What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazing themes that have been done but are desperate for a remake?

huggers

Site Supporter
Alias
Andy Hug
Was thinking earlier about how many great licences have been wasted with poor/average at best games. Which pins would you like to see one of the modern pinball companies completely re-work?

My top 5
1. Back to the Future
2. Ninja Turtles
3. Jurassic Park
4. Star Wars
5. Street Fighter

South Park is the most obvious candidate for me. The show has changed loads since Sega's effort with so much more better material to draw from. The original game was too easy as well with holes the size of tennis balls amongst other things.

Interesting. I remember playing J-Park back in the day and not being fussed about it. Perhaps needs a revisit! Not played South Park but the show is quality

all of the Marvel machines done by Stern - they all suck in my view.

Judge Dredd needs updating to be as good as the newer movie. Would love to see some more 2000AD themed pins....with artwork by Simon Bisley. That would be a dream come true.

Indiana Jones. I still remember thinking the WMS one would be great and being bored by it when I got a chance to play. Had one for a couple of years and it never grew on me.

Star Wars has never been great as a game in any of its incarnations.

Going to be flamed over this one but Dracula. I hate the sound and the colour scheme on BSD. Would love to see a better use of the theme. (although the mist multi ball is great)

Trust me I really, really wanted to love BSD. I simply can't stand it visually. It think it's something to do with the colour scheme and the retro/dated look. Horses for courses I guess. I know it's a firm favourite for so many people.

Trust me I really, really wanted to love BSD. I simply can't stand it visually. It think it's something to do with the colour scheme and the retro/dated look. Horses for courses I guess. I know it's a firm favourite for so many people.
I'm with John, I find it depressing, my scores even more so as I rarely had a good game on mine.

I'm with John, I find it depressing, my scores even more so as I rarely had a good game on mine.

Its a really tough game and definitely depressing. But deliciously so. I don't think there has yet been a pin or video game that does all of what I want (which is why I am making my own video game). But Dracula brings part of that, mostly the audio. I remember reading that one owner started having nightmares and would hear the Dracula music all the time. Thats an effective bit of audio.

The one title that desperately needs to be 're done is Back to the Future. Please someone do a better job than what we have now. Awesome theme that needs to be done justice.

Its a really tough game and definitely depressing. But deliciously so. I don't think there has yet been a pin or video game that does all of what I want (which is why I am making my own video game). But Dracula brings part of that, mostly the audio. I remember reading that one owner started having nightmares and would hear the Dracula music all the time. Thats an effective bit of audio.
I would honestly get creeped out playing it at night on my own, it's scary as hell with that music...... the Grizz Shack is down the bottom of the garden, I used to run back to the house heart pounding. [emoji4]

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

The one title that desperately needs to be 're done is Back to the Future. Please someone do a better job than what we have now. Awesome theme that needs to be done justice.
Would love that. I still don't think Mr. Fox would give the rights to his likeness though. Just doesn't seem into it unlike Christopher Lloyd.
Somebody suggest this to Stern. If they can remake IJ, surely they can bring this back?

Anyway.. Popeye!?

Would love that. I still don't think Mr. Fox would give the rights to his likeness though. Just doesn't seem into it unlike Christopher Lloyd.
Somebody suggest this to Stern. If they can remake IJ, surely they can bring this back?

Anyway.. Popeye!?

Stern already did IJ which was poop hence mypinballs rewrite

I would love to see Bally 1975 Wizard brought up to date with music rocking and a dmd

errrr no. :), i want the late sixtys theme with a bit of psychodelia going on,

www.johncoulthart.com_feuilleton_wp_content_uploads_2008_09_see_for_miles.jpgs_media_cache_ak0.pinimg.com_736x_33_74_54_337454ed7d5fe3949578b771113702e0.jpg

nyeandcompany_com_auctions_fitimg_121_2850725__b_.jpgs_media_cache_ak0.pinimg.com_originals_b5_5d_b2_b55db2da695957159a9e4b9ecbdfc854.jpgs_media_cache_ak0.pinimg.com_736x_32_8a_79_328a7998b63408d25673da4ff65c53e5.jpg

not some sad musical make do

www.pinballrebel.com_game_pins_tommy_tombg.jpg

Gotta have a groovy theme to dream SGT

Back
Top Bottom