What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Pinball....

it's a good listen, i'm halfway through this 2h+ interview now. your voice is a lot easier to listen to than the American guy's, which kind of grates tbh. interesting to hear about your early letters to Sega and Williams back in the 90s

it's a good listen, i'm halfway through this 2h+ interview now. your voice is a lot easier to listen to than the American guy's, which kind of grates tbh. interesting to hear about your early letters to Sega and Williams back in the 90s

Yep I always had a plan to get to work for them, but life doesn't always pan out how you want it to.

Started listening to this last night. Only got to the 30 minute before I was interrupted by the kids, but very interesting so far...

Yes its a long one! I didn't realise we'd been talking for 2h 30mins by the end, but there was a lot to go through!

I definitely would NOT have sent his playfield back!

Interesting listen. You don't have a typical Leeds accent!

It was a simple question of integrity and it was proven who has none....
Totally appreciate why you did it, and i agree with your moral standpoint, but sadly i was also expecting the lack of retort.

Very easy for me to comment retrospectively though.

I'll also bet AP products have some of your work under the hood (or had til they realised the history).

Just listened to this today, all I can say is Jim your a true gentleman even after everything that's happened to you.

I'm sure you've had bad times but I'm glad the barstools haven't ground you down.

Anyone been contacted here in the UK to say their MG game is ready for collection/shipping? I'd be interested to know...

Apparently as of today, buyers games are ready for pickup from American Pinball..

Well, this week has been interesting.... I'll just summarise the week of pinside activity. Man, its been draining...

I have now been able to confirm that magic girl games are shipping with the code base that i created whilst working there and wasn't fully paid for. I have not seen the hardware inside yet but this suggests that it is also what i helped develop. It has also been confirmed that some of the 19 buyers game made have been collected/shipped. I believe there is 1 so far known to be coming to the uk, but not sure if that has been sent yet.

I am still owed $11177 and 1 mg game.

I have now created a new website to share feature and rule information regarding my code work on the game and potentially recover my losses via future updates for the game.

http://magicgirlcode.org

Still trying to work out how to get a game myself to

Good for you Jim, it's barn door obvious they stole your work. I recommend you lawyer up and get a case sent. They won't want the publicity so the timing is good for you now. Also kick up a stink about it wherever you can, wherever they try to promote and advertise it. Bastards deserve it.

Good for you Jim, it's barn door obvious they stole your work. I recommend you lawyer up and get a case sent. They won't want the publicity so the timing is good for you now. Also kick up a stink about it wherever you can, wherever they try to promote and advertise it. Bastards deserve it.

Damn straight! What he said.

It's bull**** what has happened to you and Yeti. Kick up a huge fuss.

Reactions: JT.
Damn straight! What he said.

It's bull**** what has happened to you and Yeti. Kick up a huge fuss.
Unlike the case with Kevin, these guys are still in production, selling games and making money. I think lawyering up is seriously the way to go - try and get it on a fixed fee basis, or perhaps even better, where they take a % cut if they're successful and otherwise you pay nothing.

Sorry Jim, I didn't post it to offend you in any way. I know you've had it rough with this matter, but i just posted that guys channel so pinheads could see it up close. This is a pinball forum after all.

EDIT: Time to get back to making stuff and forget about this...

Last edited:
Sorry you got the shaft. I, to a much lesser degree also got the shaft (Predator). The immediate time spent on pinside after i first realised i was getting the shaft was the most poisonous time i can ever recall on a forum.

I didn't know that guy was a pinside troll, and to be honest, i dont care. Nor do i care about pinball politics in any way shape or form. I hired counsel to do that for me. Perhaps you should do the same and stop reading posts about MG for a while?

Sorry you got the shaft. I, to a much lesser degree also got the shaft (Predator). The immediate time spent on pinside after i first realised i was getting the shaft was the most poisonous time i can ever recall on a forum.

I didn't know that guy was a pinside troll, and to be honest, i dont care. Nor do i care about pinball politics in any way shape or form. I hired counsel to do that for me. Perhaps you should do the same and stop reading posts about MG for a while?

Yes

There may be more detailed videos and explanations coming soon as well from other owners.

I don't think any company should be working with JPOP anymore to be honest. I watched all the Magic Girl videos and it's just sad how much of the game simply isn't there in hardware.

There are other designers to work with.

I don't think any company should be working with JPOP anymore to be honest. I watched all the Magic Girl videos and it's just sad how much of the game simply isn't there in hardware.

There are other designers to work with.

I don't think any company should expect to make anything without expecting to pay for the required expertise to do so and be prepared to do so up front.

Well. Hats off to you Jim. I would be nowhere near as gracious about loosing this amount of £s.

Your a very skilled programmer.

I would of also kept playfield but I guess you just wanted to close a chapter and also keep your honour!

Personally I made some bad personal decisions about working in this business for new pinball companies which put me off the industry and anything pinball for a few years but luckily I was not left with a bad debt owed to me.

JP is a very good designer. You can't deny that. Everything else he is utter shyte at.

Utter respect to you.

They have done a heck of a lot. 7 ball multiball. Screen nicely integrated into backglass.

$6995.

Jammed with toys and features.

Very surprised how far this game is.

Back
Top Bottom