What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andy Backhouse and my Ebay feedback

DAD

Site Supporter
Alias
David Dutton
Been selling a few items on Ebay recently and I happened to look at the feedback comments I've received – not something I normally do as I'm not a big Ebay seller

I had to laugh when I found the only negative comment I’ve ever had in my whole time using Ebay, alongside 175 positive comments, was from Mr Backhouse – I’m sure you can spot it in the list.

It has to be said that Mr Backhouse’s description of what he was selling was entirely inaccurate. They were described in the listing as Gottlieb 30” (sic) legs in excellent condition. Turned out they were Bally Williams 28 ½ “ legs, and when I later tried to use them it turned out one of them had stripped threads and so would not take a leveller. He also charged me for Royal Mail 48hr delivery but then sent them by Hermes who left them dumped outside our house in the rain when we were away for 5 days.

When I took it up with him he said he hadn’t inspected the legs but had “assumed” that as they had come with a Royal Flush he was restoring they would be the longer Gottlieb legs (in fact Royal Flush actually takes 27” legs anyway, so that would never be right).

He asked me to revise my negative feedback as it would damage his business, and was still unhappy after I raised it to 4* after he offered me a refund (which I didn't take since I didn't want to get into an argument about postage charges).

All the correspondence from him was of course rude and aggressive, with his trademark SHOUTY CAPITALS

All this chimes with another much more serious issue I had had previously with him under a different Ebay name (I hadn’t realised Deals-Are-Me was him when I ordered the legs or I wouldn’t have bothered)

As they say – BUYER BEWARE.

Attachments

• Feedback profile.pdf
    159.3 KB · Views: 99
I’m more interested in the P5 Rovers😂 I used to be into P6 V8’s and did loads to them, had a rear blowout on the M40 near High Wycombe at about 140 twenty odd years ago and will never forget it😖

He must be desperate for the money, loads of people about who don’t give a flying ***k like this.

Ummm where the heck did you find that??

That headmaster is obviously a) a dodgy judge of character or b) the kind of person who copy pastes his referrals

Facebook June 24 mr Backhouse’s reply to someone he’d obviously ****ed off.

Look what I have just found See Mr Coate I am " Honest" "Intelligent" and "helpful" and that is offishall Just goes to show how I woz brunged up!😊

Brunged up that well he can’t spell official 😂

Facebook June 24 mr Backhouse’s reply to someone he’d obviously ****ed off.

Look what I have just found See Mr Coate I am " Honest" "Intelligent" and "helpful" and that is offishall Just goes to show how I woz brunged up!😊

Brunged up that well he can’t spell official 😂

Brilliant.

Which reminds me. If any of you scumbags have beef with me in the future, you can take a look at this little note my girlfriend wrote me in primary school.

1593777706417.png

I rest my case.

David you could have had a full refund (including postage both ways) by opening an eBay case. Photo of tape measure against legs and its not even buyers word against sellers word, but an open and shut case.
Thanks, but I couldn't be bothered with the hassle TBH, and I thought I would make use of them somewhere - that was before I discovered the stripped thread

Well my wife who has no interest whatsoever in pinballs or the comings and goings of this group just asked me what I was smiling at.
I related at length what’s gone on in the past with Mr Backhouse and fellow members and showed her the headmasters letter. Having read it she replied “well things change in 50 yrs,“ “probably Harold Shipmans headmaster wrote a similar letter about him” 🤔

Thanks, but I couldn't be bothered with the hassle TBH, and I thought I would make use of them somewhere - that was before I discovered the stripped thread

Him posting negative comment against a positive feedback to you (his only choice as seller) is against Ebay rules and you can get it removed if you report it to Ebay David, He'll also get a record of doing this against his membership and one of those automated Ebay emails telling him he's been a naughty boy... might be worth doing just to annoy him. What a nutter anyway....

He'll be along shortly under one of his pseudonyms to tell us that he bought an Addams Family pin table from a chap called Andy Backhouse a few years ago and he seemed a lovely fella. Does a lot of work for charity.
So did Jimmy Saville🤫

I’m more interested in the P5 Rovers😂 I used to be into P6 V8’s and did loads to them, had a rear blowout on the M40 near High Wycombe at about 140 twenty odd years ago and will never forget it😖

He must be desperate for the money, loads of people about who don’t give a flying ***k like this.

This was my P5B

Attachments

• Rover P5B last 1997006.jpg
    Rover P5B last 1997006.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 36
The vilest, most disgusting excuse of a man I've ever had the displeasure of speaking with. Don't worry, he's one here somewhere. He may of had 5 profiles deleted already but he's lurking somewhere..... I can almost smell the anger, homophobia and sexism that he radiates

Pretty sure I know one of his new profiles. Reminds me of the film Raising Cain with all these different personalities.

This was my P5B
Very nice, great number too👍
Friend who owned a garage had a mint one, love the smell of the leather.

These pics are 30 plus/minus years!

Red 2.2TC when I was 18, that’s my now wife in there at Crantock, Newquay. Note the Playboy sticker🤣

Green one I got when I was 19, 3500S. I just had sprayed as my dad was using it and someone hit it but did me a favour as I wanted to restore it anyway.
I put a high compression V8 engine and 5 speed box from a Rover SDi ex police car with a 4 barrel Holley carb etc.
That was in the South Acton estate W London where I grew up, just see my mum at the window.
Happy simple days.

Attachments

• 52DE7CCB-8E65-450B-B5B3-887F6DB729F2.jpeg
    52DE7CCB-8E65-450B-B5B3-887F6DB729F2.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 3D630744-9282-4BA9-B412-1A20B90A1F79.jpeg
    3D630744-9282-4BA9-B412-1A20B90A1F79.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 3F63AF4C-2D24-4F2E-8F31-D8A85738F1B5.jpeg
    3F63AF4C-2D24-4F2E-8F31-D8A85738F1B5.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 36

Red 2.2TC when I was 18, that’s my now wife in there at Crantock, Newquay. Note the Playboy sticker🤣

Green one I got when I was 19, 3500S. I just had sprayed as my dad was using it and someone hit it but did me a favour as I wanted to restore it anyway.
I put a high compression V8 engine and 5 speed box from a Rover SDi ex police car with a 4 barrel Holley carb etc.
That was in the South Acton estate W London where I grew up, just see my mum at the window.
Happy simple days.

Very smart.
The P6 was a lovely car, and an amazing (and I think brave) leap from the P5 and the P4.
Rover was a very innovative company in those days, and that 3.5 litre engine was a real classic

Happy simple days.

Had a Silver Vauxhall Victor 2.3 around then. Dog of a car.
Parked up and went to work.
Came back and found it had rolled down the hill and was leaning against a lightpost.

Very smart.
The P6 was a lovely car, and an amazing (and I think brave) leap from the P5 and the P4.
Rover was a very innovative company in those days, and that 3.5 litre engine was a real classic
Yeah I loved them back then, must of changed every part of the car. Even the roof was bolt on, I changed the roof on that green one for one with a nice full length Webasto😎
Think the Rover V8 was a copy of the Buick version. Great engine. I blew a few diffs and they were a right pain to change as it had inboard brakes, not good jacked up in a council estate doing that. Things I did back then. God I’m lazy now😊

Yeah I loved them back then, must of changed every part of the car. Even the roof was bolt on, I changed the roof on that green one for one with a nice full length Webasto😎
Think the Rover V8 was a copy of the Buick version. Great engine. I blew a few diffs and they were a right pain to change as it had inboard brakes, not good jacked up in a council estate doing that. Things I did back then. God I’m lazy now😊
I'm impressed you had a car like that at 18 - my car at that age was a clapped out VIVA HB Deluxe ("deluxe" meant it had a heater and carpets!)

Back
Top Bottom