What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any N64, GameCube or Dreamcast buffs on here?

Monkeyboypaul

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul G
Hi,
Got a few boxes of stuff I’m working through - this one contains some older consoles.
Anyone offer any advice on value or prices?

Dreamcast & games:
7B37F8A5-030F-4620-A589-E234BC2B9E38.jpeg
(Soul Caliber is the case that isn’t easily readable)

Gamecubes & games:
4CA788B5-CB10-4484-8491-4BBA4EE3C1FE.jpeg
Also got 2x Animal Crossing, Mario party 4 and Monkeyball2 discs only, no boxes or manuals.

N64’s & games (1 console has red expansion pack):
8A4AB390-168F-4114-8123-75383BF1C0A3.jpegC78D3BE5-CD7E-43F3-BCDE-020A63347C5E.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Also 2 copies of GoldenEye, DK64 and Zelda OOT. Perfect Dark is great condition!
I wish they’d release Lylat wars on Switch - loved that game.

All cables and numerous controllers are in another box - fairly sure it’s all there.

Any tips gratefully appreciated.

Hard to say on value at present, seems like most things to be all over the place, do you have any idea of what you would like to see back on it all,

Hard to say on value at present, seems like most things to be all over the place, do you have any idea of what you would like to see back on it all,
honestly - no idea!

Just lots of fun and escapism over the years is contained in those boxes... :rolleyes:

Hi Paul, (Dreamcast and GameCube) both console prices have shot up in the last year or so. I’ve never collected for either but did sell all my N64 stuff three years ago. You’ll get good money for the boxed games- I remember selling an empty Mario Kart 64 box for £20. EBay auction is your best bet- make sure it ends just after pay day
Hi,
Got a few boxes of stuff I’m working through - this one contains some older consoles.
Anyone offer any advice on value or prices?

Dreamcast & games:
View attachment 133272
(Soul Caliber is the case that isn’t easily readable)

Gamecubes & games:
View attachment 133273
Also got 2x Animal Crossing, Mario party 4 and Monkeyball2 discs only, no boxes or manuals.

N64’s & games (1 console has red expansion pack):
View attachment 133274View attachment 133275
View attachment 133276
View attachment 133277
Also 2 copies of GoldenEye, DK64 and Zelda OOT. Perfect Dark is great condition!
I wish they’d release Lylat wars on Switch - loved that game.

All cables and numerous controllers are in another box - fairly sure it’s all there.

Any tips gratefully appreciated.
I used to collect for N64’s- people would buy good condition boxes for £30 depending on the title. Rough guesses Paul as I sold all mine three years ago:

Mario Tennis- £20
Perfect Dark Boxed- £25
Did Kong £25-£30
Fzero x- £20
Zelda Majora’s Mask- £50
Zelda OOT- £30-£40

never collected for Game Cube or Dreamcast but prices for both have gone up

Don’t know what happened there Paul- phone crashed so you got two replies. Hope the info is helpful

I just sold a SNES, GBA, Atari Lynx etc to a guy on Facebook Marketplace who buys this stuff. Gave me a very fair price, basically what stuff was finishing at on eBay. Can put you in touch if you like.

Ooh, can I grab his details please. I've got a few old consoles (SNES, megadrive, game cube, n64 and probably others) and loads of boxed games. Keep meaning to get it all listed on fleabay but if I can punt it to one bloke quickly and hassle free that's got to be better.

Ooh, can I grab his details please. I've got a few old consoles (SNES, megadrive, game cube, n64 and probably others) and loads of boxed games. Keep meaning to get it all listed on fleabay but if I can punt it to one bloke quickly and hassle free that's got to be better.
Will PM you

I sold a bit of my console stuff last year. I don’t think there is anything of super value there, but it’ll add up as you’ve kept it in good condition.

Surprise sales for me were Conkets Bad Fur Day for £100 and unbelievably someone bought my GameCube component video cable for £170 and was super chuffed about it!

I sold a bit of my console stuff last year. I don’t think there is anything of super value there, but it’ll add up as you’ve kept it in good condition.

Surprise sales for me were Conkets Bad Fur Day for £100 and unbelievably someone bought my GameCube component video cable for £170 and was super chuffed about it!
Conker’s was great - sold that a few years ago for £60, cart only, to a guy in Oz.
REZ on the Dreamcast also sold well - that needs a Switch version.

I sold my mint condition copy of Smash Bros (N64) on eBay (maybe 6 years ago) for £105. If you have a fairly rare title with and crisp box then people pay crazy money for games.

I have bulk sold some of my old video game stuff to these guys - hassle free good experience each time even paying more than quoted. I cherry picked out any that they quoted high (like Sega Genesis Musha) for individual sale.
https://www.chilloutgames.co.uk/

I remember it was my 15th Birthday and I had saved up all my paper round money and all my birthday money to buy a Gamecube (birthday was 26 days after launch), and a copy of Rogue Squadron. I also picked up Boxcar Racer - Boxcar Racer that day too. Man, so many great memories.

I sold my mint condition copy of Smash Bros (N64) on eBay (maybe 6 years ago) for £105. If you have a fairly rare title with and crisp box then people pay crazy money for games.
And I won an ebay auction in 2011 for £5.65 for it, but then I sold games back in the day for £5 that are now worth silly money too!

It's strange with retro games, 16bit and earlier has shot up in price, with the newer consoles currently in that process, ever increasing.

I sold about 90 snes games to my mate for £200- most were boxed (before retro games collecting got silly). I’d lose sleep if I thought of what I’d get for some of them these days - had Sunset Riders, Turtles in time, Final Fight etc all minty. Happy with my modded snes mini nowadays- next best thing I suppose and the pads are a pretty close reproduction.

Last edited:
I sold about 90 snes games to my mate for £200- most were boxed (before retro games collecting got silly). I’d lose sleep if I thought of what I’d get for some of them these days - had Sunset Riders, Turtles in time, Final Fight etc all minty. Happy with my modded snes mini nowadays- next best thing I suppose and the pads are a pretty close reproduction.
I know where you're coming from. I had a Japanese Megadrive with about 90-95 boxed games with manuals including Gleylancer, Musha Aleste, Maximum Carnage etc. They go for silly money now. Sold off cheap when I split with my ex as couldn't take it with me. Mega cd with shed loads of games as well.
Still not as bad as my gran giving away my Star Wars collection to the local kids playgroup. That was my deposit for a house gone....

I know the feeling all to well had a n64 in a perfect box about 25 games for it all in perfect boxes expansion pack ,conkers bad fur day ,golden eye,zelda ocarina in time which was a gold cartridge I think a cousin brung it back from Australia for me and I sold it all down the pub one Saturday afternoon about 12 years ago for £80 next day the fella came to pick it up I've never felt so bad handing something over in my life but had to honour it as I wouldn't of heard the end of it from my mates so the morale is don't sit in a pub full of the drink boasting about all the old consoles you've got up the loft that's never going to see the light of day in earshot of a total stranger who just so happens to love collecting these things ha ha.

I've read from a number of sources that they reckon Wii U games will be highly sought after in years to come due to generally poor sales and (at the time) underrated titles.

But won't they all be ported over to Switch by then? I bought a WiiU last year, with a few games, but mostly the Nintendo titles that are being ported. I use it as our way to play Wii and WiiU games, but with HDMI out :)

I really wish StarFox wasn't so hard to control - looks epic.

Last edited:
I bought a Wii u recently- it’s a good little system with lots of excellent first party games. My kids think they’ve got a switch now so everyone’s happy- especially as the games are cheap (currently). Still struggling to get a copy of Game and Wario for a reasonable price- some titles will definitely be hard to find in the future. The price of official Wii U pro controllers is getting nuts- new ones go for as much as the console

But won't they all be ported over to Switch by then? I bought a WiiU last year, with a few games, but mostly the Nintendo titles that are being ported. I use it as our way to play Wii and WiiU games, but with HDMI out :)

I really wish StarFox wasn't so hard to control - looks epic.
Zelda Twilight Princess was released for both the Gamecube and the Wii. I haven't seen current prices but there was a time when the Gamecube version was passing hands for huge sums of money.

I think in the short term it does affect prices but in the long I don't think it will. I was able to sell my copy of Streets of Rage 3 for the Sega Mega Drive for £70 odd pounds, on eBay, despite the game being available on the Sage Mega Drive collection game on PS3 and Xbox 360.

Last edited:
Zelda Twilight Princess was released for both the Gamecube and the Wii. I haven't seen current prices but there was a time when the Gamecube version was passing hands for huge sums of money.
You'd think as the technically inferior version it'd be less desirable, but i guess it's scarcity driving prices.

This talk of Twilight Princess is annoying me as i KNOW i have it somewhere, just like I know i have Skyward Sword, but for the life of me I can't find them!!!

You'd think as the technically inferior version it'd be less desirable, but i guess it's scarcity driving prices.

This talk of Twilight Princess is annoying me as i KNOW i have it somewhere, just like I know i have Skyward Sword, but for the life of me I can't find them!!!
You can download them on the Wii U e shop. Don’t own a Switch but am fairly certain it’s pro pad changed the 2nd analogue stock placement and buttons around on the right side. Think I’m gonna buy an 8bit-Do with a WiiU adapter- cheaper and can use them with a many other consoles and a PI.

aren't they exactly the same as the switch one? I could be way off here
Having owned both unfortunately not, I believe you need an adaptor to use the Wii U one. Tech differences like NFC reader & screenshot button, cosmetically I preferred the Wii U shiny piano finish and neat blue LEDs that indicated battery strength when disconnected. The Switch Pro is my goto though closely followed by 8bitdo.

Back
Top Bottom