What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All things Dialed in!

Actually, I'm not sure if David requested and fitted Cliffy's to the phone and sim holes, worth requesting them from JJP if it still has the original JJP protectors fitted.

Hi,first time post for me.I asked this question on another forum,but so far,I haven't received a reply.So here goes.

How high should the front edge of the trap door be(spring steel), when it's locked open.Mine is 3/4'',and sometimes it deflects the ball back down the left loop. Of course this happened during my best game ever,when the extra ball was lit. icon_crying.gif
I've already replaced my trap door once,and I'm thinking that it may have broken early,because the ball was pounding on the spring steel all the time.It does look like there's an adjustment setting on the device, to allow you to change the drap door opening.Maybe mine was set on the wrong setting,at the factory?
Could someone measure the height of the trap door for me ,when it's locked open, the next time you have your glass off?
Thanks in advance.
Ralph

Dump the game mate. Get the best price you can for it and put it down to experience.

I flogged my Dialed-in. It is not properly engineered. My near 30 year old funhouse has the same trap door mech in it. My Funhouse has played tens if not hundreds of thousands of games. Its trapdoor works flawlessly.

Hi,first time post for me.I asked this question on another forum,but so far,I haven't received a reply.So here goes.

How high should the front edge of the trap door be(spring steel), when it's locked open.Mine is 3/4'',and sometimes it deflects the ball back down the left loop. Of course this happened during my best game ever,when the extra ball was lit. icon_crying.gif
I've already replaced my trap door once,and I'm thinking that it may have broken early,because the ball was pounding on the spring steel all the time.It does look like there's an adjustment setting on the device, to allow you to change the drap door opening.Maybe mine was set on the wrong setting,at the factory?
Could someone measure the height of the trap door for me ,when it's locked open, the next time you have your glass off?
Thanks in advance.
Ralph

what makes you think its broken? My advice is to PM LTG on pinside - he's JJP/CGC tech and a great knowledge on these games.

has anyone put mirror blades on Dialed in? what ones did you use?

Dump the game mate. Get the best price you can for it and put it down to experience.

I flogged my Dialed-in. It is not properly engineered. My near 30 year old funhouse has the same trap door mech in it. My Funhouse has played tens if not hundreds of thousands of games. Its trapdoor works flawlessly.

Utter claptrap. Yes it took a bit of fettling but i have never had an airball and it's been rock solid since the first few weeks.
Games ive had nib that were 100% ? None and ive had a few now.

Have to echo how solid the Funhouse trap door is. It takes a battering too when the ball picks up speed doing orbits. Solid engineering built to last.

Fabulous game had no issue with my trapdoor. I could get a pic if someone doesn't beat me to it first for you if you are stuck?

Cheers

kev

you probably never want to own an Iron Maiden :D

I played @ianw 's iron maiden. I thought it was a great game. Delighted to play other people's new machines but I don't want the ownership risk myself.

I appreciate quality engineering/ design and am a firm believer in 90s technology for some things - especially Pinball machines and cars. 1990s kit like this predates cheap computer sensors and cheap Chinese subcomponentry and the multitude of problems these can bring.

My current 2011 VW california, former 2007 audi s5, former 2004 Nissan 350z, former 2002 range rover were all riddled with faults. Stuffed with sensors, warning lights, limp modes ... the audi and nissan both needed major mechanical work under warranty in addition to all the electrical nonsense.

My current 94 merc sl 500 and 1999 volvo v70 ( on 160k miles) are profoundly more reliable right now than any of the more modern cars were when under warranty. It is only my wife's insistence that is preventing me from dumping my vw california.

My wife's former 1996 Nissan micra was as reliable as gravity. My dad's 2004 version was a piece of sh1t in comparison. "Intelligent key" , what an oxymoron

Some folk just seem to accept that with new cars and pinball machines that you get problems from the get go.

That's fine if you can stomach it, but I can't

I don’t think @DRD wants to own anything without pin through hole boards, which has its own advantages but of course limits the choice to anything what?? Pre 2000?
Fabulous game had no issue with my trapdoor. I could get a pic if someone doesn't beat me to it first for you if you are stuck?

Cheers

kev
That would be very helpful,and if it's not too much trouble, the next time you have your glass off,could you measure the height of the trap door opening?

what makes you think its broken? My advice is to PM LTG on pinside - he's JJP/CGC tech and a great knowledge on these games.
Sometimes when the ball goes up the left loop,it hits the edge of the trap door,sending it back down the loop. Even a fast moving ball can be deflected back down the loop.

That would be very helpful,and if it's not too much trouble, the next time you have your glass off,could you measure the height of the trap door opening?
did you see the vid above on how to adjust it ?

Cheers

Kev

Thanks everyone for your time, and trying to help me.A member of the Pinside forum,came over to my house during his lunch break,and fixed my trap door.Here's a picture,and an explanation for fixing this problem,incase someone else has this problem in the future.
d7391b04d1ef9657caa2ad4e6d463273dc80dcb0.jpg

Thanks everyone for your time, and trying to help me.A member of the Pinside forum,came over to my house during his lunch break,and fixed my trap door.Here's a picture,and an explanation for fixing this problem,incase someone else has this problem in the future.
d7391b04d1ef9657caa2ad4e6d463273dc80dcb0.jpg
My Bracket had to be bent in the opposite direction,because my door only opened up 3/4'' of an inch.

just a quick question - are the props on drones supposed to move?

Also anyone else have ball hop when the ball comes out of the scoop? Still got the JJP cliffies on but swapping them out this week for the proper ones.

Neil.

Drones spin up when you hit the drone target. You can run them in test too. Get those cliffies fitted, the jjp ones are horrible. Is the ball hitting the overhead wireform when leaving the phone scoop? If so bend the scoop downwards, it tends to straighten over time ( it should have been braced! ).

Drones spin up when you hit the drone target. You can run them in test too. Get those cliffies fitted, the jjp ones are horrible. Is the ball hitting the overhead wireform when leaving the phone scoop? If so bend the scoop downwards, it tends to straighten over time ( it should have been braced! ).

Thanks Kev will sort this week.

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

just a quick question - are the props on drones supposed to move?

Also anyone else have ball hop when the ball comes out of the scoop? Still got the JJP cliffies on but swapping them out this week for the proper ones.

Neil.
Hi
My drones don't spin during a game or when I run a test on them.JJP sent me replacement drones,but I haven't installed them yet.

Anyone got a solution to bounce-outs at the phone scoop? It’s a tough enough shot without the ball bouncing out rather than dropping in half the time!

Anyone got a solution to bounce-outs at the phone scoop? It’s a tough enough shot without the ball bouncing out rather than dropping in half the time!

Play better :) LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Try changing the post rubbers to normal black rubbers, I did that when changing the cliffies and don't have that issue ( not sure if it's a result the cliffies, the rubbers or both).

Back
Top Bottom