What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Spent time on Wayne's pro last evening. Beautiful game and it flows lovely with great shots. Software seems to be heading in the right connection and the insider connect is great (but not for code updates, Stern, an incremental update without the assets would be great). The big letdown for me is the sound. Way too repetitive in general.
Overall, I probably won't buy as I think there will be a load offloaded come the next title. Will wait for Mr Bond.
Good to see you on stream last night Phil.
Not long til the 1st midland meet 😀

Got mine set up today I was sceptical when I first saw the distributors launch with the poor sound s and display but I am well impressed so far I have played both the le and the pro and although the pro is missing the toys it’s certainly not missing anything in the fun factor department happy days

Attachments

• B55BEB5B-3F56-4737-ADCF-71D6A4E8B760.jpeg
    B55BEB5B-3F56-4737-ADCF-71D6A4E8B760.jpeg
    146.9 KB · Views: 53
So I updated code via Wi-Fi tonight and registered my pin with insider.
Although I’m on the typical honeymoon period this is everything I’d hoped it to be and for me the best from Elwin yet.
The game is just so much fun and I personally love the campy call-outs and OTT old school battles.
Time will tell but once code is final I think this and GnR will be the games that have set the president for future releases to come close.

So I updated code via Wi-Fi tonight and registered my pin with insider.
Although I’m on the typical honeymoon period this is everything I’d hoped it to be and for me the best from Elwin yet.
The game is just so much fun and I personally love the campy call-outs and OTT old school battles.
Time will tell but once code is final I think this and GnR will be the games that have set the president for future releases to come close.
Totally agree. GZ almost makes me wonder why I need my other pins…….almost!!

That's incredible.... love it
Yeah they are fantastic, the left LE side is nice but the right non LE side is superb!

Just sent Col a text about making up some city skyline silhouette plates with Godzilla on one side and Mechadozilla on the other, should look amazing.

Just saw this post over on Pinside, https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/3#post-6549155 not often the pro & prem speaker set up betters the LE, but these are bloody cool!

He’s added a city skyline speaker silhouette which makes it look like the cities are burning on each speaker, very cool.
Looks very cool! This is the same flame effect code as was running in my BKSOR at pinfest this year. Doug's version however does not connect to the MPU so it won't tie into game modes.

Looks very cool! This is the same flame effect code as was running in my BKSOR at pinfest this year. Doug's version however does not connect to the MPU so it won't tie into game modes.
Where did you get yours from mate? Or did you originally create this code? I saw your BKSPR at pinfest and it looked brilliant!

I assume if you can tie it into the games code you could get it to change depending on mode? So for example blue fire during Godzilla fire breathe etc?

Where did you get yours from mate? Or did you originally create this code? I saw your BKSPR at pinfest and it looked brilliant!
Thanks mate! The flaming effect was put together by @ScottyC on pinside, using some example code from the FastLED repository.

The link to the MPU tying the effect into the game mode was done by myself. It's a bit of a faff to setup though - requires editing some files on the game's SD card. I've been looking into ways to make this easier, but it's not quite ready yet!

In any case all the info is in the first post of this pinside thread, including a link to my github repo where I wrote some instructions.

Had a few, well quite a lot of games on the Pro today at Electric Circus.
Wow, what a machine. Really impressed and has just gone to the top of my want list. (When funds allow 🤣)
Thanks @steve brum for putting these games out in the public domain.

Does anyone have any idea when Premiums are likely to land over here? Really want one but we’re moving fairly soon which will mean juggling machines for a while - have to refurbish an outbuilding before I can move them all in. Don’t want to mess Phil around by ordering a game when I may not be able to take delivery when they land.

Does anyone have any idea when Premiums are likely to land over here? Really want one but we’re moving fairly soon which will mean juggling machines for a while - have to refurbish an outbuilding before I can move them all in. Don’t want to mess Phil around by ordering a game when I may not be able to take delivery when they land.
Phil told me that March/April would probably be around the time they arrived over here.

Phil told me that March/April would probably be around the time they arrived over here.

Cheers, appreciate it. Hoping to have the building sorted by then but may have to hold off on ordering until we complete and I have a timeline for the conversion. Guess I’ll just have to hope that they aren’t all spoken for by then!

Anyone had trouble with the building lowering?
Over on Pinside a few issues where it doesn’t lower all the way..
Will be interesting on finding out why.

Also a few switches mixed up wrong outlane/inlane

Anyone had trouble with the building lowering?
Over on Pinside a few issues where it doesn’t lower all the way..
Will be interesting on finding out why.

Also a few switches mixed up wrong outlane/inlane
None of the 'insulation protectors' have been heat shrinked on mine - they're all there just not shrunk. not a major problem to fix but a bit shoddy - they must have gone on a lunch break.

Have also had a second complete reset during play :mad:

With the glass off I presume?
It's a known bug/exploit that was posted on Tilt. Once you get super train scores increase per shot made - 71 loops is what has been posted, by loops it basically means combos. Similar bug as what's on Icarus IMdn, or super combos on AIQ I presume. But how many people can make 71 consecutive shots? best I've managed was about 12, while I was timing out RAMPAGE, by alternating ramps.

I hope these small issues are fixed in upcoming code updates, but more importantly the music is a little less repetitive, that's what is currently stopping me play it so much.

You know there are 4 options for the music? Rock, Orchestral, 1954 Original, Hybrid (factory default).

You know there are 4 options for the music? Rock, Orchestral, 1954 Original, Hybrid (factory default).
Yes, and they're all repetitive. it's the sound effects which really grate though, like just before destruction jackpot, or magna grab

Finally got round to playing Godzilla today at electric circus.
Well it defo lives up to the hype, what a game !
It took well over £10 in 50ps of my money, couldn’t leave it alone.
The only criticism I have is, the reverse shot through the building, is a guaranteed sdtm, every time 😩

The only criticism I have is, the reverse shot through the building, is a guaranteed sdtm, every time 😩
the game isn't setup right if its doing that.

Went and played today, seemed fine so has maybe been adjusted. If anyone is wondering the pro at Electric Circus was connected to IC. It played great, love that you can just repeatedly shoot the alternate ramps even if its not for something it just feels good lol Also if anyone is still wondering if the pro is worth getting because of the lack of toys, I had a blast on the pro, probably biased because I did better today than when I played the LE at Tilt, but yeah the pro is great fun! I did think mechagodzilla multiball was easier to start on the LE/prem though

Back
Top Bottom