What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All things Dialed in!

When you get past the idiotic quality control and adjustment niggles, it is a proper fully featured game

It could have been made by Williams in the mid 90s but is augmented with better sounds, better sound quality, better lighting effects, tv screen for the audience, deeper rules .....

It is head and shoulders above anything stern has done IMHO. And is the best thing I have played since the golden period of the 90s

I agree with Kev. Playing Dialed in for the first time was like playing TAF for the first time back in the early 90s.

When you get past the idiotic quality control and adjustment niggles, it is a proper fully featured game

It could have been made by Williams in the mid 90s but is augmented with better sounds, better sound quality, better lighting effects, tv screen for the audience, deeper rules .....

It is head and shoulders above anything stern has done IMHO. And is the best thing I have played since the golden period of the 90s

I agree with Kev. Playing Dialed in for the first time was like playing TAF for the first time back in the early 90s.
+1

How deep is the game compared to a few of the more modern Sterns?

I am not best qualified to answer this as I have only owned one modern Stern game, and you really do not know a 90s or later game until you have owned it and played it hundreds of times. I have played modern Sterns in plenty in league scenarios though

For me Dialed-in probably sits inbetween the deep 90s WPC game like TZ or Roadshow and the mega deep modern Sterns that are designed for home use. I have had mine for a few months and have never reached any wizard mode on 4 ball, no extras. Whereas on my TZ, it is also on 4 ball, no extras I would probably get to the wizard mode every couple of hours of play

Seriously considering pulling the trigger on one of these. Standard or LE? Considering the price I'm thinking standard

I think you need to consider resale. And I reckon the LE will do much better in the used market .

Folk spending serious coin on a game will probably favour the higher spec le and will wait until one comes along

Received these today from JJP, I believe they are actual cliffy's, they are definetly different to the jjp ones already fitted. With @philpalmer not having much luck getting them I thought I'd give it a try and filled out the online form on jjp's website and 3 weeks later they arrived. Anyone know what the small one on the right is for? Doesn't seem large enough to be of any use in the shooter lane.
Edit.....the sim hole protector is 2 piece so the small one goes at the back of the hole ( see vid posted by @aaronhicksuk on page 2 )
20180321_180559.jpg

Last edited:
Dialed in is as deep as a lot of sterns - best way to see this is Bowen’s tutorial video...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So far I have not touched the software in my game

Is there an idiots guide to updating the software, what version are you guys on ?

And when you use this, does the phone pack up, so you need to get a new one from the manufacturer ? So far my phone has been fine running the original software. I was hoping that if I waited for a later software release that my phone would not die

Ta

Hard to say Dave, these phones have been dropping like flies though. May as well find out now and get a new one if required, clearly there's a qc issue with the first batch.

Reactions: DRD
Played DI a bit the other night.

It dawned on me that it's the closest Lawlor has come to Roadshow 2 . The modes could fit into RS, the Drone area is like the blast zone, the Theatre replaces the Bulldozer, Crazy Bob is back, Red and Ted are there again. It's RS with added smartphones. :D

And yes I was drinking. And am drinking. :cool:

I think @Sgt GrizZ is bang on the money here and that dialled in builds on the proper Lawlor games that finished with Roadshow

Banzai Run - the kickback
Earthshaker - blue game, one of the modes
Whirlwind - blue game, the funnel cloud mode
Funhouse - trap door
Addams - magnets in the PF, side ramp from the upper flipper
Twilight - double ramps, slot machine scoop
Roadshow - blast zone, crazy bobs as per post ^^^^

It really feels to me like the game after Roadshow, and as though he has reverted to his roots. This is largely why I bought one. His work with Stern, based on the games I have played, felt nothing like his Williams designs and I never felt inclined to buy one

And when you use this, does the phone pack up, so you need to get a new one from the manufacturer ? So far my phone has been fine running the original software. I was hoping that if I waited for a later software release that my phone would not die

Ta
Dave, I updated my broken DI (before the new one arrived) to 1.5 with no issue. Only problem is it doesnt like big usb sticks ie I used a 32gb and it wouldnt work - used a 4gb(I think?) and it worked first time with no issues

Cheers

kev

Received these today from JJP, I believe they are actual cliffy's, they are definetly different to the jjp ones already fitted. With @philpalmer not having much luck getting them I thought I'd give it a try and filled out the online form on jjp's website and 3 weeks later they arrived. Anyone know what the small one on the right is for? Doesn't seem large enough to be of any use in the shooter lane.
Edit.....the sim hole protector is 2 piece so the small one goes at the back of the hole ( see vid posted by @aaronhicksuk on page 2 )
View attachment 61510
wonder if my new one has the correct ones already on - hard to tell - could you do a picture of one of them side by side Kev ?

Cheers

kev

I'll take a pic this evening Kev. I'll never understand why pinball machines ( probably not just pinball machines ) are so fussy with usb sticks, sterns are the same. My DI worked fine with a 32g stick though so it's not down to capacity, more manufacturer related I believe.

I'll take a pic this evening Kev. I'll never understand why pinball machines ( probably not just pinball machines ) are so fussy with usb sticks, sterns are the same. My DI worked fine with a 32g stick though so it's not down to capacity, more manufacturer related I believe.
Thanks Kev - could well be about the USB sticks

I think you need to consider resale. And I reckon the LE will do much better in the used market .

Folk spending serious coin on a game will probably favour the higher spec le and will wait until one comes along
Can't remember who said it on here, but I thought it was rather erudite - namely that "if you can afford £8k you can afford £9k".

In my very uneducated opinion such a small relative difference between standard and LE ought to be at least the same if not bigger come resale.

Sorry Phil! :) The quote stuck in my mind, but am at work so couldn't dig around to find who said it (possibly even in this thread lol) :)

Got to say this is not what I wanted to hear (Dialed in is like Roadshow 2) it probably means when ever I eventually get to play it I will want one....

Maybe I should start selling some of my machines and put it towards a DI :hmm: It would also sort out my space problem. :suspect:

Maybe I could get the wife one for her 50th seeing as she got me Aerosmith for mine, bonus that DI should be much cheaper by then also :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom