What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andy's pearls of wisdom

pinballmania

Site Supporter
So servicing an Adams family and found this under the swamp kick out.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380305826.298635.jpg

So for the last 17 years, the kick out has the wrong coil in, resulting in the ball being thrown through the flippers at great speed.

Took the mech apart, and found this.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380305974.799087.jpg

If you have a kicker and can see the plunger on both sides of the coil , then your coil must have a sleeve with a flange to locate in the coil bracket at both ends. If not the plunger rubs against the brackets and causes loss of power and mechanical wear.

What does Mark have to say for himself?
Must have made multiball a bit of a disappointment if a minimum of two balls drain immediately.

IMG_2302.JPG Hanging a key here is not a good idea. This one caused intermittent ground shorts on a switch row, and played havoc with Thing.

Gotta love a bodge...haha. Good stuff Andy.

Gotta love Class of 1812 too. The start of multiball cracks me up everytime. Bok, Bok BOKAAA!!!

No time to remove the board?
No worries, just float the components in.
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_18_ydu6eda7.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_18_suhe4abe.jpg

hahahahaha

OK I've seen this a few times where someone cuts the component off from the top and tries to solder it one from the top of the board, but I have never seen it before with little extension wires!

Someone needs their soldering iron licence revoked here!

There’s a Big Guns down Southport Pier.
One of the coils near the top of the playfield has obviously stopped working.
The fix?
Get some black pvc sticky tape and stick it to the playfield to stop any balls landing in associated sink-hole. Job done. It must have taken a while because there’s *loads* of the stuff.

interesting, the switch is actually physically attached to the lockdown bar receiver (or whatever it's called) - also used apparently as an impromptu earth for that big fat metal screw thing. kudos to him btw for his inventiveness. just hope the person playing wasn't barefooted, or essentially anyone touching the machine was the earth conductor.

or maybe i saw it wrong, but that's what i was looking at

My Aerobatics has the same thing, a ball sits in the channel and rolls up and down to activate the tilt switch.

The roll cage has a slotted screw hole so that it can be adjusted to suit the incline of the machine. In any case, games with a roll tilt also had a pendulum tilt anyway.

Last edited:
Holy Mushroom soup Batman. Surely someone hammered that plunger?
I'm not sure, never seen one that bad before but I haven't had that many machines. I guess if the plastic tip comes out then the metal that is left is pretty thin.

That things had a hard life, for a long time looking how mushroomed it is.

Back
Top Bottom