What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Edward Joseph

Registered
I have recently discovered the wonderful world of pinball, and while I do not have the money to purchase a table of my own - I do own a VIVE virtual reality headset with a couple of pinball games.

However realistic virtual reality is, it doesn't feel quite the same to play with a normal xbox controller, so I did some digging and I found this guide: http://www.tested.com/tech/gaming/569647-how-build-pinsim-virtual-reality-pinball-machine/ - however I lack the skills to actually follow it.

Would this be something anyone here would be able to build for me? and if so at what price? There appears to be two versions of the peripheral in the guide, a simpler first edition and a more complicated second edition with a proper plunger etc. it'd be great to get a quote for both options if it is something you are able to help me with!

Welcome Edward.

Do you specifically want a virtual reality set up or would a decent virual pinball table be better ? There are a few guys on here who have built one.

Impressive as those are, virtual reality I think. I like the ability to move around the table in full 3D (though I have seen some tables similar to the above with headtracking fo-3D, it's not quite the same as VR as it's still not stereoscopic) and also due to space restrictions. While my girlfriend is fine with me moving the coffee table on occasion to make some space for VR, she is not happy with me filling out flat with a full size pinball machine!

While my girlfriend is fine with me moving the coffee table on occasion to make some space for VR, she is not happy with me filling out flat with a full size pinball machine!

Well, we all know where this is heading.

Take her to Special When Lit, then report back.

It's true that nothing compares to the real thing. The answer to your conundrum is obvious. You need a bigger residence. :)

I have thought about building one of these. Just thrown away a set of legs at the weekend too. Couple of downsides though> If you get engrossed and lean forward on it too much you're going to end up flat on your face. How does the software configure the position, width and height of the table? If it's off at all then you're really going to notice it.

Back
Top Bottom