in finding out more about that.

I think Alien is going to hurt Full Throttle sales, which is a shame because we really need to support Andy's company and get Heighway off to a flying start. Might be a good idea to keep future models tightly under wraps, the way Apple do. Or Stern kind of.

It's kind of annoying too - the whole internet has been crying about lack of original themes from manufacturers, then the very moment one comes out, no one gives a crap. Stupid people!

I like both the Full Throttle and Alien themes and would consider buying both of them NIB. I haven't had a chance to play either yet though and this is something I would want to do before blowing a chunk of cash on a game I might not like to play. I'm not the kind of person to pre-order something that I haven't seen hoping it will turn out alright. I'm sure I'll get a chance soon though and who knows one may end up being my first new machine. It's really nice to see an original theme table come to market for a change, shame there's not more of them.

It's kind of annoying too - the whole internet has been crying about lack of original themes from manufacturers, then the very moment one comes out, no one gives a crap. Stupid people!

So true. I guess it was easier for Williams and co. to do unlicensed themes because without breaking a sweat they could usually sell 5000 units at a minimum to operators, whereas Stern don't usually go past 1000 at best (if I heard right).

When we had events at the UKPP - we were revealing where we were up to that point. They were never official launches. There was just one - at the Pipeline - and I clearly got that wrong. At this point, do I blame people for not turning up? No, I blame myself.

Andy, (@Heighway Pinball)

You have no need to "defend yourself".

I think you will find there are a LOT of people here who are in support of what you have done, Myself included. Granted in the past I have had issues with the price differential, however as it stands at present, there isn't one, so Kudos to you for that :)

All i would ask is that, where people add constructive criticism, you listen to (which you have already proved that you can and do), and not to cut off part of a larger community (not just this place) which once you were part of.

We are proud of what you have achieved :) I hope you are too, and continue to be :)

Paul

I debated whether to post again and defend myself, or just leave.

But I will defend myself again.

Ewan Meadows? He will do everything he can to slate me and my company. He truly is destructive of UK pinball. Ask yourself if you think he would be a model employee? I'll let you decide. I won't say anymore, because there is an NDA between us - which he repeatedly ignores and this will catch up with him one day

You shouldn't take it to heart that's the trouble when your passionate about something

I have no problem at all with constructive criticism Paul - I welcome it. I have made many changes to our product following suggestions and criticisms.

I am also thick-skinned, or I wouldn't have started up a pinball company.

But I get very worked up if people accuse me of trying to rip people off.

Shame you can't get the predator licence now a kick ass one along side aliens would really be awesome no avp though that never existed lol

Build an all new Predator game, with no links to the old one. Once a few Heighway games are out there they will have some serious credibility, and could make that a reality.

Harry Potter also. We know JK wants everything 'made in Britain'. If anyone stands a chance of getting that license, it's Heighway. Too bad that IP is on its way down now though.

stick around Andy, we just put the price thing to bed already, the numbers speak for themselves, and as you rightly said, the difference is down to tax differences between countries.
so nobody now here anymore thinks you're trying to rip anyone off. we are your home country team. if you were competing in an event in the Olympics (let's be honest, it wouldn't be the 100m, so let's say the shot put for a man of your, ahem, build) you'd want the British and English and Welsh and Irish flags waving and the people cheering for you, right?

i must be the only one here who is more interested in Full Throttle than in the one you are gonna end up calling "Alien(s)" to stop people asking if it's Alien or Aliens. FTh reminds me of Getaway, and that wasn't licensed either.

stick around for more of this:

gif another girl bouncing her boobs up and down.gif gif cute zoo girl bouncing boobs again.gif gif Keith Elwin tripledrain.gif

and maybe also this

No one answered the question?....who's buying?

Which recent original has been any good though Pete that we've had chance to play? Americas Most Haunted? Juicy melons? I can't think of anymore right now. Circe would've topped both of those for ideas & just seemed like a decent theme to me. Like a softer Big bang bar.

Back
Top Bottom