What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All things Dialed in!

I have found the backhandability ( :D ) of the phone scoop to vary a lot from machine to machine, on mine its easy and the way I shoot for it most of the time. Not sure what you mean about the theatre, maybe you just haven't noticed it before but it's in use a lot of the time, don't think it's any different in tourny play.

Bit late to the party on this, but I think this is my favourite new game since my lotr le purchase :) had a lot of new sterns in between then and now

I love it!
I borrowed one of Mr Palmer for a bit, and enjoyed it. Definately my fave JJP.
Do like the fact they have used a lot of Bally/Williams mechs that lets face it - are tried and tested.
One tip - short the green and black wire together on the ATX power supply as one day it wont come on. Saves you opening the game and shorting out the 'power on' terminals on the motherboard. It has happened to every JJP game we have had at tilt, and quite a few others (but not all).
I will give it 90 days until you have hacked into the software :)

Enjoy it. Great game.

its the best JJP by a mile bu still things in it could have been better.

JJP have some good designs let down by not so great coding.

Wonka is the same, great shots with really dismal coding, its like the folks who made the game had never seen the movie.

Really enjoy the disaster modes and the attack part of the multiball. Also love the theatre and progressing to theatre multiball especially the break into the subway train! Also agree with other comments I’ve seen that’s its a lot like tz

Last edited:
The only thing that put me off was the jazzy type tune, change that for something else more up beat maybe?
Can that even be done on JJP?

Wonka is the same, great shots with really dismal coding, its like the folks who made the game had never seen the movie.

code seems pretty good to me in dialed in. Slight shock when you go from v1.57 to v1.60. ??? What did they do to the videos? but v1.73 seems pretty solid again

not played wonka enough to judge yet on code. Assume though it’s not as bad a Lonnie expedition??

Nope that's POTC and I have both. DI is misunderstood and people think it's about a phone. It's about the disasters more so. It plays like a WPC game. A great design and well worth picking up.

code seems pretty good to me in dialed in. Slight shock when you go from v1.57 to v1.60. ??? What did they do to the videos? but v1.73 seems pretty solid again

not played wonka enough to judge yet on code. Assume though it’s not as bad a Lonnie expedition??

no, its worse in my view! honestly just feels all over the place.

no, its worse in my view! honestly just feels all over the place.

oh dear, could be because its still early on with the game and probably will get more updates as they finish stuff up etc. The lcd screen did seem alittle bit lacking and simpler compared to the dialed in screen, but i haven't played it alot to see all the details etc.

On the dialed in front, what do people have their theatre magnet settings on? My game came with it set to 80, but that didnt work at all on the shadow throw scenario, so i have tried a few adjustments and settled on 95. Works lovely now. Another cool feature added into the game :) 5 magnets on it, i didnt realise before that there were 3 more under the playfield like an addams scenario.

Hi please can some one explain how I upgrade the code on my DI, think iam still running the original. Many thanks.

01.52 do I need to download in order until the present one, how many have there been?

Attachments

• DF2C85E8-FA99-40F5-9EB1-0BCF820F03BD.jpeg
    DF2C85E8-FA99-40F5-9EB1-0BCF820F03BD.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 6
oh dear, could be because its still early on with the game and probably will get more updates as they finish stuff up etc. The lcd screen did seem alittle bit lacking and simpler compared to the dialed in screen, but i haven't played it alot to see all the details etc.

On the dialed in front, what do people have their theatre magnet settings on? My game came with it set to 80, but that didnt work at all on the shadow throw scenario, so i have tried a few adjustments and settled on 95. Works lovely now. Another cool feature added into the game :) 5 magnets on it, i didnt realise before that there were 3 more under the playfield like an addams scenario.

I think mine is at 200.

DI is almost a great game. It was reminiscent of high watermark wpc games, but with better lighting, amplification and some really great features.

However it was released too early, was not properly tested or fettled (esp vital sim card hole), shabby kit car build quality

Sim Card hole- take the protector out, same with the phone scoop- much better playing.

apart from my BOB trap door, which I fixed day one, I have not had any problems at all..

if D.I is shabby kit car build, then Stern is sticky tape, PVA glue and tissue paper build!

DI has lots of nice features but I’ve never really been grabbed by it. Had mine for 6 months or so and it rarely gets turned on.

Not a bad game but just not as much fun as I was hoping.

Sim Card hole- take the protector out, same with the phone scoop- much better playing.

I have big problems getting the ball into the phone scoop as it just rattles around and comes out again. Do you reckon on a home machine that taking off the Cliffy is OK? I guess I can put the Cliffy back on if and when it comes time to sell the machine...

I have no problem hitting the phone scoop on mine ( with proper cliffy, not the jjp one that was originally fitted ) from either flipper, definitely easier backhanded though. Sim hole is a different matter though, I rarely hit it on purpose. I took the cliffy off that one once and immediately it started chipping around the hole so that went straight back on. Best bet to collect sims is to start a multiball asap.

Interesting. I have the Cliffy cliffy, not the JJP one on the phone scoop. But proably 4 times out of 5 the ball bounces out. I even put a bit of sticky velco in the back of the scoop (someone on Pinside had success with that) but it still bounces out. Never had that problem on other Dialed Ins I have played

It's been a while now but I know I messed about with different rubber on the posts around both scoops. I definitely fitted slightly smaller ones to the sim hole posts, not that it made much difference lol.

Take the protector out,

much better, manage to go through at least 3 modes now, before my 3rd ball :rofl:,

hole after 100 ish plays with it off
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom