What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All things Dialed in!

wonder if my new one has the correct ones already on - hard to tell - could you do a picture of one of them side by side Kev ?

Cheers

kev
Here you go Kev. The JJP protectors ( on the left ) are approximately double the thickness of the Cliffy's.

20180322_191230.jpg 20180322_201041.jpg

Nice one mate and a different shape so very easy to tell - I will take a look tonight.

Cheers

kev
checked mine @kevlar and sure enough they are the old JJP ones the same as yours on the left of pics - I will be filling in the form on the JJP site - now where's that serial no at !!!

Cheers

kev

Can anyone see a "scoop protector request" option in the Case Type field as per the instructions on the JJP site for requesting a scoop?

Can anyone see a "scoop protector request" option in the Case Type field as per the instructions on the JJP site for requesting a scoop?
No, it's not there, I just wrote ' scoop protector request ' in the brief description box, then a little more in the comments box below specifically asking for the Cliffy protectors.

I have to say it does play better and look better with the Cliffy's. I've made more sim shots on purpose ( admittedly still a low % of attempts ) and can hit the phone scoop much easier. I should say that I also replaced the rubbers around the 2 scoops, I fitted 3/8" OD mini post rubbers to the sim posts ( machine comes with 7/16" fitted ) so they are slightly smaller giving slightly more room to make the shot, and replaced the silicone post sleeves with standard black rubber sleeves at the phone scoop. The combination of the cliffys and the rubber posts at the phone scoop has significantly lowered the number of airballs from that area.

No, it's not there, I just wrote ' scoop protector request ' in the brief description box, then a little more in the comments box below specifically asking for the Cliffy protectors.
Yeah I did the same as you Kev - its not there so wrote it in the box at the bottom.

Also have you guys registered your machine with JJP ?

Cheers

Kev

Got these today and they came pretty quickly - gotta say they look a lot better than the JJP originals.

Cheers

kev

IMG_2854.JPG

Nice one Kev. There's a little tab that goes under the playfield on the front of the sim hole, I found that a bit loose on mine, i.e. it didn't pull the front edge down tight to the playfield. I bent mine up slightly before fitting to pull the cliffy front edge down better. Hope that makes sense.

i just got am email from cliffy, mine that i ordered in November on the way. way to go cliffy, useless.

i just got am email from cliffy, mine that i ordered in November on the way. way to go cliffy, useless.

I ordered a couple of sets of ramp cliffys for my TOMs, he said they'd be 6-7 weeks, so sometime in June. Good job I'm in no hurry.

There seem to have been a few Dialed In Pins come up for sale or trade on the forum recently. It's great news for me as I'm looking to pick one up in the future, but just wondering why such a highly rated game seems to be being moved on in a relatively short space of time? I realise each owner has their own reasons for selling/trading, but does this Pin not have staying power?

I have put my DI up for sale.

In my opinion it is the best game produced by anyone since Bally/ Williams closed down. It is streets ahead of all the modern Sterns that I have played, and indeed every Stern, Data East or Sega game I have played.

I grew up with and gravitate towards relatively short ball-time games that were designed to sit in arcades, operating alongside numerous other machines competing for your coins. In the 80s could go in with a quid and play 10 totally different types of machines. In the old days arcades were awash with weird one-off cabinets and technologies. Atari vector graphics, EM rifle games, table football, air hockeys, video games with all manner of controls (tracker balls, rotary knobs, periscopes, levers, foot pedals) .... .......Modern pinballs in contrast are designed for home use and have much deeper rules and longer game times that intimidate some casual players

I have the space for a dozen pinballs and I can buy several system 11s and/ or a loads of Bally SS tables for the cost of a single modern Stern or JJP.

There seem to have been a few Dialed In Pins come up for sale or trade on the forum recently. It's great news for me as I'm looking to pick one up in the future, but just wondering why such a highly rated game seems to be being moved on in a relatively short space of time? I realise each owner has their own reasons for selling/trading, but does this Pin not have staying power?

Maybe because it doesn't have a theme/music/nostalgia that tugs at the heart strings?

Fun game but easier to let go and move on than many of the old favourites.

Also a lot came into the UK, so the usual supply/demand stuff.

Agree with @DRD best game I have played since the addams was first released. Mine won't be going soon as I haven't had that much time to play it yet !

Cheers

kev

but just wondering why such a highly rated game seems to be being moved on in a relatively short space of time?
It's a crap load of cash to tie up in one machine. It is simply a great machine but if you're wanting something else then it's easy to cull just the one to pay for it rather than 3 others...

comes up at competitions all the time so useful for practise if you have one.

Neil.

Replay is bang in the money there is so many out there that’s why it seem a lot come up for sale bit like gb when that came out and sold well
It’s a bit sad that the popular titles are worth less on the second hand market than the rate lesser titles

just bought DRD's one of these - do I need to do anything to this game or is it pretty set?

Back
Top Bottom