What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All things Dialed in!

8M is a mega score.

I've not seen any slowdown on my game with the video when it worked that is and it was a Celeron processor! I think the issue with the videos is sound sync related more than video processing from the videos I've seen of it on pinside.

JJP recommending to reinstall the code. Thanks again to Phil for putting me in touch with the right folks.

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Code install done, nothing doing.

Got VGA screen running off the two other ports. Tried a couple of cables nothing.

So two screens gone at the same time. Bizarre! Waiting for JJP to come back and will ask them to express ship the parts if they can so we can have it at Pinfest.

Cheers,
Neil.

So no display at all when connected to an external monitor? Or that works?

Do a full install of the previous version I'm wondering if they are using a different driver for the display. Ideally need to SSH into that box and run a few commands.

nah its a hardware problem. I think they have had some sort of power surge as they are on the same 12V rail. Probably what caused all the other failures of this part.

Neil.

Big up to Freddie’s Pinball Paradise who had all of the parts in stock and they kindly drove 20KM to the nearest UPS place to get the package to me by today. It’s out for delivery now!

Regards,
Neil.

New code is out ( 1.73 ) which fixes the laggy video issue. I installed it on my machine which has the lowly Celeron cpu and it has fixed the issue, no more out of sync audio/video on the phone display.

Yeah it’s a major killer - Cabinet is made of MDF.

It’s 160KG

Neil

Picking one up tomorrow, how heavy are these compared to a pro Stern?
Agree they are very heavy, I used a sack truck made life a dream. The width of the machine top box is a killer too had to take a door off to get in the room (which was no issue with my LOTR prior), that was a lot easier than taking the pin apart IMO tho 👍 enjoy Dailed In quite fancy that as well as WOZ.... one day if I ever tire of my wonderful Hobbit 😊

Whoops! Just noted it’s not wide body 👍

I am hoping that a JJP game and the code is what solves my swapping and changing - only IMDN and TWD have managed that so far, IMDN went solely because I wanted 4 instead of 3... now back down to 3 but with money in the tank for a mover/shaker BW title probably...

Better rope Billy round to mine tomorrow then. Luckily the pinshed has double doors...

Anyone else want a jaunt to Norwich to grab a corner?

From what I have seen... uses the Data East allen key approach, I am hoping same size as this is what I have and no tools on site, not sure if the key is in the game...

From what I have seen... uses the Data East allen key approach, I am hoping same size as this is what I have and no tools on site, not sure if the key is in the game...

Same size as data east/sega/stern

Ok so it is in, and set up and playing... It was an absolute beast to move around and as others have said, weighs so much more than others. I have a system to get games on all fours on my own. This involves me usually lifting the back up, onto me sitting on a chair and me then lifting it to put back legs on... On my own, not a cat in hells chance.

So.. I have to say I am very excited by this game now. A few observations.

- I don't know if the quantum theatre gets set to be in use a lot less on tournament play? However, I have found it seems to be active a lot so far..
- Very little ball save on the main multiball, seems to be over very quickly...
- Scoring is all over the shop, but in fairness I am knackered so probably more down to me.
- The phone scoop, I thought this was backhandable off the right flipper, but doesn't seem to be on this one? Or is this me, being knackered?

Back
Top Bottom