What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Insane Hardware Project - Bally S & T Sound Board - Gordon's Alive!

Holy Cow! I just assembled one of these and plugged onto my new s&t board. Wow! The effects and adjustment range are even better than i thought they would be!! :) :)

Here's a few more pics of assembly and install in my Elektra. Some test vids coming shortly. Price for assembled and tested boards are £40 inc. VAT plus postage. All built to order. Please contact me directly if you would like one. I will be adding a product option on to my web page shortly to.

IMG_3986.jpg IMG_3984.jpg IMG_3985.jpg IMG_3987.jpg IMG_3989.JPG

Just spent an hour assembling my effects board collected from Jim on the weekend. I requested it in kit form so I could enjoy soldering it myself. Easy to do as long as you have a decent soldering iron and steady hand. Works a treat in my Centaur .

2015-10-14 16.01.43.jpg

Batch 2 pcb blanks should arrive tomorrow all being well then assembly will start up again.

How much are they Jim? I may need a couple!

Assembled & tested boards remain at £150 inc. vat plus postage for now, though not sure for how long. BOM costs are rising.

ROM sets are £20 inc. vat though you can use your originals if you want to

Echo/Reverb boards are £40 inc. vat

Yesterday someone contacted me regarding getting this board redesign to work with the Midway game 'Discs of Tron' I will admit that i didn't really know much about this game as i am mainly a pinball guy with a love for the early Nintendo arcade upright cabs and games (as shown on my space firebird thread :))

So last night i spent a little time studying the schematics and burring a new set of roms to try out in one of my boards. Here are the results :) The boards i'm making can easily be adapted to run in these games i think and i will make some further improvements on the next batch of boards for true plug and play if they are something that would be popular for this game to.

Enjoy! "Bring in the Logic Probe!"

The video shows boot up and a boot sound along with the speech and sound tests from the boards hardware. The speech test goes through each speech call in turn. The sound test is at the end of the speech tests and plays 1 effect to confirm operation. The board then reboots. Common problems with original boards are missing and dead speech or sound sections along with poor quality and scratchy sound.

I may post another video later with some of the sound effects playing on my 8ball deluxe pinball to

This is what it means when making replacement sound boards for old games to a worldwide audience. Investing in unobtanium ics for future products and putting 'your money where your mouth is'. Building up my Tms5200 speech chips stock so I can continue to offer completely populated boards for the next 50. Bring it on!

image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom